Arizona Cardinals @ Baltimore Ravens Pregame Thread. 09/09/19-09/14/19

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Your choice is bizarre.
Basically you're saying you "may" become a fan if he has the best season in Cards history...so odd. Not liking a pick is one thing, but this is just strange.

Always be a Cards fan.Not liking the pick doesn`t mean I root against the Cards.Just saying KM has a very very high bar to pass to make me like the pick.Been fooled before by other QBs-Leinhart,Plummer etc;.
With all the hype and transcendent nonsense spewed forth by the KIylerKultists I choose to take a wait and see attitude.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think Reddick is going to start at ILB on Sunday. ESPN removed the "Q" (for questionable) from beside his name on the depth chart.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
**nfl newbie oberservation**

I'm amazed how many interviews Kyler Murray does.

In Aus sport the draftees and younger players tend to be protected

The established, senior players do the bulk of the media work. They shield the younger players. Let them just find their feet and play. Worry about their game and nothing else.

Rookies will only do the odd carefully stage managed interview.

KM is almost the face of the organisation as a one game veteran. Handles it fine mind you.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Same here.

Crazy that I was on the Lamar Jackson band wagon, day 1, for the 2018 draft.

Jackson was a beast in college and I am no where near surprised at what he did last week.

Yet, as it stands today, I am not sure if he is any better than Murray. I like that Jackson is taller, but Murray looks more durable (Murray is thicker than I thought).

Both can run, both can throw.

I did find it wierd that there was such support to draft Murray and was not the same last year with Jackson.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

I think the reasoning is simple. Lamar is not a good thrower. I will take the 20 to 30 games in college and the pro's over what might be the best game of his career against the worst possible team in the NFL.

Even the 1st TD to Hollywood was a low throw that Brown had to corral before he could get moving. The TD to Boykin was a lucky duck jump ball on his back foot thrown to empty grass not to any WR.

What Lamar has is a great play action offense and good RPO concepts. When you neutralize his running lanes and put consistent pressure on him..... He throws a horribly inaccurate ball.

When Murray makes the playoffs....... I can't imagine any scenario where he looks even half as atrocious at Lamar looked in that home playoff game. Even the 1st three quarters last Sunday were better than that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I personally think we may blitz on 75% of our defensive snaps this week. It might not work.... but it may be our best hope.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think the reasoning is simple. Lamar is not a good thrower. I will take the 20 to 30 games in college and the pro's over what might be the best game of his career against the worst possible team in the NFL.

Even the 1st TD to Hollywood was a low throw that Brown had to corral before he could get moving. The TD to Boykin was a lucky duck jump ball on his back foot thrown to empty grass not to any WR.

What Lamar has is a great play action offense and good RPO concepts. When you neutralize his running lanes and put consistent pressure on him..... He throws a horribly inaccurate ball.

When Murray makes the playoffs....... I can't imagine any scenario where he looks even half as atrocious at Lamar looked in that home playoff game. Even the 1st three quarters last Sunday were better than that.

Facts on your side of the argument. If I had to bet on it, I would wager that Jackson passes much more like he did in his first several starts in the NFL. Not horrible, but nothing like last week.

They'll come out of the locker room with their hair on fire at home, and the crowd will be egging them on.

But if we can find a way to keep it close through the first 20 minutes of the game, we might have a chance.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Biggest concern:

L Jackson proved on the field he can bring it; whereas KM gives us one-quarter's worth of hope.

The Ravens proved they can paste more than a 50-burger in regulation. Cards haven't proved that (although coming back from 18 down in less than a quarter is pretty impressive).

Word of caution - beware of overreaction. A lot of what's posted on this board reflects what one guy did once in one game. It's hard to determine whether a great play or lousy play was the beginning of a trend or whether it was merely a fluke (or whether it confirmed that a youngster had a pro-ready floor).

IMHO - a lot of what we're seeing one time may not be replicated throughout the season (unless it is). Just take a deep breath before you leap.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The established, senior players do the bulk of the media work. They shield the younger players. Let them just find their feet and play. Worry about their game and nothing else.

KM is almost the face of the organisation as a one game veteran. Handles it fine mind you.
Pretty common in the NFL, especially of quarterbacks and even more especially if you were the number one pick in the draft. Super high profile and high media demand.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
for like 28 of 32 teams, the NFL is a week to week league. Both Balt and AZ are in the 28

very curious to see how Balt handles going from a cake walk in week 1 to their next game. Sounds crazy, but this has a trap game aspect to it: coming off a blowout, coming home, non-conf opponent who wasn't very good last year and for most of week 1. KC on the horizon the next week.

very curious to see how AZ reacts to 3 horrid quarters / 1 good quarter of football

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Jackson has at least had 9-10 starts in the NFl and has only lost 2 times.i find it funny that some rag on Jackson for his bad 3 quarters in his playoff start while buttkissing Murray for doing the very same thing.Jackson almost lead the Ravens to a comeback win against a playoff team while KM ties a poor Lions team.Jackson is a work in progress and is improving as a passer( not a finished product by any means) nor is Murray.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Jackson has at least had 9-10 starts in the NFl and has only lost 2 times.i find it funny that some rag on Jackson for his bad 3 quarters in his playoff start while buttkissing Murray for doing the very same thing.Jackson almost lead the Ravens to a comeback win against a playoff team while KM ties a poor Lions team.Jackson is a work in progress and is improving as a passer( not a finished product by any means) nor is Murray.

Well, we're only about 72 hours from finding out who will outplay whom BW52. Cant wait. :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I love all the doubting going on... This might just mean we have a shot on Sunday! :p
We always perform better as the dogs...

Don't know about y'all..... But i am ready to shock the world.

It is past time for the redbirds to have one of those hollywood script type seasons

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
13 points is a LOT for Baltimore to lay. NFW I believe they are 13 better than the Cards, who will come in with a chip on their shoulders after the big comeback last week, and all the negative press they've gotten constantly. I like the Cards to cover, POSSIBLY steal a win, but more likely, a closer loss than the spread is calling for.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
That's why you need to watch the games. There is a difference between Trent Dilfer in the Super Bowl and Joe Montana.

Jackson is absolutely a piss poor passer for his entire college and pro career so far. The most recent "data point" is a gigantic improvement though and has to be considered when game planning.

-He threw for 324 yards Sunday. In 7 games last year he had 1201 yards. 171yds per game average.
-Comp % last year in 170 attempts: 58.2%. Last Sunday: 85% on 20 attempts.
-He threw 6 TD's in those 170 attempts last year. He had 5 TD's last Sunday.

Your being foolish if you think Sunday is what Lamar has become now.

College:
57% comp percentage on 1086 attempts.
237 yds passing per game. 38 games.

C'mon man.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Starting quarterbacks are required to do weekly (if not daily) media availabilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson