Arizona Cardinals @ Baltimore Ravens Pregame Thread. 09/09/19-09/14/19

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jury is still out on Jackson's accuracy. Heard on Golic and Wingo, this morning, that on only four of his completions was the defender within a yard of the receiver. Very few tight windows for LJ.

Yeah Miami has ZERO talent. They had no one who could apply pressure on Jackson. He sat back there with time to throw and his WRs were wide open.

Jones and Suggs won't let that happen this week. The question becomes can the Cardinals stop the Ravens rushing attack? I expect the Ravens to run the ball a lot more this week.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Jury is still out on Jackson's accuracy. Heard on Golic and Wingo, this morning, that on only four of his completions was the defender within a yard of the receiver. Very few tight windows for LJ.

So that`s Jackson`s fault because his WRs were open?He got the ball to them so ?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So that`s Jackson`s fault because his WRs were open?He got the ball to them so ?
It's not about assigning fault to anyone, but simply means it is still questionable as to whether or not he will be able to replicate that kind of day against a better defensive team. I have no doubt in my mind that the Cards have a much better defense than the Phins and thus it should be a good test for him. If he carves us up like he did Miami than he might just be a truly legit passer.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They were all either wide open or very short. That's because the defense had 9 in the box to stop him running.

The impressive thing is he threw 170 passes last year and had 6 td passes, he threw 20 against Miami and had 5, I think 4 of his first 9 were TD's Sunday.

Will be interesting to see how we defend him obviously Miami sold out to stop him run and got beaten over the top.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They were all either wide open or very short. That's because the defense had 9 in the box to stop him running.

The impressive thing is he threw 170 passes last year and had 6 td passes, he threw 20 against Miami and had 5, I think 4 of his first 9 were TD's Sunday.

Will be interesting to see how we defend him obviously Miami sold out to stop him run and got beaten over the top.
We could use Budda as our Spy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could use Budda as our Spy.

I expect us to do what Detroit did, contain the edge and try to make Kyler throw over the middle from the pocket. Jackson is taller but he has a release that led to batted passes in college, not sure what his stats were last year in that regard but in college it was a criticism that for a guy who ran often and played in such a wide open offense he had too many batted down.

Also of note, Jackson has never attempted as many as 30 passes in an NFL game, Kyler threw 54 last week alone!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Jackson is still a work in progress and continues to develop.I don't expect him to torch the Cards like he did to Miami but I think he will do okay.Cards defense will need to step up and the offense has to show up for 4 quarters instead of just the 4th Quarter.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are going to see our slow inside linebackers chasing Lamar Jackson but trailing by 5+ yards.

The pass rush will stop him from raining touchdowns like he did against Miami, but it will allow him to torch us with his feet.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a game where we might see some of Deionte or Jalen.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah Miami has ZERO talent. They had no one who could apply pressure on Jackson. He sat back there with time to throw and his WRs were wide open.

Jones and Suggs won't let that happen this week. The question becomes can the Cardinals stop the Ravens rushing attack? I expect the Ravens to run the ball a lot more this week.

Yeah I watched that game. Miami looked like the worst team I have seen in many years.

No pressure. Receivers constantly had 5 yards of separation. Miami had the worst offensive line in the NFL WITH Laremy Tunsil. They are even worse now.

Rosen comes in, gets a big shot on his first throw and then throws an absolutely awful interception.

Everyone is saying suck for Tua, but they have so many issues that it wouldnt be smart to draft a QB next year. Take their lumps with Rosen and then draft a QB the year after.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson is still a work in progress and continues to develop.I don't expect him to torch the Cards like he did to Miami but I think he will do okay.Cards defense will need to step up and the offense has to show up for 4 quarters instead of just the 4th Quarter.

Oh I won't be surprised at all if we struggle to stop him. He's significantly better than say Tebow, he can throw the ball. he's not a great thrower but as he proved last week give him time and open Wr's and he'll beat you.

I think our edge rush should be important both in getting pressure, and hopefully in keeping him in the pocket so he has to step up or throw over the big guys in the middle.

Reaction score

If Kyler beats Lamar this weekend will you finally become a fan?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Mike Jurecki
@mikejurecki

Terrell Suggs has recorded at least a partial sack against 30 of 32 NFL franchises in his career. He could make that 31 this week when he faces his former team the Ravens for the first time.

The only team Suggs has played without recording a sack is the Eagles. via
@AZ_Helm
You must be registered for see images attach

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Lamar has looked like the best QB out of the 2018 class. I love it.

Not gonna like him for this Sunday though.
Same here.

Crazy that I was on the Lamar Jackson band wagon, day 1, for the 2018 draft.

Jackson was a beast in college and I am no where near surprised at what he did last week.

Yet, as it stands today, I am not sure if he is any better than Murray. I like that Jackson is taller, but Murray looks more durable (Murray is thicker than I thought).

Both can run, both can throw.

I did find it wierd that there was such support to draft Murray and was not the same last year with Jackson.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I wonder who moves to the inactive list.
Andy Isabella should be the guy.

I am starting to have major concerns about all 3 wide receivers Keim drafted this year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same here.

Crazy that I was on the Lamar Jackson band wagon, day 1, for the 2018 draft.

Jackson was a beast in college and I am no where near surprised at what he did last week.

Yet, as it stands today, I am not sure if he is any better than Murray. I like that Jackson is taller, but Murray looks more durable (Murray is thicker than I thought).

Both can run, both can throw.

I did find it wierd that there was such support to draft Murray and was not the same last year with Jackson.

Because Lamar wasn’t as developed as Kyler was coming out of college. It is funny how people were saying Lamar should be a WR, but not Josh Allen with being a TE.

Andy Isabella should be the guy.

I am starting to have major concerns about all 3 wide receivers Keim drafted this year.

I said after the draft that I doubt Hakeem will be on this team after his rookie contract, if he even finishes it with us. He just has inconsistent hands & a little bit too stiff.

Andy was going to take a year to develop become he was coming from a small school + his small frame.

KeeSean was going to contribute from day one because he has great hands & his route running is great. His ceiling can be an Adam Thielen if he continues to improve.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Three things:
1. My hope for Butler is based on his many great catches in college. That tells me that he has good hands. His many drops tells me that he, at times, lacks concentration. Losing this year hurts, as he won't have any coaching to help his route running. But, imo, the talent is there and now it's up to coaching.

2. On Sunday, I'm expecting a lot of DJ running the ball. Passing will be short, quick release passes. Baltimore is reported to be dialing up multiple blitzes. Something Detroit didn't do. Last week, we attempted 50+ passes. This week, I'm expecting 30+. Rushing attempts up, passing attempts down. JMO.

3. Penalties, or lack thereof, could decide the game. Especially those by the OL. (Fingers crossed).