So do you think Cards will lose in a blow out?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the game I had us pegged to play our best in all offseason, so I guess I'll stick with it. I bet Suggs plays out of his mind and gives us an edge. Unfortunately, I'm very worried about the run, and Lamar Jackson looks like he's improved.

I think we hang with them most of the game, but eventually relent to superior coaching and a defense that can't succeed on effort alone. 17-27 or so.

i honestly have no clue how you come to these ideas.

I think we get annihilated on Sunday, but come back to even our record at 1-1-1 against the panthers the next week.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I see it 34-10 Ravens. This team has almost never travels well to the East coast. The Raven defense is better than Detroit and their running game is real.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't like the way this one is setting up.

But, there's too many unknowns to try to take a reasonable guess at the score. E.g, is Jackson going to look like Tom Brady or Tom Tupa?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think we will win. The defense will travel well and improve on last week's performance. If the offense can get going early it will be competitive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The won where we gave up 27 points to a low-rated 2018 offense and forced no defensive turnovers?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's a blowout? I don't think it'll be 45-3. I think it could be 31-17, with 14 points scored in dead time in the 4th quarter.

This is still a playoff team vs. a 3-13 team. I think the 10 am kickoff is a problem that no West Coast team has managed to solve.

The Cards D has a slight advantage that maybe(?) they've been working against this kid of O and dual threat all offseason.
I was thinking 34-17. The east coast thing is always a cardinal killer too. Good call.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
National media talking about Lamar but very rarely mentioning Ravens going fake punt for 60 yards up 42 - 3 to inflate score. They aint some juggernaut offense but a bully that's got its money's worth from weakest kid in school.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards are notorious for struggling when traveling east and especially when it's early game. Hopefully this trend is reversed but I'm not putting any money on it. Vegas is giving us 14 points so they don't think our chances are very good.

We will get a better idea of the 4th quarter was due to a gassed D playing prevent or because we worked the bugs out of the offense. If Ravens pressure on D and we can move the ball it will be a good sign for us. If we can't it's a sign it could be a long season.

I don't think it will be a blowout but I do lean towards it being a game we are never really in a position to win.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last year the Cards lost to the red-hot KC Chiefs 26-14

I expected a Dolphin's like blowout last year because we sucked so bad and couldn't generate offense.

But we hung in their.

This team is better than that team last year. I expect this game to be closer then what they expect. Maybe a lost but they won't roll over like Miami.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's a saying, on any given...….Oh never mind:cool:. Baltimore is a very difficult venue for any NFL team, but especially for a west coast team with a rookie HC & QB. Ravens will come out guns a blazing on both sides of the ball. If we survive the initial onslaught, we can keep it within 14-17 points. But, if they mug us & we crumble, it could get ugly. That place will be rocking! Good test for Murray, but not a defining test. Baltimore is every bit as intimidating a road venue as Seattle, maybe more so because it's a morning game for us. My fear is that with a big lead, Ingram runs the ball down our throats. I'll say this. I'll be impressed if Murray keeps his composure against a team like Baltimore. Very few scheme better than Harbaugh's staff. If K1 shows composure in this game, then regardless of the final score, we should all be happy.

Diverdan

Reaction score
If we score first, or get an early turnover, we have an excellent chance of winning. Momentum should carry over from the overtime game and Baltimore might be a little over confident from last week.
My prediction: Cards 33, Ravens 24

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we score first, or get an early turnover, we have an excellent chance of winning. Momentum should carry over from the overtime game and Baltimore might be a little over confident from last week.
My prediction: Cards 33, Ravens 24

The Cardinals scoring 33 points in any road game is way too remote to contemplate. But, very remote in an east coast roadie. I'm a huge Murray guy, but he still has to prove he can handle a blitzing NFL team. That doesn't happen overnight & no one does that better than Baltimore. Very difficult task for Murray AND our entire O-Line. Rest assured, Baltimore will literally throw the kitchen sink at K1.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know we're true Cards fans when we're debating on how bad or close we'll get beat lol

I'm not sure if anyone on this board has witnessed more east coast ass whoopings than I have over the years. It happens fast & furious, and you can't swallow the beer fast enough to numb the pain. The only thought that hits you is: "Why am I here":hammer:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odds are stacked against us but here we go.

Pros.
1. Nerves should be better for k1 and k2
2. THIS team has never traveled to the east coast. Past performances do not guarantee future performances.
3. Ravens will be very tired from patty themselves in the back and reading the newspaper.
4. Nobody still really knows us.

Cons.
1. We don’t really know us.
2. Road game.
3. Ravens can really bring pressure.
4. Harbaugh.

I believe we are outmanned a bit in this game and yes the east coast stuff will probably hold true. This is a game we are not expected to win even if we were who we wished we were. I’ll be ecstatic if we have the ball in the 4 th quarter with a chance to win. I think we lose by 13 but only because the Ravens score late in the game to put it away.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose