OT: Antonio Brown

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Drew was interviewed this morning/late last night and confirmed there were multiple teams after AB, at least 1 other team wanting him as bad as New England, but Pats ponied up most money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well, Rosenhaus is definitely a straight shooter. If he said it, I believe it.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess my question is what is wrong with a player doing what is in the best interest of themselves? In the the real world you aren't forced to work in a job with a slotted salary for a fixed amount of time.

If you missed it.. The NFL is not the "real world" when it comes to employment... The salary cap and draft are in place, to create an even playing field... If every player has carte blanche to run to the winning side, you would have the Patriots, and the top 3-4 richest owners winning every other SB... Good times!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more Antonio Brown news.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Drew was interviewed this morning/late last night and confirmed there were multiple teams after AB, at least 1 other team wanting him as bad as New England, but Pats ponied up most money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, they had it because of the way they handle the salary cap. We did not have it even if we had wanted him so we have nothing to bitch about.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You just can’t make this crap up! It gets juicier by the day lol

HBO needs to sign him to a weekly series & follow him around & name it: Hards Knocks, the 87 psychotic personalities of Antonio Clown lol :lol::mrgreen::lol::mrgreen:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting that its a civil suit preceding a criminal suit. Looks like there is no police report made public as this point. Burden of proof is a lot less demanding in civil suit.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not that this isn't below AB, but you almost knew something of this nature would come out of the woodwork. When all else fails, a man is never innocent before proven guilty when it comes to sexual misconduct. I don't like the guy, never did. But how does a woman NOT report something of this nature. If true, he should go to jail. If it's BS, she should also face the possibility of jail time. One way or the other, someone is at fault here.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that this isn't below AB, but you almost knew something of this nature would come out of the woodwork. When all else fails, a man is never innocent before proven guilty when it comes to sexual misconduct. I don't like the guy, never did. But how does a woman NOT report something of this nature. If true, he should go to jail. If it's BS, she should also face the possibility of jail time. One way or the other, someone is at fault here.
If u can't keep your mouth shut then u have to face more enemies
In some way or another they will make you pay it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I say this every time so why not now, yes women do occasionally make things up, the famous case now a movie of that LB kid who got accused of rape comes to mind. But overwhelmingly women don't lie about things like this because they know the crap they're going to face when they come forward, which is why they often don't come forward.

So far they've released screen shots of texts of him bragging about it, and emails where he appears to admit it. She accused him of first forcibly kissing her, then in another incident he "pleased himself" behind her on the couch, and the last incident he pushed her down on a bed and raped her. In the texts and emails he brags about the couch incident and says he slept with her in bed(again doesn't admit to rape).

He says it's blackmail.

She was his trainer and they apparently knew each other in college so it's not some random woman he just met who decided to get money out of him it's someone he's known for at least 10 years.

I think the interesting thing now is what do the Patriots do, they know about the allegations obviously, it's uncertain if Brown told them before they signed him. If they knew and signed him they're going to get a ton of backlash, if they didn't know one would assume they're going to go after his signing bonus.

There's no criminal complaint yet so I'm not sure what the NFL will do.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say this every time so why not now, yes women do occasionally make things up, the famous case now a movie of that LB kid who got accused of rape comes to mind. But overwhelmingly women don't lie about things like this because they know the crap they're going to face when they come forward, which is why they often don't come forward.

So far they've released screen shots of texts of him bragging about it, and emails where he appears to admit it. She accused him of first forcibly kissing her, then in another incident he "pleased himself" behind her on the couch, and the last incident he pushed her down on a bed and raped her. In the texts and emails he brags about the couch incident and says he slept with her in bed(again doesn't admit to rape).

He says it's blackmail.

She was his trainer and they apparently knew each other in college so it's not some random woman he just met who decided to get money out of him it's someone he's known for at least 10 years.

I think the interesting thing now is what do the Patriots do, they know about the allegations obviously, it's uncertain if Brown told them before they signed him. If they knew and signed him they're going to get a ton of backlash, if they didn't know one would assume they're going to go after his signing bonus.

Actually Russ women lie ALL THE TIME about rape. In fact our sexual assault detectives say that 40 to 50% of reported cases turn out to be fake claims. I think you’re grossly misinformed in relation to that... It doesn’t lessen the horror for true victims but the number that claim rape when it wasn’t is kind of sickening.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He says it's blackmail.

Please understand that I'm not saying that AB is innocent, because he is, certifiably, an cornholio. But even an cornholio should be considered innocent until proven guilty in America. With the proper evidence, he should be convicted & punished to the fullest extent of the law. But, the same should be applied to someone who makes such accusations, and it's proven later that they have lied. People's lives have been ruined both by being a victim of such vile crimes, and/or by being wrongly accused of perpetrating the vile criminal act. Proof should be established in a court of law, not in a court of public approval.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually Russ women lie ALL THE TIME about rape. In fact our sexual assault detectives say that 40 to 50% of reported cases turn out to be fake claims. I think you’re grossly misinformed in relation to that... It doesn’t lessen the horror for true victims but the number that claim rape when it wasn’t is kind of sickening.

I think I posted this the last time we had a sexual assault case in the NFL, or it might have been in the Kavanagh stuff since it came from Stanford.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/cgi-bin/?page_id=297

"Only about 2% of all rape and related sex charges are determined to be false, the same percentage as for other felonies (FBI). So while they do happen, and they are very problematic when they do, people claim that allegations are false far more frequently than they are and far more frequently than for other crimes. Put another way, we are much more likely to disbelieve a woman if she says she was raped than if she says she was robbed, but for no good reason.

On a related note, only about 40% of rapes are ever reported to the police, and this is partly because victims know that if their claim becomes public, their every behavior will be scrutinized, they will be shamed for their sexual history, and they will be labeled as lunatic, psychotic, paranoid, and manipulative. Just because someone does not report their crime does not mean it did not happen. Furthermore, only one in two claims lead to prosecution, so if the DA decides not to prosecute, that says nothing about whether or not it happened. (http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates)"

I did quick googling this morning the highest estimated % of false claims I found was 8, nowhere near 40 to 50%. the lowest number I found of rapes actually reported was 35%.

So the statistics say a woman something in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 times more likely to NOT report a rape or assault, than to falsely report one. Significantly more than half of all sexual assaults go unreported. It's why everytime someone uses that defense, if this happened why did she wait so long, I get furious.

The odds are overwhelming that everyone on this board knows at least 1(probably more) woman that has been sexually assaulted and didn't report it, I know I do I probably know a half dozen women who have admitted to that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please understand that I'm not saying that AB is innocent, because he is, certifiably, an *******. But even an ******* should be considered innocent until proven guilty in America. With the proper evidence, he should be convicted & punished to the fullest extent of the law. But, the same should be applied to someone who makes such accusations, and it's proven later that they have lied. People's lives have been ruined both by being a victim of such vile crimes, and/or by being wrongly accused of perpetrating the vile criminal act. Proof should be established in a court of law, not in a court of public approval.

I agree women who make it up need to face criminal charges. All I'm saying is most of the data we have out there says more woman don't report it, than report it falsely. So I almost always default to believing the accuser.

The last time I can remember I didn't instantly believe the accuser was the Marshawn Lynch case and it was because I knew several people who "knew" Lynch and said the woman was a gold digger. I still don't know what the truth in that story was, he's been in trouble off the field(DUI etc) since then but he's also someone that does all sorts of stuff for the communities so I'm still somewhat inclined to believe him although I admit a bias I was a huge fan of his since college. But generally speaking I tend to assume cases like this the woman is telling the truth based almost entirely on statistics.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree women who make it up need to face criminal charges. All I'm saying is most of the data we have out there says more woman don't report it, than report it falsely. So I almost always default to believing the accuser.

The last time I can remember I didn't instantly believe the accuser was the Marshawn Lynch case and it was because I knew several people who "knew" Lynch and said the woman was a gold digger. I still don't know what the truth in that story was, he's been in trouble off the field(DUI etc) since then but he's also someone that does all sorts of stuff for the communities so I'm still somewhat inclined to believe him although I admit a bias I was a huge fan of his since college. But generally speaking I tend to assume cases like this the woman is telling the truth based almost entirely on statistics.

Therein lies the problem. Without court evidence, why should you believe the accuser? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but no one should care what you believe. It's not perfect, and mistakes have been made, but we have the best judicial process in the world. Let it play out in the legal courts, not in the courts of public approval. That's all I'll say on this subject. GO CARDINALS!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem. Without court evidence, why should you believe the accuser? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but no one should care what you believe. It's not perfect, and mistakes have been made, but we have the best judicial process in the world. Let it play out in the legal courts, not in the courts of public approval. That's all I'll say on this subject. GO CARDINALS!!

Like I said I am going almost strictly on statistics. If I have a personal insight or thought on it, like Lynch, I went the other way.

I would also point out if your point is innocent until proven guilty, he hasn't even been charged with anything she has not pressed criminal charges she just filed a civil suit, she's apparently asking for a bit over 75k so it's not like she's demanding millions. And again it's not in the "legal courts" it's a civil case not a criminal case.

And per ESPN, the Patriots were caught completely off guard, Brown had not disclosed any of this to them despite knowing about the case when he signed with them. They apparently have not decided if Brown will play Sunday or not both for this case and for health reasons. There's speculation Brown will be added to some commissioners exempt list so the Pats don't have to list him on their active roster during the investigation.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I posted this the last time we had a sexual assault case in the NFL, or it might have been in the Kavanagh stuff since it came from Stanford.

"Only about 2% of all rape and related sex charges are determined to be false, the same percentage as for other felonies (FBI). So while they do happen, and they are very problematic when they do, people claim that allegations are false far more frequently than they are and far more frequently than for other crimes. Put another way, we are much more likely to disbelieve a woman if she says she was raped than if she says she was robbed, but for no good reason.

On a related note, only about 40% of rapes are ever reported to the police, and this is partly because victims know that if their claim becomes public, their every behavior will be scrutinized, they will be shamed for their sexual history, and they will be labeled as lunatic, psychotic, paranoid, and manipulative. Just because someone does not report their crime does not mean it did not happen. Furthermore, only one in two claims lead to prosecution, so if the DA decides not to prosecute, that says nothing about whether or not it happened. (http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates)"

I did quick googling this morning the highest estimated % of false claims I found was 8, nowhere near 40 to 50%. the lowest number I found of rapes actually reported was 35%.

So the statistics say a woman something in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 times more likely to NOT report a rape or assault, than to falsely report one. Significantly more than half of all sexual assaults go unreported. It's why everytime someone uses that defense, if this happened why did she wait so long, I get furious.

The odds are overwhelming that everyone on this board knows at least 1(probably more) woman that has been sexually assaulted and didn't report it, I know I do I probably know a half dozen women who have admitted to that.

Its possible the atmosphere here in Vegas makes the rate skyrocket. Its def a different ballgame and people are in a much different mind set here in Vegas. You have a ton of married women and women with BF's who after the fact have a sort of "buyers remorse" and claim rape. Sure many are legit. But many are women who make the claims and regret their decision afterward and use the claim as an "excuse" to their loved ones. Even ones who get caught by their friends during the act and in shame will claim rape because they are embarrassed they got caught by close friends being so "free".

The detectives pull video and phone records rape kits are done etc. And a very large % as already stated turn up zero evidence such as DNA, vaginal Trauma consistent with rape. Many many women forget that there are cameras EVERYWHERE here in vegas and often times its caught on camera what occurred. I could cite so so many examples of false claims at clubs and day pools etc... But too explicit for a family message board.

2% that seems like a total shoddy study to me. But nationwide I'll concede maybe/possibly. The FBI only reports what is given by local PD agencies In rape cases they don't typically handle a rape investigation.

I also believe the % goes up when related to claims of rape in relation to the very rich. We all know they happen and its a heinous crime. But its equally as heinous to try and absolutely destroy a persons life because you regret your decision or are embarrassed.

Either way its a shiddy and messed up situation both for real victims and for the falsely accused. Its sad.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its possible the atmosphere here in Vegas makes the rate skyrocket. Its def a different ballgame and people are in a much different mind set here in Vegas. You have a ton of married women and women with BF's who after the fact have a sort of "buyers remorse" and claim rape. Sure many are legit. But many are women who make the claims and regret their decision afterward and use the claim as an "excuse" to their loved ones. Even ones who get caught by their friends during the act and in shame will claim rape because they are embarrassed they got caught by close friends being so "free".

The detectives pull video and phone records rape kits are done etc. And a very large % as already stated turn up zero evidence such as DNA, vaginal Trauma consistent with rape. Many many women forget that there are cameras EVERYWHERE here in vegas and often times its caught on camera what occurred. I could cite so so many examples of false claims at clubs and day pools etc... But too explicit for a family message board.

2% that seems like a total shoddy study to me. But nationwide I'll concede maybe/possibly. The FBI only reports what is given by local PD agencies In rape cases they don't typically handle a rape investigation.

I also believe the % goes up when related to claims of rape in relation to the very rich. We all know they happen and its a heinous crime. But its equally as heinous to try and absolutely destroy a persons life because you regret your decision or are embarrassed.

Either way its a shiddy and messed up situation both for real victims and for the falsely accused. Its sad.

I can only go of the statistics that I find but again it's very difficult to find anything even close % wise to what you're talking about. Maybe Las Vegas is totally different I don't know.

With respect to rich(and powerful) I think it goes both ways, I'm sure they are set up for money more often, I'm also of the opinion they tend to get a feeling of being better than everyone else and tend to think they can do whatever they want. So they may be falsely accused more often, but my anecdotal suspicion is they may also do this stuff more often because they think they can get away with it.

In the case of Brown just the fact that he apparently didn't disclose this to the Patriots or the NFL, which violates the terms of his contract and apparently his signing bonus would almost immediately make me wonder. He clearly thought they wouldn't sign him if he disclosed it and may think now that he has a signed contract at worst he'll get to keep part of his signing bonus.

I almost always default to believing the woman when I have no personal knowledge based almost entirely on statistics, it's just that simple, most women don't want to go through the scrutiny they get in these cases.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

@Shane
Yeah coming out on Russ’ side here. Your anecdotal conversations just don’t stand up to studies and statistics man. Your office may have a higher indicia of falsehoods, but I’m almost guessing that’s false emphasis that’s kind of typical of in-house conversations, particularly amongst testosterone-laden workplaces. And I’m sure that the false accusations get more play conversationally because of the level of frustration that must create for police officers trying to do their job.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
3m

My understanding is that neither the league, nor the #Patriots, knew about the potential lawsuit for WR Antonio Brown before he signed in New England. Asked about that today, Bill Belichick said: “I’m not going to be expanding on the statements that have already been given.”