Kevin Byard - Yes
Derwin James - Yes
Micah Hyde - Probably
Devin Mccourty - Yes
Earl Thomas - Yes
Malik Hooker - Maybe
Lamarcus Joyner - lol
Sean Davis - lol
Rodney McCloud - Depends how he bounces back from the ACL tear.
Either Bears S - Eddie Jackson? Yes. Clinton-Dix? lol
Tre Boston - Nah

Easy.

I can't see a difference between Budda Baker and Daniel Sorenson or Anthony Harris or Marcus Maye

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If you can’t see the difference between Budda & those guys then you might just need lasik surgery.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you can’t see the difference between Budda & those guys then you might just need lasik surgery.
Lemarcus Joyner received the franchise tag from the Rams and then signed a huge deal with the Raiders...that is happening with Budda at his current level of play.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Budda is overrated if you think he was Derwin James or Malik Hooker coming out.
Good thing we have Haasan Reddick and Budda Baker instead of Malik Hooker.......ugh.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lemarcus Joyner received the franchise tag from the Rams and then signed a huge deal with the Raiders...that is happening with Budda at his current level of play.
There is a reason he got the tag in the first place & the Rams didn’t sign him to an extension. He was legit horrible in 2018.

Sam Bradford & Trumaine Johnson(same situation as Joyner) also got huge deals despite coming off mediocre performances. What are we doing here? It’s not like the Raiders’ FO have been better than ours.

All those other names are fair, but Joyner Clinton-Dix, & Sean Davis being better is absolutely laughable to the moon.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good thing we have Haasan Reddick and Budda Baker instead of Malik Hooker.......ugh.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy
The guy with 21 out of 33 games played with no accomplishments to speak of & probably is hanging on to potential way more than Budda?

I should have replaced Hooker with Jamal Adams & I like Hooker a lot. I think he’s decent, but he hasn’t been better than Budda so far.

If you want to bang the table on what safety we should have taken instead of Budda in that draft, it should be Eddie Jackson. Not Malik Hooker.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he’s not. No one on earth has said Budda is like even half of the greatest ball-hawk ever.

Budda has been playing like his profile was coming out of college. Great tackler that plays with good click & close ability who flourishes near the line of scrimmage, but lacks ball skills. He has played exactly like that.

If any safety deserves blame for yesterday’s performance, it’s the guy that was struggling covering a rookie TE.

Couldn't agree more!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Positives

-Offense showing life
-OL for holding up. Justin Murray did OK for a guy who didn't know this offense
-Special teams were special. Shout out to Zane and Jeff Rodgers
-Pretty good execution of two goal-line plays to tie the game
-Murray towards the end, especially touch down to DJ
-Fitz, DJ
-Murphy
-Vance Joseph for showing up better than Wilks did in the first game of the season
-Bryd - thought he showed some speed and routing running
-Hicks run game defense

Negatives

-Poor play calling/execution through 3/4 of the game
-Brock for dropping a potential game-winner
-Murray's footwork
-Murray not accurate enough for pretty much all of the game. Jitters?
-Isabella. Remember all the hype 98.7 was peddling after the first week of practice?
-LBs are bad in covering pass

Other notables

-Need that occasional pass rush from someone other than Jones and Suggs
-May be the 24-6 deficit caused it but you cannot let a rookie QB throw for 54 times again!
-Need to get Chase Edmonds touches. one touch in this game?
-KeeSean Johnson is the best of this rookie WR group by not much
-Damiere Byrd needs to be the one to get a couple of deep routes in the next game
-Crabtree will help given the state of this WR group

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The last thing my 9-year-old daughter said to me before bed was "Go Cardinals!" This is unusual — and it might be the most important result of yesterday's game.

Congratulation on this, Kerouac! I can imagine how that must have been a little special feeling. At least it made me smile.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There is a reason he got the tag in the first place & the Rams didn’t sign him to an extension. He was legit horrible in 2018.

Sam Bradford & Trumaine Johnson(same situation as Joyner) also got huge deals despite coming off mediocre performances. What are we doing here? It’s not like the Raiders’ FO have been better than ours.

All those other names are fair, but Joyner Clinton-Dix, & Sean Davis being better is absolutely laughable to the moon.

LaMarcus Joyner is not better than Budda Baker, I can agree on that.

Lacks in height and speed.

Baker is a good, solid player, but he is NOT a playmaker. Hes really just a chase down tackler.

I think the issue is that is reputation is going to warrant a bigger contract than he deserves.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LaMarcus Joyner is not better than Budda Baker, I can agree on that.

Lacks in height and speed.

Baker is a good, solid player, but he is NOT a playmaker. Hes really just a chase down tackler.

I think the issue is that is reputation is going to warrant a bigger contract than he deserves.
I agree. I think he’s a good player. Not a playmaker, but not the average player that he is perceived as around here.

For Sunday’s game, I think the big problem was the other starting safety. If he keeps that level of play up, the I would hope Deionte’s snaps would increase by the week.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I agree. I think he’s a good player. Not a playmaker, but not the average player that he is perceived as around here.

For Sunday’s game, I think the big problem was the other starting safety. If he keeps that level of play up, the I would hope Deionte’s snaps would increase by the week.

Are you saying that Baker is a better player than Swearinger? :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Swearinger did NOT have a good game.

I agree, we might see Thompson soon if Swearinger doesnt perform like he usually does.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The last thing my 9-year-old daughter said to me before bed was "Go Cardinals!" This is unusual — and it might be the most important result of yesterday's game.

The first three quarters of the Cardinals 2019 season seemed like the logical continuation of the 2018 season. I was drinking heavily while watching a DVR'd game and the kids went swimming because nothing good was happening. But then we were all gathered around the game in the fourth quarter and I waived our ironclad "no screens after dinner" rule to watch the game to the end.

The Arizona Cardinals should've won the game yesterday. The had more than a few chances to do so. But they won over the young fans in my house, and that's a good start.

You must be registered for see images

Zane Gonzalez – Absolutely nails, especially as the pressure mounted during the game and the kicks became more and more meaningful and important. He's going to miss some of these kicks during the season, but hopefully they'll be in lower-leverage situations as the season goes on.

Andy Lee – Eight punts averaging over 45 yards each, plus helped force a couple of turnovers AND pinned Detroit at the 5 in overtime. Andy Lee might be one of the 5 best players on the Cardinals right now.

Vance Joseph – A good plan to start off the game and excellent halftime adjustments to put the clamps on the Lions offense in the second half. Outside of the cornerbacks, this is a veteran group of players bordering on aging. They're going to need to do better than this in the coming weeks, but they came ready to play.

You must be registered for see images attach

Budda Baker – Budda Baker's reputation is way out of line with his actual production. Baker had 8 tackles on Sunday, but failed to make plays on the ball and was the guy running into the screen late whenever Detroit completed a deep pass.

KeeSean Johnson – Oof. Welcome to the NFL, young man. Five catches on 10 targets for an awful 46 yards. He was trusted with holding down the outside (Along with Demiere Byrd). Both will see their snaps significantly decrease next week when Michael Crabtree comes in.

Christian Kirk – Kirk would be the third-best receiver on a good team. He had 12 targets yesterday and managed 4 receptions for 32 yards. He seems to have a rapport with Murray, but he has to start bringing in some of these balls.

Has the future of football arrived?
Not yet! Kyler Murray looked like a pretty standard-issue rookie QB for three quarters and then managed to string together some plays at the end of the game. His accuracy — even when he was completing passes — was troubling and needs to improve. His decision-making in the running game wasn't great. Also, he had three passes batted down, which is bad!

That said, the Cards ran 89 offensive plays yesterday(!!). We might have had 25% of those with 4 wide receivers on the field. San Francisco had 69. Only 18 of those plays were in overtime (I'm counting punts as offensive plays; I don't know if the NFL does or not). This was with at completely stinktastic offense for three quarters.

Kyler and Kliff are going to need better weapons. If Keim is around next offseason, he will need to make some strategic decisions about whether to invest in free agent offensive linemen and/or wideouts.
Great analysis. I would add Fitz to heroes, without him we do not rally to tie. His two long receptions saved Murray and his TD catch tied the game.

KeeSean Johnson and the other WR's can't really be judged by target / reception ratio as Murray completed 53% of his passes and most of them were his fault with batted passes and inaccuracy. Do we know the dropped pass numbers?

Never understood the Budda Baker hype. He has never been a ball hawk even going back to his college days yet people suggest he should play slot CB. He is an undersized box S, known for his tackling but has never been known for his coverage skills. I don't expect that to change with this being his third year in NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Great analysis. I would add Fitz to heroes, without him we do not rally to tie. His two long receptions saved Murray and his TD catch tied the game.

KeeSean Johnson and the other WR's can't really be judged by target / reception ratio as Murray completed 53% of his passes and most of them were his fault with batted passes and inaccuracy. Do we know the dropped pass numbers?

Never understood the Budda Baker hype. He has never been a ball hawk even going back to his college days yet people suggest he should play slot CB. He is an undersized box S, known for his tackling but has never been known for his coverage skills. I don't expect that to change with this being his third year in NFL.

His best use is being a match up defensive back, moving him around to help stop the run and be an enforcer.

I wonder if he would actually would be a better fit as a strong safety long term.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave