Quick Reactions - Week 1

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m keeping Chris Jones over Alford on the field if he continues to play well. Watching the youth grow is amazing.
Agreed. I don't think Alford will make much of an impact when he comes back. This is the bad Keim signing that leads to more dead money IMO.

Reaction score
- David Johnson is done. He is Marcel Shipp with better hands.

82 yards with 18 carries; 4.56 ypc avg. Plus 6 receptions for another 55 yards and a TD

Not sure what your expectations are, but this game he was the pretty much the same as the "2016 version, David Johnson!" If extrapolated over a 16 game schedule, his numbers would be 1312 rushing yards, 880 receiving yards.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. I don't think Alford will make much of an impact when he comes back. This is the bad Keim signing that leads to more dead money IMO.
At the time you had to put a name opposite of Peterson.. id rather a GM at least try then to just hope on a young guy who may or may not develop into that second spot, ala Brandon Williams.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
K2's decision to kick the third field goal that made the score 24-9.

i thought it was the right call

11 mins left and they needed three scores regardless. Take the high likelihood FG and keep your chances alive

ive just seen too many games where coaches pass on sure thing points early and it ends up costing them

had it been, lets say, a 13 point game with 6 mins left -- different story there

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

11 mins left and they needed three scores regardless. Take the high likelihood FG and keep your chances alive

ive just seen too many games where coaches pass on sure thing points early and it ends up costing them

had it been, lets say, a 13 point game with 6 mins left -- different story there

I didnt understand how anyone was questioning it and the scenario they were playing for (FG + 2 TDs + 2pt conversion) played out perfectly. If the go for it and dont get it, its 90% chance of a loss.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
@TJ, I pretty much agree with everything you said. I don't know what I can glean from this week as far as it pertains to our future, but I had a lot of fun in that 4th quarter. I ended up in the family and friends section, which added spice to things. Amazing how many people that are there rooting for someone they know that don't want to put in the effort to cheer for the team.

One of Suggs' guys ended up filming me screaming on IG.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm okay with Suggs only excelling at rushing passer, 2 sack game is awesome production. Plus he did make some key stops in the run game.

Murphy not only is covering well but he brings the wood when he tackles.

David Johnson doesn't look as explosive as he did in 2016 but he will be a big contributor and help us win games.

Murray's lack of snaps in college means he will need this year to work out his issues and be ready to rock the NFL.

Reddick did make some plays but he is not living up to 13th overall pick.

Isabella may have been over drafted but if he develops then who freaking cares because he has special speed.

Is it just me or did this Offense really start rolling when K1 starting targeting Fitz. Larry legend is the gift that keeps on giving.

I heard on Sirius NFL Moving the Chains that the Ravens have come up with a unique and new blocking scheme for their running game which helped them run for 200 + yds on the ground. Hopefully VJ can come up with a solution so we don't get run out of the building.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree and we need to give K2 credit for playing smart and not making knee jerk decisions to the crap fest of the first 3 Qtrs.

Reaction score
David Johnson doesn't look as explosive as he did in 2016 but he will be a big contributor and help us win games.
DJ looked almost exactly like the 2016 version of himself. I don't understand what people are expecting of him? 4.56 ypc yesterday; higher than his 2016 avg. ypc And he said himself he was upset at himself for not scoring in the corner of the endzone and he should have dove for goal line.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
DJ looked almost exactly like the 2016 version of himself. I don't understand what people are expecting of him? 4.56 ypc yesterday; higher than his 2016 avg. ypc And he said himself he was upset at himself for not scoring in the corner of the endzone and he should have dove for goal line.
I agree with Cardiac a bit - the first two years of DJ were incredible, because every time he touched the ball, those first few steps with the ball in his hand were really explosive. You felt like he was a shoestring tackle or single move from taking it to the house on almost every play.

Now he still looks good, but I don't think he's lined up in the best way to exploit his talents. That shotgun approach doesn't seem to give him the right momentum.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But I feel that in 2016 he would have scored on the run to the corner of the endzone. As I stated I'm glad we have him and he will help us win games but he just doesn't seem as explosive to me. He use to juke more defenders and break more tackles and run faster and quicker. He is still very good but not quite at that 2016 level.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
At the time you had to put a name opposite of Peterson.. id rather a GM at least try then to just hope on a young guy who may or may not develop into that second spot, ala Brandon Williams.

He was signed weeks before the start of free agency. No rush to start filling holes in March.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We gave a bad 30 year old CB a 3yr, 22.5 mil contract. If we cut him, it's 3 mil in dead money. This is the dude you give a 1 year deal to.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The only reason we should be concerned about Isabella is that we used a second round pick on a guy we already have on this team named Damiere Byrd. Byrd is just as fast as Isabella coming out of college and he can run routes and catch with his hands... unless the spread offense at this level needs two guys with this speed to achieve it's objectives but Byrd can take the top off a defense too

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bull. He is not nearly as explosive.

I don't care what the YPC is, that is more due to the line and scheme than him.

You just don't remember the player he used to be if you don't see he is a different (slower) runner now.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait. I thought we had one of the worst lines in the league? And everyone has complained about the play calling for the first three quarters of the game?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We gave a bad 30 year old CB a 3yr, 22.5 mil contract. If we cut him, it's 3 mil in dead money. This is the dude you give a 1 year deal to.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Without knowing the specifics.. I would think that with keims preference for those deals in the first place, it might not have been an option. If you wanted the guy and believed he could have got multiple years elsewhere sometimes you just have to pull the trigger.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nah, i remember him as a very physical runner with a mean stiff-arm.

Now hes playing more with finesse and avoiding hits as much as possible.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with Suggs only excelling at rushing passer, 2 sack game is awesome production. Plus he did make some key stops in the run game.

Murphy not only is covering well but he brings the wood when he tackles.

Murray's lack of snaps in college means he will need this year to work out his issues and be ready to rock the NFL.

Reddick did make some plays but he is not living up to 13th overall pick.

Isabella may have been over drafted but if he develops then who freaking cares because he has special speed.

Is it just me or did this Offense really start rolling when K1 starting targeting Fitz. Larry legend is the gift that keeps on giving.

I heard on Sirius NFL Moving the Chains that the Ravens have come up with a unique and new blocking scheme for their running game which helped them run for 200 + yds on the ground. Hopefully VJ can come up with a solution so we don't get run out of the building.
Yes. It’s called the dolphin technique.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose