DET @ ARI - Heroes and Goats

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This... He’s talked about By a few on this board like he’s Ed Reed back there.
No he’s not. No one on earth has said Budda is like even half of the greatest ball-hawk ever.

Budda has been playing like his profile was coming out of college. Great tackler that plays with good click & close ability who flourishes near the line of scrimmage, but lacks ball skills. He has played exactly like that.

If any safety deserves blame for yesterday’s performance, it’s the guy that was struggling covering a rookie TE.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No he’s not. No one on earth has said Budda is like even half of the greatest ball-hawk ever.

Budda has been playing like his profile was coming out of college. Great tackler that plays with good click & close ability who flourishes near the line of scrimmage, but lacks ball skills. He has played exactly like that.

If any safety deserves blame for yesterday’s performance, it’s the guy that was struggling covering a rookie TE.

If you're looking for the weak link in the defense yesterday, it was probably #59, the Walker kid. A step slow most of the day. Got to get better depth for the LB core.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you're looking for the weak link in the defense yesterday, it was probably #59, the Walker kid. A step slow most of the day. Got to get better depth for the LB core.
Walker isn’t a long time starter. He’s only in there until Reddick gets back.

Swearinger on the other hand......yea.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Budda is overrated if you think he was Derwin James or Malik Hooker coming out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Walker isn’t a long time starter. He’s only in there until Reddick gets back.

Swearinger on the other hand......yea.

Actually on Walker - don't be so sure.

Here is where we stand - walker is a smarter more natural MLB. Reddick is the much better athlete. Reddick could have played the whole game yesterday.

Personally I would play the guy that knows what he is supposed to do and tries to do it everytime, over somebody who is the better athlete, but sometimes is lost.

I think they are going to split time most of the year.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To everyone who believed in Budda Baker, I have a question to ask you (you don't have to answer):

Did you think Budda Baker is Earl Thomas based on what Gambo said since draft about him? or Do you see his play on TV/real-life and came to that conclusion?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think people tout Baker as being one of the top 15 FS in football, and he isn't. That needs to change by the end of the season for him to be talked about in a different light than Haason Reddick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think people tout Baker as being one of the top 15 FS in football, and he isn't. That needs to change by the end of the season for him to be talked about in a different light than Haason Reddick.
Well please name 15 better then.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Calvisi and Wolfley regularly talk like he’s poised for a Pro bowl season.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The last thing my 9-year-old daughter said to me before bed was "Go Cardinals!" This is unusual — and it might be the most important result of yesterday's game.

The first three quarters of the Cardinals 2019 season seemed like the logical continuation of the 2018 season. I was drinking heavily while watching a DVR'd game and the kids went swimming because nothing good was happening. But then we were all gathered around the game in the fourth quarter and I waived our ironclad "no screens after dinner" rule to watch the game to the end.

The Arizona Cardinals should've won the game yesterday. The had more than a few chances to do so. But they won over the young fans in my house, and that's a good start.

You must be registered for see images

Zane Gonzalez – Absolutely nails, especially as the pressure mounted during the game and the kicks became more and more meaningful and important. He's going to miss some of these kicks during the season, but hopefully they'll be in lower-leverage situations as the season goes on.

Andy Lee – Eight punts averaging over 45 yards each, plus helped force a couple of turnovers AND pinned Detroit at the 5 in overtime. Andy Lee might be one of the 5 best players on the Cardinals right now.

Vance Joseph – A good plan to start off the game and excellent halftime adjustments to put the clamps on the Lions offense in the second half. Outside of the cornerbacks, this is a veteran group of players bordering on aging. They're going to need to do better than this in the coming weeks, but they came ready to play.

You must be registered for see images attach

Budda Baker – Budda Baker's reputation is way out of line with his actual production. Baker had 8 tackles on Sunday, but failed to make plays on the ball and was the guy running into the screen late whenever Detroit completed a deep pass.

KeeSean Johnson – Oof. Welcome to the NFL, young man. Five catches on 10 targets for an awful 46 yards. He was trusted with holding down the outside (Along with Demiere Byrd). Both will see their snaps significantly decrease next week when Michael Crabtree comes in.

Christian Kirk – Kirk would be the third-best receiver on a good team. He had 12 targets yesterday and managed 4 receptions for 32 yards. He seems to have a rapport with Murray, but he has to start bringing in some of these balls.

Has the future of football arrived?
Not yet! Kyler Murray looked like a pretty standard-issue rookie QB for three quarters and then managed to string together some plays at the end of the game. His accuracy — even when he was completing passes — was troubling and needs to improve. His decision-making in the running game wasn't great. Also, he had three passes batted down, which is bad!

That said, the Cards ran 89 offensive plays yesterday(!!). We might have had 25% of those with 4 wide receivers on the field. San Francisco had 69. Only 18 of those plays were in overtime (I'm counting punts as offensive plays; I don't know if the NFL does or not). This was with at completely stinktastic offense for three quarters.

Kyler and Kliff are going to need better weapons. If Keim is around next offseason, he will need to make some strategic decisions about whether to invest in free agent offensive linemen and/or wideouts.
He had 4 passes batted down. 4th one was the one in overtime on 3rd down our last drive near midfield. I was so excited, thought we were gonna make the 1st down because the WR was open, then the pass got batted down.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How is Budda on here before Swearinger?

Matter of fact, how is Swearinger not even on here at all?

Swearinger arguably had the worst game out of literally every starter yesterday.
I agree, Swearinger didn't even jump for the pass in the end zone & just let the guy catch it. The play where Stafford scrambled outside the pocket & had all day to throw. I was pissed.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Random thoughts...

DJ has to score in the corner on that play. He looked much better yesterday overall. He could have been even more involved.

We need better play calls/plays when it matters most. Loved the play to Fitz for TD and the 2 pt conversion but we missed too many opportunities inside the 10 yard line. KK needs to create more unique plays to get into the end zone.

Kyler needs a bit more freedom to run on the edges. He seems to really understand how to not take a hit. This puts so much pressure on the D.

Who gave up 5 sacks on oline? Humphries for 1 I believe and Murray (Sweezy by accident)? Who else?

Hicks was awesome in run support but our LB's got torched in pass coverage.

Murphy was awesome.

Didn't see anything special from Isabella.

Hockenson is really good.

Kudos to Vance Joseph.

4th QTR Murray was special.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Random thoughts...

DJ has to score in the corner on that play. He looked much better yesterday overall. He could have been even more involved.

We need better play calls/plays when it matters most. Loved the play to Fitz for TD and the 2 pt conversion but we missed too many opportunities inside the 10 yard line. KK needs to create more unique plays to get into the end zone.

Kyler needs a bit more freedom to run on the edges. He seems to really understand how to not take a hit. This puts so much pressure on the D.

Who gave up 5 sacks on oline? Humphries for 1 I believe and Murray (Sweezy by accident)? Who else?

Murphy was awesome.

Kudos to Vance Joseph.

I believe at least a couple were on Kyler himself when he should’ve thrown the ball away after holding it forever.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While Hicks isn't the fastest LB, he did have 14 tackles and should be on the hero list. Believe we held the Lions to 3.6 YPC.

The ONE PLAY that makes me think that KM will meet my expectations, was his pass to Kirk for the 2 point PAT to tie the game with about 30 seconds left. Money.

I 100% expected them not to make that conversion and that play was an absolute warrior play. His dimes to DJ on the TD and Fitz deep were amazing but THAT play was the pros pro play of the day without question.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Larry Fitzgerald alone is he plays like he did yesterday is worth watching the Cardinals. He never disappoints. Stuck with us when New England would have taken him anytime. He would have 3 Rings right now probably. But he is loyal and the hardest worker. That alone makes liking the Cardinals amazing. Im hoping we play like the last part all season. Because if we do. It will be a hell of a ride.
I thought about that yesterday. he could have thrown a fit 5 years ago, went to NE and have like 3 rings by now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Random thoughts...

Murphy was awesome.

Kudos to Vance Joseph.

Isabella had a nice KR or two.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Corey Peters gets way too little credit around here. I see a bunch of times where he takes his man 5 yards deep into the backfield.

Yeah, I agree. When I rewatched the first half, he was the single biggest factor for us stopping the run. None of our other dline guys seem capable of disrupting the line of scrimmage like he can.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Random thoughts...

Murphy was awesome.

Kudos to Vance Joseph.

I have only rewatched the first half so far, but the sack where sweezy jumped was on the RT Murray. Humphries had one, and there was a play where Pugh got beat like a rag doll.

Sweezy looked the most impressive to me in the first half.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree Kyler and KK need better weapons, but they should have enough to be a suffecient offense. If Keim is the GM next year, he is picking up pieces to build around Kyler most likely.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Well please name 15 better then.
Eric Weddle
Kevin Byard
Derwin James
Micah Hyde
Devin Mccourty
Earl Thomas
Malik Hooker
Lamarcus Joyner
Sean Davis
Rodney McCloud
Either Bears S
Tre Boston

Easy.

I can't see a difference between Budda Baker and Daniel Sorenson or Anthony Harris or Marcus Maye

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA