Mutiny in Miami

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't necessarily say Flores is totally in over his head. This was the plan in Miami all along. Tank city. Hopefully they let Flores at least know that he will be the sacrificial lamb,
and he has his next job lined up already in a couple of years.

They have to take a couple years and totally remake that roster.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love how the players who LOST the game blame everyone else ...it's never THEIR fault.

The coaching didn't lose the game alone, but as we saw with the AB saga.....complaining and asking for your way out doesn't hurt you either.

They're taking for the QB in the draft.....it's the same thing the colts did for Andrew Luck.

It's worth it in the end to get the franchise QB

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I absolutely despise soccer, but man, their relegation system is what we need.

If we had a minor league and we could relegate teams (READ: owner) that do not field a competitive team to the inferior league that would be awesome!

In theory I agree with you but in the soccer leagues they do not have salary caps so the deep pockets owners can buy players from small market teams. There is no draft to bring in fresh talent. Also in the English Premier League the top 6 big teams with deep pockets are always at the top while small teams just struggle to stay up.

If the same thing happened in the NFL the Cowboys, Rams, Patriots, Giants and Redskins would probably be at the top while teams like Green Bay, KC, and New Orleans would be not have a realistic shot of winning the title. Salary cap evens the playing field somewhat.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ross fired Gase because Gase wouldn't tank. The NFL owes Ross so they won't punish him. Owners are entitled to be stupid. Now I have major sympathy for Rosen.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ross fired Gase because Gase wouldn't tank. The NFL owes Ross so they won't punish him. Owners are entitled to be stupid. Now I have major sympathy for Rosen.

Me too to be honest. There is no way he will be successful in that environment. They stuck him in at the end yesterday when the game is out of control and a defense just firing for any passes so he goes 1-3 for 5 yards, a sack, and pick.

What are they going to do now? Start him against the Patriots? Keep tossing him out there when the game is out of hand so he struggles?

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
But if you make garbage decisions when you draft the 4 first-rounders, where does that leave you?
Exactly!

I remember how giddy the Rams were when they "fleeced" the Skins for RGIII... the net result was not the result they were looking for with only Brockers, Jenkins, and Ogletree really contributing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im hearing a lot of players asked for trades? is that what the tweet is?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing 59-10 at any level of football leaves a mark. In Miami, it’s sparking a mutiny.

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff, despite claiming that they intend to try to win, aren’t serious about competing and winning and by all appearances have bought into the notion that the Dolphins will take their lumps now in the hopes of laying the foundation via high draft picks for building a successful team later.

Coach Brian Flores consistently has denied an intention to tank, but the first rule of Tank Club is never talk about Tank Club.

And even if Flores insists that there’s no tanking, that doesn’t keep the players from: (1) believing it’s happening, based on the trade that sent tackle Laremy Tunsil and receiver Kenny Still to Houston eight days ago; and (2) wanting to be no part of it.

The Dolphins informed PFT that they have not heard from any agents or players regarding this matter, and that they have not received any requests for players to be traded.

Again, this doesn’t mean that coach Brian Flores and his staff are actually not trying to win. Flores is a respected coach with a strong work ethic and high character. But the perception wasn’t good before Sunday, and now it’s getting worse after a 49-point loss to the Ravens.

It’s inevitable that, eventually, people inside the locker room were going to notice. They now have, and some of them want out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/08/early-mutiny-in-miami/

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the same thing happened in the NFL the Cowboys, Rams, Patriots, Giants and Redskins would probably be at the top while teams like Green Bay, KC, and New Orleans would be not have a realistic shot of winning the title. Salary cap evens the playing field somewhat.
The Redskins would still be hopeless.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please leave politics out of this forum. You are welcome to discuss this in P&R though

Given some of the feelings expressed by players and that Stills was subsequently traded, there's an argument for describing the results of his actions as football-related.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to feel sorry for the players but man in particular Josh. on the worst team in football last year, then gets traded to a team that looks to be substantially worse.

Saw some stuff online yesterday saying too early to be sure but the Dolphins appear to be one of the weakest teams in the last 10 years. Said on the current roster there's only a handful of players teams are interested in, Davante Adams, Preston Williams, apparently some teams like Ballage the RB, and they have 4-5 guys on defense that another NFL team MIGHT trade for. What I was reading implied that less than half their starting lineup is NFL caliber starters and some of them are borderline roster guys on other teams, starting for the Dolphins.

Their best OL is apparently Daniel Kilgore the ex 49er who didn't start until his 4th year and started only 10 games in his first 5 years total before SF got really bad and he was a 2 year starter on the horrible SF teams before going to Miami. He's the one being quoted now as how disheartening it is to hear teammates want to get traded now.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given some of the feelings expressed by players and that Stills was subsequently traded, there's an argument for describing the results of his actions as football-related.

I would agree but the rules of the board are clear here. Anytime sports and politics mix it goes to P&R

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how long they give Flores. The Cards got ripped for firing Wilks after 1 year and accused of racism. clearly the Dolphins appear to be tanking so firing the coach would seem unfair, but if this continues they won't have any player support for Flores.

They will be painted into a corner if they fire him they'll face the same accusations we did, if they don't fire him and the players actually are in mutiny(by end of season I mean not now) they are screwed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how long they give Flores. The Cards got ripped for firing Wilks after 1 year and accused of racism. clearly the Dolphins appear to be tanking so firing the coach would seem unfair, but if this continues they won't have any player support for Flores.

They will be painted into a corner if they fire him they'll face the same accusations we did, if they don't fire him and the players actually are in mutiny(by end of season I mean not now) they are screwed.

I think in this case you actually can fire all the players, though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson