Jordan Hicks

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Around the ball for sure. Never stops pursuing. But can't cover worth a lick.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Around the ball for sure. Never stops pursuing. But can't cover worth a lick.

I don't think this is accurate, at least when it comes to MLB's. I am pretty sure I read he had the best coverage rating by PFF for any Middle linebacker.

I think the linebackers looked bad trying to cover Hockenstein, but that guy is fast and is going to make a lot of linebackers look bad.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a difference it makes to have a real ILB on the roster!

Hicks looked great out there!

Also impressive job by Vance and the entire defense considering the Offense was so poor for 3 quarters and these guys never gave up. Impressive considering that the top 2 CBs were not playing.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think this is accurate, at least when it comes to MLB's. I am pretty sure I read he had the best coverage rating by PFF for any Middle linebacker.

I think the linebackers looked bad trying to cover Hockenstein, but that guy is fast and is going to make a lot of linebackers look bad.

Not what I have seen. Wasn't impressed with the coverage in preseason either.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a difference it makes to have a real ILB on the roster!

Hicks looked great out there!

Also impressive job by Vance and the entire defense considering the Offense was so poor for 3 quarters and these guys never gave up. Impressive considering that the top 2 CBs were not playing.
Underrated. He brings a MIKE-like presence to the ILB position while splitting the inside with a second backer

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Too many guys were wide open though. We need to figure our defensive schemes and coverages out. They were fooled to easily by guys slipping into a zone on crossing routes or up the gut and into the open. Stafford had many wide open targets yesterday, while Murray had to fight to find a sliver of space.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Too many guys were wide open though. We need to figure our defensive schemes and coverages out. They were fooled to easily by guys slipping into a zone on crossing routes or up the gut and into the open. Stafford had many wide open targets yesterday, while Murray had to fight to find a sliver of space.

Zone coverage. If the rush doesnt get there, then there are holes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose