Rise Up Light Side

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Sacks will spike upward when PP returns as well.

Our CB issues will be fine unless injuries creep in.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Simply moronic. The Lions D is much better than you’re giving them credit for. Look, if you want to continue to discredit him, go right ahead. You’re the one who looks foolish in the process.

Stuff it .I am not impressed by 1 quarter of decent football.Maybe that gives you a big thrill but I refuse to see butterflies and rainbows and ignore 3 quarters of absolute trash Qb play by the "transcendent NFl changing" QB.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Apparently K2 said after the game that he was too cute with the play calling in first 3 quarters. Seemed like on a lot of play calls he was simply trying to fool the Lions and they simply weren't fooled. In the 4th quarter and OT they seemed to just be making play calls to simply let the players beat favorable match-ups and they were able to get it going because of that.
Basically "My college offense may not all work in the NFL"

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loved the comeback and want nothing but the best for Murray. That said we have a lot more pain ahead. The jury will be out for a while.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While everyone is pissing rainbows dont forget to throw some love at Gardeck the DESTROYER...without him there is no comeback
Example of stuff done in preseason being replicated in regular play.

Gardeck - despite being "too slow", "not strong enough" yada yada, stepped up and made a play. (Why should we be surprised)?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
went to the game with my folks and friend Nellie... had more fun today than I have going to any game in the last three years. I'll take it!

Same feeling man. When we scored the FG in overtime I told my buddy this was going to end in a tie and his response was "I don't give a poo this is the most fun we have had at a game since 2015".

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh and now that is out of the way let me remind you to debate the topic not the poster.

You know the rules here.

Don't hide behind your mod status, and don't act like I'm the one that did anything wrong. You decided to go crazy throwing shade at Rosen for no reason at all--that's the content, not the poster, btw. Why even mention Rosen at all? He's history now. YOUR content brought the negativity to the thread of positivity.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Don't hide behind your mod status, and don't act like I'm the one that did anything wrong. You decided to go crazy throwing shade at Rosen for no reason at all--that's the content, not the poster, btw. Why even mention Rosen at all? He's history now. YOUR content brought the negativity to the thread of positivity.

Well said Stout and exactly right.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not going to engage in darksider mode here - this doesn't seem like a thread for debate for me.

I'm just getting home from all the travel and work, able to articulate my thoughts a little bit more, and I'm sure the unpleasant stuff will come out elsewhere.

What I can say is that I had a lot of fun in that 4th quarter yesterday, and it sure was nice, especially watching it go down and scream with fans who didn't walk out at the first sign of adversity. I hope it's something to build on throughout our young team.

Larry and DJ showed up and balled out. I'd love to swing into Baltimore this week and have a competitive game with all of the first week jitters sorted out!

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I gave you ample chances. You are done

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And again, the rules

Read Them. Learn Them. Live Them.

This is a PG-13 board. As a result, the following Cardinal Rules are in effect immediately:

1) Be respectful of the other members. Racism, bigotry, & sexism will not be tolerated. We do allow frank discussion with the other members, and like to have a laugh, but some things are not appropriate. Repeatedly flaming, insulting, and attempting to cause fights with other members will not be allowed and can result in a ban. Please be respectful to the board, both to the members and moderators. We are all here to discuss and find the most up-to-date info on the Cards, other Arizona teams, and life in general. If you have a problem with another board member, please PM a moderator about it.

The following activities will not be tolerated:

- Aggression or annoyance towards any member whether in forums or private messages. Debate the idea, don't attack the poster. Calling out others for not being fans will earn you a short rest.

- Spamming, proselytizing, or intimidation.

Repeated warnings of any of violations of any of these rules can result in a ban. Please use the "Report this Post to a Moderator" function if you see anyone violating these rules, or find an offensive post.

2) Moderators' decisions are final. Our moderators are all unpaid volunteers who are looking out for the best interests of our members. We want to help each and every member get the best experience possible on our board, but there will always be individuals who choose to break the rules and be banned. Moderators' decisions are final. THERE IS NO PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THIS.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You can crap on Murray, sing Rosen's praises, I don't give a care. What you will not do is attack me as a poster or as a moderator. All the rules are as above.

And you remember the rules also.Hiding behind snarky BS is okay if you do that?

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you remember the rules also.Hiding behind snarky BS is okay if you do that?

Rosen and Murray will be tied together and compared for the majority of their careers. It's just the reality of the situation. Discussing those comparisons will continue to occur across the entire fanbase. These discussions aren't isolated to ASFN.

As long as people don't get personal, those discussions are fair game and within the rules.

People should discuss Murray's issues when he has them. I certainly see plenty to discuss (footwork, batted balls, high throws, not using his scrambling ability at the right time) and the opponents in the next 4 games will continue to expose more flaws I am sure.

When Rosen has success or struggles, those will be discussed too.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand some of the comments in here.

Creating a Light Side thread which - by definition - means focusing on the positives instead of the negatives...but then linking your positive comments about this year's team to negative comments about last year's team seems counterproductive.

In reality it's more of an Arnold Palmer thread of your own making.

Half light and half dark.

:jedi:

:newcards:

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand some of the comments in here.

Creating a Light Side thread which - by definition - means focusing on the positives instead of the negatives...but then linking your positive comments about this year's team to negative comments about last year's team seems counterproductive.

In reality it's more of an Arnold Palmer thread of your own making.

Half light and half dark.

:jedi:

:newcards:

Yeah I am still not over last year's team. I was terrified at the half that we were just treading water in that cesspool. So the light to me is coming out of the darkness.

It's a fair point though.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hah I say Voldemort because "he is he who shall not be named." It's not out of hate but some snark about all the summer debates. I can go back to Rosen though if it bothers you so much.

As far as the comebacks, there is no comeback in this game is clearly what I am talking about. No 18 point turn around in the 4th quarter.

That isn't hatred of Rosen, it's just not what he demonstrated he could do in 12 games. When we got down by more than 2 TDs the game was over.

You are looking for reasons to be upset that just aren't intended.
When we got down by 3 pts I thought the game was over lol. Not a knock on Rosen as much as it was the whole team, we sucked & our head coach was clueless. When we didn't even cross the 50 yd line against the Rams I was pretty much done at that point.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not going to engage in darksider mode here - this doesn't seem like a thread for debate for me.

I'm just getting home from all the travel and work, able to articulate my thoughts a little bit more, and I'm sure the unpleasant stuff will come out elsewhere.

What I can say is that I had a lot of fun in that 4th quarter yesterday, and it sure was nice, especially watching it go down and scream with fans who didn't walk out at the first sign of adversity. I hope it's something to build on throughout our young team.

Larry and DJ showed up and balled out. I'd love to swing into Baltimore this week and have a competitive game with all of the first week jitters sorted out!
And hopefully coach KK doesn't get cute on his play calling during the 1st half lol?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I am still not over last year's team. I was terrified at the half that we were just treading water in that cesspool. So the light to me is coming out of the darkness.

It's a fair point though.
During the abysmal 1st three quarters, I did ask myself: "Is this team's personality as gloomy and hopeless as last year's?"

Short answer: "Nope. This team never left me with the feeling that they couldn't innovate or fight their way thru the morass. (They did look shaky at times but never left me totally without hope).

It's still early in the season, but I think K1 and K2 proved me right.