Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-0) Game Day thread. 09/08/19

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched Kingsburys press conference, he is so much better than Wilks was. Blamed himself for the offensive problems, said he tried to get too cute and didn’t allow Kyler to get in a rhythm. Called the first 3 quarters about the worst offensive football he’s ever seen...have to give him credit, he didn’t blame anyone but himself, didn’t make excuses. That was refreshing.

I’ll need to watch that, as I also thought KK called an extremely poor 1st half. K1 didn’t play well either, so it was good to see K2 take the blame.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I only got to see the tying drive and OT. But reading everything and following on ESPN game cast the team was obviously dreadful for much of the game. How you can not see (a) improvement at the end; (b) a resilient team that doesn’t give up; and (c) improved oline play, the rookie cb, and the game seemingly slow a bit for kyler, well let’s just say that I hope not every day is a rainy day in your world.
Was difficult last year watching Rosen

Obviously it's a tough initiation and a massive step up. Shock to the system. Much faster, higher pressure.

Kyler experienced the same today.

But it was heartening to see KM find his feet relatively quickly and adjust to the level required. Rosen seemed to get more and more flustered as the season wore on. Doubts crept in and festered.

Early days for KM but something to take away from the game and build on.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Great comeback & great adjustments by K1/K2. They’ll have 3 quarters of garbage tape to review & improve upon. This Murray kid is a competitor & will work his a$$ off to get better. We won’t win a SB anytime soon, but it’ll be fun to watch this team continue to improve.

Better than that, he has ice water in his veins. He seemed like Michael Corleone going into the bathroom, grabbing the pistol, and shooting a guy over his veal Parmesan during the 4th quarter

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Squeak is going to have to be way more consistent. He was super streaky today with his accuracy which kept the offense from being productive early on.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Entertaining second half for sure, mostly making up for the first half. Exceeded my expectations which were low before even seeing the first half misery.

Yes it is something to give some optimism. However I don't think some of the success had more to do with their D reducing the pressure up front. They stopped pressuring as often like they were turtling up and going prevent early, maybe due to conditioning issues, maybe because they thought the game was under control.

The next game will tell us how much were game 1 jitters and working out the bugs vs how much was due to happenstance.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
well it wasn't your opinion not with mine.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If it wasn't my opinion or yours, who's was it?

it was you bashed how we were playing. and at that point. we were balling

When I posted what you originally quoted, the Cardinals were about as far from "balling" as you could possibly get. Further, at no point in the game were the cardinals "balling".

We played the Lions.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was just something viscerally unappealing to me about this team today. I have a sour feeling about me and I don't like it.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
I only got to see the tying drive and OT. But reading everything and following on ESPN game cast the team was obviously dreadful for much of the game. How you can not see (a) improvement at the end; (b) a resilient team that doesn’t give up; and (c) improved oline play, the rookie cb, and the game seemingly slow a bit for kyler, well let’s just say that I hope not every day is a rainy day in your world.

I watched the entire game.

There was a lot of Murray hype before and after the draft. A lot of hype about how difficult to sack Murray was and how, despite how short he is, few batted balls he had. 5 sacks and almost as many batted balls as his entire 2018 college season.

Our Punter kept us in the game with a 50+ yard average on 5 punts in the first half! (game ball!) and the defense scraped together the rest.

If Game one last year against Washington is your benchmark... HELL YEA GO CARDINALS!

What I took from this game? Find ways to give David Johnson the ball. He clearly still has it.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Serious post. I wore my signed Kwamie Lassiter jersey today to the Cards game. A Lion's fan asked me if that was his authentic signature. I said yes. He then asked me if he signed it before he passed. SMH. You can't make this stuff up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious post. I wore my signed Kwamie Lassiter jersey today to the Cards game. A Lion's fan asked me if that was his authentic signature. I said yes. He then asked me if he signed it before he passed. SMH. You can't make this stuff up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Still wear mine to every game. I am sure some day the autograph will fade and wear away, but I've got great memories of the times I spoke with Kwamie, his wife Ericka, and their kids over the years. The signature is actually fresher because Kwamie saw that it had faded and personally hunted down a Sharpie and re-signed my jersey at a home game not too long ago.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
As a long time watcher of Chargers football, I didn't see anything remotely Sid Gillman or Air Coryell like.

I did see a young QB grow right in front of our eyes in one game. He looked everything bad about a rookie QB in the first half. The fourth quarter he looked like any veteran QB leading his team towards a win. If he looks more like 4th quarter Kyler next game, all game, that will be a fun game to watch!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave