Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-0) Game Day thread. 09/08/19

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how our RT played?

Pretty darn good for a waiver wire pickup who has been on 6 different teams. Honestly probably played just as well as Gilbert would have.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We really missed Alford and PP =/ Also, will be nice to have Gilbert and Crabtree back.

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
Schlereth was a lineman (don't remember if O or D), I think for the Jets.

He seemed kinda pro AZ in his announcing, I think. Maybe because he had a son, who, at one time, was a relief pitcher for the dbacks s few years ago.

I just bought the NFL radio stream this morning. I assumed I was listening to the AZ radio feed...wrong?

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
That’s just silly for a rookie coach and rookie qb that finished dead last last year and started the game so awfully. This is a victory. This year was never going to be a playoff season. It’s a learning and growth and development year. This was a major first step.

I need a dose of that optimism. I didn’t see anything today to warrant it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty darn good for a waiver wire pickup who has been on 6 different teams. Honestly probably played just as well as Gilbert would have.

i found myself keying on him a lot for some reason and was pretty impressed with his play.

man... those first three quarters were just BRUTAL being at the game, but it ended up a complete blast with the comeback and drama throughout OT. I'll take fight, big comeback and tie any day over last year's drek and the previous two year's boring as hell mediocrity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

then you're blind, dude. I mean, I'm usually one of the more pessimistic people here and I saw a rookie QB who could have easily just called it a day engineer one of the biggest 4th quarter comebacks ever. I saw an O-line that looked much better than I expected. I saw Murphy show very well at CB. I saw Chandler Jones continue to be the best pass-rusher in the game and I saw a team that wouldn't quit. I'll take that over the last three years any day of the week.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
then you're blind, dude. I mean, I'm usually one of the more pessimistic people here and I saw a rookie QB who could have easily just called it a day engineer one of the biggest 4th quarter comebacks ever. I saw an O-line that looked much better than I expected. I saw Murphy show very well at CB. I saw Chandler Jones continue to be the best pass-rusher in the game and I saw a team that wouldn't quit. I'll take that over the last three years any day of the week.

Let me add the too old washed up Suggs getting 2 sacks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I only got to see the tying drive and OT. But reading everything and following on ESPN game cast the team was obviously dreadful for much of the game. How you can not see (a) improvement at the end; (b) a resilient team that doesn’t give up; and (c) improved oline play, the rookie cb, and the game seemingly slow a bit for kyler, well let’s just say that I hope not every day is a rainy day in your world.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I only got to see the tying drive and OT. But reading everything and following on ESPN game cast the team was obviously dreadful for much of the game. How you can not see (a) improvement at the end; (b) a resilient team that doesn’t give up; and (c) improved oline play, the rookie cb, and the game seemingly slow a bit for kyler, well let’s just say that I hope not every day is a rainy day in your world.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

I think people seem to forget we had exactly 3 first downs in 3 qtrs. Not an exaggeration.

The turnaround in the 4th qtr was nothing short of stunning

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Schlereth was a lineman (don't remember if O or D), I think for the Jets.

He seemed kinda pro AZ in his announcing, I think. Maybe because he had a son, who, at one time, was a relief pitcher for the dbacks s few years ago.

He was a pro bowl O-Linemen for both the Redskins & I Broncos. He may have like 5 SB rings.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The 4th Q was really good by Squeak.

The 1st 3 Qs were really bad by Squeak.

OT was very meh.

So, let's not forget that Squeak was more bad than good in his first start.

That being said, most reasonable people thought it was always going to be a learning experience. If he can learn, Squeak now has something to build off of.

Defense was very up and down. That can be attributed to learning to play a new system with new teammates.

Our offense did not look very fast which was disappointing. We miss the speed that Isabella was supposed to bring.

Nice seeing Fitz bring a vertical element for the first time in a while.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just watched Kingsburys press conference, he is so much better than Wilks was. Blamed himself for the offensive problems, said he tried to get too cute and didn’t allow Kyler to get in a rhythm. Called the first 3 quarters about the worst offensive football he’s ever seen...have to give him credit, he didn’t blame anyone but himself, didn’t make excuses. That was refreshing.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
too many times when we went 4 wr's nobody was crossing and it was taking to long to develop. Thank god things turned around!

Great comeback & great adjustments by K1/K2. They’ll have 3 quarters of garbage tape to review & improve upon. This Murray kid is a competitor & will work his a$$ off to get better. We won’t win a SB anytime soon, but it’ll be fun to watch this team continue to improve.