Kool-Aid Time

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly my excitement right now is unlike any other season. I don't mean it's higher - I mean it's unlike any other season. It feels like a first date with a girl you know is hot, but have NO idea what she is like and everything that goes along with it. You just know as long as the first date doesn't tank you might have a chance to get a little enjoyment out of it - or maybe a lot. But if it tanks...

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly my excitement right now is unlike any other season. I don't mean it's higher - I mean it's unlike any other season. It feels like a first date with a girl you know is hot, but have NO idea what she is like and everything that goes along with it. You just know as long as the first date doesn't tank you might have a chance to get a little enjoyment out of it - or maybe a lot. But if it tanks...

If she is hot....who cares.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A prediction of 34 pts takes you out of Kool aid territory and into crack territory. :billthecat:

I will welcome 34 pts with open arms but I was going to be happy with 21 pts for a season opener regardless of the outcome.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinal offense will move the ball but bog down in the red zone. This I think will change and get better as the season progresses, but I see them having a lot of yards and little points to show in correlation to the numbers. I think it's possible we lose to the Lions 27-13, with Kyler still having his share of wow plays... yes, you heard it from your teammate ol' Roy Green, hope I'm wrong lol

My fear are the penalties. Even when the offense looked decent in the PS, we started almost every series with a 1st & 20. I think that K2 will draw up some nice plays in the red zone. Just not sure if the O will be ready to execute just yet.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fear are the penalties. Even when the offense looked decent in the PS, we started almost every series with a 1st & 20. I think that K2 will draw up some nice plays in the red zone. Just not sure if the O will be ready to execute just yet.
I so agree with this. I’ve come to the conclusion that holding penalties kill drives much more than drops or bad throws. Holding penalties breathe life into a defense.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big concern - Harry's criticism of overall "lack of strength" by new Cardinal players.

Wherein lies the fault? The conditioning program? The guys running it?

No Cardinal team should ever lose its majority of one-on-one battles.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking 4 field goals and 2 TDs for the Cardinals offense.

A win would be nice but I'm not expecting it at this point. What I do want to see is the Cardinals be competitive and still in the game come the 4th quarter. I really would like to see the Cards stuff the run on defense and force the Lions to become one dimensional.

Nailed it