R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2019)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The entire board seems to have collapsed while I was gone. I hope Saturday brings some bright spots so we can at least argue about my favorite topic again.

I only got to check in by phone while I was gone. But it seems like we're already burnt out.

Long 10-day layoff for a preseason game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is Ben Maller and why would his opinion be relevant?

Is your opinion somehow more relevant? Disagree if you want, tear down his opinion if you want but opinions by their very nature are always relevant to the person giving the opinion.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is your opinion somehow more relevant? Disagree if you want, tear down his opinion if you want but opinions by their very nature are always relevant to the person giving the opinion.

You are very reactive. My opinion is that my opinion on Cardinals football carries far more weight than Ben Maller's. Ben Maller has not played football beyond high school and has not coached football at all. He may not even watch an entire Cardinals football game, and why would he? All he has to do is mouth off and his tirade is propagated, hence my question.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Whoever this Maller guy is, his opinion has very little objectivity. "One of the worst debuts I can recall"? Sure, had Murray finished how he started, absolutely it would've been one of the worst. But Murray caught fire and nearly led the team to a come from behind victory. It wasn't a great debut, but certainly not "one of the worst."

I mean, the guy listed the number of incompletions Murray had. Can't remember the last time I saw someone do that. That's some amazing Matrix-like bending to make a point. Like when Mitch tried to explain to me how Tramon Williams was a better CB than PP21. Mitch tried his hardest to prove a point, but had to contort may ways to do so while exposing his bias.

$5 says this Maller guy is a Longhorn fan.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
. But Murray caught fire and nearly led the team to a come from behind victory.

This is an exaggeration. Murray had a special 4th quarter and overtime, but we were never particularly close to winning that game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K9, when you win the toss in OT, you're close to winning the game. And even more so, when you were down 6-24 in the 4th Qtr. JMO.

Not to mention having a lead in OT and a dropped INT in OT that would have set up a game winning FG attempt.

Let's not forget the blown call when K1 was hit a good 5 yards out of bounds. Should have been 1st & goal from like the 5. instead we were forced to kick the FG in OT.

We were closest to winning when we had the lead in OT. We were ACTUALLY closest to winning when we were at the 10 yard line before kicking the field goal, according to ESPN:

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't like this analysis, though (From ESPN). It seems like there's too much volatility. I like this one from Gambletron2000 (whatever that is) better. They had our best chance to win at 85%, but they don't give the game situation; they give the time of day:

I'm guessing that's when we kicked the field goal to go up in OT.

So, yes, we were closer to winning than I thought. I somehow forgot that we were actually up in OT.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's not forget the blown call when K1 was hit a good 5 yards out of bounds. Should have been 1st & goal from like the 5. instead we were forced to kick the FG in OT.
Cheese and I rewatched the game last night. That was an absolutely atrocious no-call. KM was nearly off the wide white boundary when he got clipped. That’s the very definition of late hit. I knew it was a lye hit in live action but seeing it again, man just an egregious swallowing of the whistle. The cardinals better have sent that into the league for review and explanation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We were closest to winning when we had the lead in OT. We were ACTUALLY closest to winning when we were at the 10 yard line before kicking the field goal, according to ESPN:

I don't like this analysis, though (From ESPN). It seems like there's too much volatility. I like this one from Gambletron2000 (whatever that is) better. They had our best chance to win at 85%, but they don't give the game situation; they give the time of day:

So, yes, we were closer to winning than I thought. I somehow forgot that we were actually up in OT.
Man do we need more posters (and people in general lately) that can admit when they are wrong when presented with evidence of that fact. Good on you K9.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think that 4th quarter / OT was such a wave of emotion it's easy to forget some things

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think that 4th quarter / OT was such a wave of emotion it's easy to forget some things
I think this is important to remember when viewing Squeak's performance in the game. Squeak had some positive moments in this game to build off of, but the majority of his play was pretty atrocious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an exaggeration. Murray had a special 4th quarter and overtime, but we were never particularly close to winning that game.

when you're one defensive series away from winning a game... which we were in OT when we went up 27-24... I'd consider that close to winning a game. trying to argue otherwise is just that... being argumentative for arguments sake, IMO.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don't like this analysis, though (From ESPN). It seems like there's too much volatility. I like this one from Gambletron2000 (whatever that is).
Surely you jest.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is important to remember when viewing Squeak's performance in the game. Squeak had some positive moments in this game to build off of, but the majority of his play was pretty atrocious.

Agreed. Someone mentioned earlier in the year Murray has a tendency to start slow in big games. Right now it looks like a well deserved critique. Hopefully he can change that starting Sunday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose