Is Marcus Gilbert already questionable for game one

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Toth will get a chance to show what he's got. This could be a blessing in disguise!
This guy is in cardinals uniform less than week.

The guy doesnot know scheme yet. No chemistry with fellow OL men. They have to play someone who was with them whole off-season not Toth.

If Toth ends playing it will be a disaster in week 1. For week 2 they can have him in the plans

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Toth was 290 working his way up to 315 like 3 weeks ago. Im not sure he is even in football shape, let alone close to starting a game right now.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Joshua Miles might get the start. Mason Cole is another but less likely possibility.

The Cardinals have shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Reactions: PJ1

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Murray may need to run on every play and not get hurt - no forward passes is what qb rating?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really, just tired of all this BS. There is no freaking excuse for this. Does Gilbert rest his laurels on being a Steeler? Then we have guys in the NFL who are upset about having contracts not guarantee, but why should they with this constantly being the status quo after some players sign contracts and then cannot play with a history whether extended or recent. Back in the day, yeah I am 51 years old, this was unheard of with expectations. This is a physical sport... earn your damn money or get out of the fight as Wyatt Earp would say in the movie "Tombstone"

Yea, I'm sure he did it on purpose.

Reactions: HGC

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim really does have to go. No excuse for this to continually be a major problem. The guy is a meathead.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, I guess I am old fashion because not being able to do your job should not afford you the job :)
I’m sorry, that’s not “old fashioned” that’s just flat out silly. A dude pays you millions, you put out effort, end of story. Stupid on the dude that pays you millions.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ouch Murray better be ready to run like a roster tom..

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toth was 290 working his way up to 315 like 3 weeks ago. Im not sure he is even in football shape, let alone close to starting a game right now.

If anybody caught the Army/Michigan game yesterday, I'm excited to see Toth play down the road. A good friend of mine played against Army on a regular basis & said he hated those games. Army players never quit & never get tired. They just pound the rock again, and again, and again. He was in the ice bath until the following Thursday after an Army game. He said he would have preferred to play Alabama than Army.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he does play and is serviceable, I would leave him in there regardless of what appears to be another OL mistake with Gilbert. This applies for the ongoing saga with Reddick who lacks instincts and not healthy... why put him out there, it's not going to rectify the mistake by playing him
Reddick I've heard, isn't a fast learner watching film, he's more of an on the field learner. I'm hoping he plays well this season, not holding my breath on that though lol. We do need him inside, he has flashed at times.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a good point. He was prob our best lineman last year. Sign him up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Many have posted this but all 32 teams have decided he isn't worth a roster spot and I would say 28 teams have a need for a RT as a starter or back up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

scott bordow
@sbordow

·
1m

No specifics on Gilbert injury. Kingsbury says "still working through" whether Gilbert might need procedure

lol. of course he probably would.

Murray was good in spot start yesterday. Let's hope that continues because I have this sinking feeling Gilbert never even sees the field this year... and if he does, it will be in fits and starts.