OT: Antonio Brown

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah I think this whole thing stinks Jasper. It pisses me off the Patriots signed him, because it doesn't seem fair to the rest of the league.
Why isn't it fair? 30 other teams had the opportunity, but the Patriots took advantage.

It's crappy that he probably orchestrated his Raiders demise, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't get in the conspiracy theory part is why didn't he simply go to the pats in the first place?

All the Raiders gave up was a 3 and a 5. If the pats can carry his cap hit now they must have been able to make it work before.

It doesn't surprise me one bit he ended up there i just don't get if this is some scam for him to force his way to the Pats, why didn't he do it when he was being traded. Or did Pittsburgh just outright refuse to trade him to the pats?

Or the Pats just refused to give up a 3rd and 5th

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or the Pats just refused to give up a 3rd and 5th
Looks like they didn’t have to.

The Pats are in a very high position.
1. We are winners and don’t have to trade for anyone. Your stars will want to play for us.
2. If you play for us we don’t have to overpay. You will give us a discount because Brady does.
3. If you want to get paid we will trade you before you become a free agent for players and draft picks which puts us in an even better position.
4. If you do decide to leave, your replacement will cost us less and be as productive. Coaches are not immune.

I just don’t know how they do it and keep doing it. Is Brady really that good? Is Belichick that good? No other team even comes close in sustainability.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diva attitude is a cancer in a locker room
U get ton of million and u can't shut up posting crappy stuff
Better showing those kind of guys the door and coming with an adequate offer

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Looks like they didn’t have to.

The Pats are in a very high position.
1. We are winners and don’t have to trade for anyone. Your stars will want to play for us.
2. If you play for us we don’t have to overpay. You will give us a discount because Brady does.
3. If you want to get paid we will trade you before you become a free agent for players and draft picks which puts us in an even better position.
4. If you do decide to leave, your replacement will cost us less and be as productive. Coaches are not immune.

I just don’t know how they do it and keep doing it. Is Brady really that good? Is Belichick that good? No other team even comes close in sustainability.
All these SB's with a salary cap in place. What team is even close to them since the salary cap?

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In January, Moss was fined $25,000 for squirting an official with a water bottle. In November he was fined another $25,000 for touching an official.

Moss was fined $15,000 by the Vikings and required to receive anger management counseling for verbally abusing corporate sponsors on the team bus following a loss in November.

When questioned about his propensity to take plays off at times, Moss caused a stir by telling a Minneapolis newspaper columnist that he simply plays when he wants to play.

Moss was arrested after an incident in downtown Minneapolis in which he bumped a traffic control officer with his car, knocking her to the ground. He was ordered to pay a $1,200 fine and perform 40 hours of community service. Marijuana was allegedly found in his vehicle as well, but charges were later dropped.

The NFL fined Moss $5,000 for his role in a fight with the Chicago Bears during a September game. In November, he was fined another $5,000 for spiking a ball at the foot of Detroit Lions cornerback Dre' Bly.

Moss was fined $10,000 by the NFL after an end-zone celebration in which he pretended to pull down his pants and "moon" Green Bay Packers fans.

Moss also made negative news in 2004 for leaving the field with two seconds left in a loss to the Washington Redskins. Team leaders Matt Birk and Daunte Culpepper confronted Moss in the locker room after the game.

During HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, Moss caused a bit of an uproar when he admitted he "might" still partake in the use of marijuana once "every blue moon."

so, just in those five years, he had confrontations with multiple teammates, admitted to taking plays off, smoking dope and breaking NFL rules, hit a traffic control officer with his car and was ordered to do 40 hours of community service.

and then he was banished to Oakland where he pretty much quit on the team in his second season which is when the Pats got him for peanuts.

And then guess what... two years after the Pats got him, they dumped his ass because he was a lockerroom problem.

and then guest what... the team they dumped him on - The Vikings AGAIN - dumped his ass MID-SEASON in 2010 when after a game the Vikings lost to the Patriots, Moss called his own separate press conference and pledged his allegiance to the Patriots... WHILE ON THE VIKINGS.

http://www.startribune.com/in-glow-...s-of-randy-moss-forgiven-forgotten/501714491/

You literally had to be in a coma to forget ALL of this stuff.

That's all you got. Hell Moss might not be a diva WR in my mine now.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The league needs to fix this BS..

Something like, For every 1 day you don't show up when under contract, you automatically lose 5.

So Lev Bell's holdout would have been a 5 year non paid vacation.

It's obvious this is becoming a pattern to to self-imposed free agency.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line, does anyone know how the money has worked out for AB? Seemed to me, that I heard that he had $30M guaranteed and now has up to $15M. It doesn't make sense.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wish they would suspended him for 4 games, then cut him when his suspension was over.

I imagine that would have been costly for the Raiders though?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the NFL will soon be like the NBA. Marquee players will eventually find a way to sign and play on a team they want to play on with who they want to play with.

So a player can finally find a way and force himself to become a free agent.
Just bitch and whine until you get your way.

Unfortunately, this IS their game plan. The NFL had better initiate a process to stop this nonsense. I would rather watch hippos play tennis than to watch the NBA.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Please explain other than being outspoken and spewing off some dumb things on social media. What has he done wrong??? Any DUI's. Drugs. Suspensions for PED. Criminal activity??

Criminal activity? Yes, he damn near killed a child by chucking furniture out of a high-windowed room. It crashed to the ground mere feet from a child. What saved his bacon? Money, money, money, as they settled out of court.

Go into work Monday and call your boss a cracker and threaten him physically and see how that works out for you.

This is the guy who took three unexcused days off just prior to a must-win game for his team to make the playoffs last year.

And that doesn't even begin to address the day-to-day poor behavior his employers have endure simply because he's a narcissist.

Brown wants a special set of rules for him, and he wants all of his misbehavior to be overlooked simply because he's a productive player. But life just doesn't work that way. You should be accountable for your behavior and be man enough to accept the consequences for your actions.

Yup.

Calling someone a cracker isn't racist lmao

Right, because only white people can be racist LOL

Cracker: An ethnic slur for all Americans of Northern European decent.

Cracker: Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used to refer to a white person in the South, especially a poor white living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.

Yup. Is it a ridiculously silly racial slur? Yes. Is it as bad as others? No. Is it racist? Absolutely. And, when used in Brown's context, it's horrible.

You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Diva attitude is a cancer in a locker room
U get ton of million and u can't shut up posting crappy stuff
Better showing those kind of guys the door and coming with an adequate offer

I hope he messes up the pats locker room big time juza76.

That would teach those scavengers a thing or two.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Why isn't it fair? 30 other teams had the opportunity, but the Patriots took advantage.

It's crappy that he probably orchestrated his Raiders demise, though.

Right, that he sand-bagged his way out of Oakland, and then went immediately to the best team in the league.
Did the Cards, or any other team besides NE, have a chance to sign him after the Raiders cut him?

How do you think Pittsburgh fans are feeling this morning? Super-jazzed about their chances of winning the AFC?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

Something like, For every 1 day you don't show up when under contract, you automatically lose 5.

Bell lost millions of dollars that he will never recover.

Brown went from $30 million guaranteed over 2 years to $9 million guaranteed this year plus incentives.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Right, that he sand-bagged his way out of Oakland, and then went immediately to the best team in the league.
Did the Cards, or any other team besides NE, have a chance to sign him after the Raiders cut him?

How do you think Pittsburgh fans are feeling this morning? Super-jazzed about their chances of winning the AFC?
Drew was interviewed this morning/late last night and confirmed there were multiple teams after AB, at least 1 other team wanting him as bad as New England, but Pats ponied up most money.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
He obviously wanted to go there from the beginning. I hope it backfires for both him and the cheats.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Probably won’t happen but I hope AB is a complete disaster for the Patriots and sucks the life out of them. If he shows signs early on, they won’t hesitate one second and cut him.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I guess my question is what is wrong with a player doing what is in the best interest of themselves? In the the real world you aren't forced to work in a job with a slotted salary for a fixed amount of time.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I guess my question is what is wrong with a player doing what is in the best interest of themselves? In the the real world you aren't forced to work in a job with a slotted salary for a fixed amount of time.
Actually, if you work under a contract in the real world you are slotted for a fixed period of time.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PFT is reporting through Chris Mortensen that AB got some consulting from social media experts on how to get released.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...social-media-consultants-to-speed-up-release/

This guy isn't just a psycho, he's a scumbag.

His pathetic response after being released was completely out of touch with reality. Yells on social media he's free and calls his grandma to tell him he's free.

Yeah, from all of about 4 practices he attended after he chose to sign a huge deal that he didn't honor and actively sabotaged. Scumbag.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He lost $29 million in guaranteed money when he was waived. He's only guaranteed $9 million and scheduled to make $15 million this year.

He didn't lose anything yet though except an insurance policy. It only turns out to be a loss if he gets hurt. He's on a one year deal so it's conceivable if he plays and acts like a pro he will get a better deal next year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose