OT: Antonio Brown

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, Aaron Hernandez wasn't exactly a model citizen......

True but I never heard of him causing drama for the org like AB did until he got arrested.

This will be interesting. Either he is going to be a model player and we will know it was all a scam to get out of Oakland or he wears out his welcome before the season ends. I don't see much of a middle ground on this.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, look at the bright side - his behavior cost him at least $14 million this year.

Or almost what the Cardinals paid Sam Bradford last year.

Ungh.

He was getting 18M per year from the raiders. He is getting 15M from the Pats. How did he lose 14M?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't get in the conspiracy theory part is why didn't he simply go to the pats in the first place?

All the Raiders gave up was a 3 and a 5. If the pats can carry his cap hit now they must have been able to make it work before.

It doesn't surprise me one bit he ended up there i just don't get if this is some scam for him to force his way to the Pats, why didn't he do it when he was being traded. Or did Pittsburgh just outright refuse to trade him to the pats?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually can’t wait to see how this plays out. AB is a walking case study of CTE, and the Pats have the most rigid locker room in the NFL. How the hell is that going to work

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
He was getting 18M per year from the raiders. He is getting 15M from the Pats. How did he lose 14M?

He lost $29 million in guaranteed money when he was waived. He's only guaranteed $9 million and scheduled to make $15 million this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Randy Moss was a model citizen with the Vikes. Brown is not right in the head.
Lol. You have zero memory of randy moss then. And you’re ignoring his time with the raiders which actually preceded his time with the pats . . . EXACTLY like this.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't get in the conspiracy theory part is why didn't he simply go to the pats in the first place?

All the Raiders gave up was a 3 and a 5. If the pats can carry his cap hit now they must have been able to make it work before.

It doesn't surprise me one bit he ended up there i just don't get if this is some scam for him to force his way to the Pats, why didn't he do it when he was being traded. Or did Pittsburgh just outright refuse to trade him to the pats?
The Steelers would not trade him to the Patriots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

As someone stated before, Steelers would never trade him to patriots. He wasn’t a free agent.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You have zero memory of randy moss then
Whaty
Lol. You have zero memory of randy moss then. And you’re ignoring his time with the raiders which actually preceded his time with the pats . . . EXACTLY like this.
What did Moss do crazy in Minn beside fake pulling his pants down in G.B? Moss played 29 games for Oak how is this EXACTLY the same? New England never would have signed this nut If Henry did not get hurt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whaty

What did Moss do crazy in Minn beside fake pulling his pants down in G.B? Moss played 29 games for Oak how is this EXACTLY the same? New England never would have signed this nut If Henry did not get hurt.

In January, Moss was fined $25,000 for squirting an official with a water bottle. In November he was fined another $25,000 for touching an official.

Moss was fined $15,000 by the Vikings and required to receive anger management counseling for verbally abusing corporate sponsors on the team bus following a loss in November.

When questioned about his propensity to take plays off at times, Moss caused a stir by telling a Minneapolis newspaper columnist that he simply plays when he wants to play.

Moss was arrested after an incident in downtown Minneapolis in which he bumped a traffic control officer with his car, knocking her to the ground. He was ordered to pay a $1,200 fine and perform 40 hours of community service. Marijuana was allegedly found in his vehicle as well, but charges were later dropped.

The NFL fined Moss $5,000 for his role in a fight with the Chicago Bears during a September game. In November, he was fined another $5,000 for spiking a ball at the foot of Detroit Lions cornerback Dre' Bly.

Moss was fined $10,000 by the NFL after an end-zone celebration in which he pretended to pull down his pants and "moon" Green Bay Packers fans.

Moss also made negative news in 2004 for leaving the field with two seconds left in a loss to the Washington Redskins. Team leaders Matt Birk and Daunte Culpepper confronted Moss in the locker room after the game.

During HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, Moss caused a bit of an uproar when he admitted he "might" still partake in the use of marijuana once "every blue moon."

so, just in those five years, he had confrontations with multiple teammates, admitted to taking plays off, smoking dope and breaking NFL rules, hit a traffic control officer with his car and was ordered to do 40 hours of community service.

and then he was banished to Oakland where he pretty much quit on the team in his second season which is when the Pats got him for peanuts.

And then guess what... two years after the Pats got him, they dumped his ass because he was a lockerroom problem.

and then guest what... the team they dumped him on - The Vikings AGAIN - dumped his ass MID-SEASON in 2010 when after a game the Vikings lost to the Patriots, Moss called his own separate press conference and pledged his allegiance to the Patriots... WHILE ON THE VIKINGS.

http://www.startribune.com/in-glow-...s-of-randy-moss-forgiven-forgotten/501714491/

You literally had to be in a coma to forget ALL of this stuff.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the NFL will soon be like the NBA. Marquee players will eventually find a way to sign and play on a team they want to play on with who they want to play with.

So a player can finally find a way and force himself to become a free agent.
Just bitch and whine until you get your way.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think the NFL will soon be like the NBA. Marquee players will eventually find a way to sign and play on a team they want to play on with who they want to play with.

So a player can finally find a way and force himself to become a free agent.
Just bitch and whine until you get your way.

Yeah I think this whole thing stinks Jasper. It pisses me off the Patriots signed him, because it doesn't seem fair to the rest of the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA