Is Jaylen Hurts' success concerning?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We have games to play, and time to see what happens with this iteration of the Air Raid in the NFL.

But with Baker Mayfield's success under Riley, followed by Kyler's, and Hurts' quick ascendance, is there any concern here, like the old Jeff Tedford offenses?

(I know Hurts has some time to go in this offense, but Riley seems to have a magic touch.)

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
...........what?

He has played Houston & South Dakota brah
oh my god man... you've got Murray Derangement Syndrome.
This was probably a dumb thread that could have waited a week or six, I just got caught on College Gameday talking Heisman already.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This was probably a dumb thread that could have waited a week or six, I just got caught on College Gameday talking Heisman already.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!
You crack me up, "that's why we love you..and we hate you" (name the movie)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have games to play, and time to see what happens with this iteration of the Air Raid in the NFL.

But with Baker Mayfield's success under Riley, followed by Kyler's, and Hurts' quick ascendance, is there any concern here, like the old Jeff Tedford offenses?

(I know Hurts has some time to go in this offense, but Riley seems to have a magic touch.)

Hurts was the number 1 duel threat QB coming out of high school he’s got championship rings but played in a super conservative offense at Alabama we’re the RB is the star. Hurts does have a ton of talent

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
GatorAZ, please don't even infer that Riley might consider leaving Oklahoma. Just don't. Please. I'm not superstitious, but I'd rather you not tempt fate.
If a few things fall the right way & another few fall the wrong way...............? I hope you're a Cowboys fan at the very least lol? Joking, obviously you're not. JJ would be the one paying out the ass.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior, I know you're concerned about losing Riley, but the way the NFL works is that any day, you can expect to hear that Bill Belichick is retiring and the Patriots have hired L............. to replace him. :)

Lol.. awesome.

Lincoln Riley to the New England Patriots. Next would be swarms of locusts.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

no fears there.... Jalen Hurts is a good qb

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is like the Tedford arguments of old... is Riley just that good at this? Baker is getting a lot of his production thanks to how insanely good Odell is.

Not saying our guy isn’t good, and it’s not like he didn’t come into college football wildly heralded along with Hurts, but these guys are just running roughshod in Riley’s scheme when they all had some degree of struggle and/or replacement elsewhere.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Its weird that Hurts is only 21, a year younger than Murray. It feels like Hurts has been playing college football for a decade.