You get what you play for -

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
preseason is the tools to get a team ready for opening day - been saying it for years - your first game is as important as your last in the NFL. So if you want to play it coy, weak and stupid - plan to struggle out the gate. I would not coach that way and out smart myself - the are more concerned about what others see than how each team performs opening day. There should be a confidence that we can run staple plays - no matter what opponents do or don’t do- and earn a win. Preseason is needed more than ever - as evidenced by the bears and packers performance. You got to vote in the bill to find out what’s in it? Huh? You know - huh? That don’t sound right - no really- it makes perfect sense from our perspective! You pay we play -
We will ge5 what we play for

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Before the whole Kanoff thing, you could at least say this strategy had some merit.

First they forego the benefit of practicing the real offense in live game reps. And now they forego the one-game element of surprise benefit they had up until the second Kanoff defected.

Advantage Lions.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before the whole Kanoff thing, you could at least say this strategy had some merit.

First they forego the benefit of practicing the real offense in live game reps. And now they forego the one-game element of surprise benefit they had up until the second Kanoff defected.

Advantage Lions.
I’m not sure Kanoff got all the same attention and Hundley did. Everybody talks about qb’s grasping a new offense. I’m quite sure Kanoff hasn’t got the full grasp of the offense. There’s a good chance that his input could actually be a little wrong.

We picked up the Lions CB that I’m sure will give us a little insight to what the lions are doing.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised to find Kanoff spent most of his time playing scout QB against the defense. He likely saw some of the offense but I doubt he ran it.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Product on the field sucks week 1