At what point do you pull Murray?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Gilbert out and the O line protecting him consisting of DJ, DJ, AQ, PUGH, and UPS driver

I'm not joking when I say...if Murray is getting killed the first 3-4 series the Cardinals should honestly consider just pulling him and letting the backup get killed.

The Cardinals can not have Murray constantly hit because Keim failed to get an O line to protect him.

The Lions D Line is GOOD and...

If you've ever coached football (I do) and you have a great D line and their O line is horrible....the game is over before it even started. We are going to kill your QB...even if that means hitting him as soon as the ball is gone. He's not getting out of bed in the morning. Vice versa I've had the reverse....and you can't do anything on offense other try screen passes and flip plays that'll work for a quarter, but once the D line see's it once they won't be fooled again.

The bearded one, Matt Patricia is no dummy

This won't be a popular thread, but you can't do what the Texans did to Carr. It ruined him

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On a more serious post that’s not sarcastic, I don’t think Murray gets pulled. I do think the OLine will hold up against the pass rush. And KM will not hold on the ball too long compared to someone like stare-down Trubisky or Palmer. He will also scramble to get yards, something out previous qb’s couldn’t do except for Grabbert.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You don't pull him, sadly. The guy has to play the actual sport at some point. There's no more "well he would have been great if he didn't have to transfer," or "he would have been great if Baker didn't get another year of eligibility," or "this is preseason so we didn't show our true offense."

It's time to play, win or lose, getting wrecked or not. He plays the whole game unless he's actually injured.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With Gilbert out and the O line protecting him consisting of DJ, DJ, AQ, PUGH, and UPS driver

I'm not joking when I say...if Murray is getting killed the first 3-4 series the Cardinals should honestly consider just pulling him and letting the backup get killed.

The Cardinals can not have Murray constantly hit because Keim failed to get an O line to protect him.

The Lions D Line is GOOD and...

If you've ever coached football (I do) and you have a great D line and their O line is horrible....the game is over before it even started. We are going to kill your QB...even if that means hitting him as soon as the ball is gone. He's not getting out of bed in the morning. Vice versa I've had the reverse....and you can't do anything on offense other try screen passes and flip plays that'll work for a quarter, but once the D line see's it once they won't be fooled again.

The bearded one, Matt Patricia is no dummy

This won't be a popular thread, but you can't do what the Texans did to Carr. It ruined him
Have you thought about what they should do if a meteor falls out of the sky and blows a hole out at the 50 yard line? Because all possibilities should be considered

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair.. David Carr is no Kyler. That dude was a sitting duck with zero mobility. Even if Kyler had to deal with the same.. I see more of a Wilson esque ability to turn crap into something decent every now and then.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Solar7, good point. If Murray was great, he would have won the Heisman. Oh, wait...........
So did Matt Leinart. Where'd that get us?

Not to mention Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Johnny Manziel, RG3, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Jason White...

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why is the OLine still poor?

Do Kiem and co not rate it as a high enough priority?

Are quality replacement OLine players too expensive?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well Rosen ain’t starting, Keim will probably trade our next 2 -1st round draft picks tp get Rosen back, or Matt Barkley, hoyer - I mean both Warner and Palmer left when healthy with gas in the tank - because they didn’t want to get killed or knocked permanently stupid - by one dimensional pass offense that blames everything on the oline - and then do everything possible to put the oline at risk in horrible situations every down.

Need a play caller/ coaching staff that protects the oline, defense and special teams - in other words we need to run the ball effectively- but no time for that, we’re in to to big a hurry “tempo” to kill a cardinal -

I have hope against hope that KK will do what he said this week and call 50/50 balance and show patients setting the table for premium play action and rpo. But all our coaches say that before they pass our team to Death - break the qb and blame it on the oline.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson