Sorta ot

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bears are making a mistake hurrying right now. You don’t want to leave that time on the clock if you score man.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m not sure that was real football because these guys simply aren’t ready to play because preseason isn’t used at all to get teams ready. It will take 2-3 weeks for teams to play better.

That was piss poor & embarrassing imo tonight from both teams.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kent - that's always been a penalty.

The problem isn't the clap or stomp.... It's that the ball isn't being snapped

You can use those motions to call for the snap..... But the snap has to happen

When there is no snap, it's simulation and a false start penalty

It is no different than a QB going under center and using a head bob or sharp hand movement and there not bring a snap

It's not something that is seen often because teams usually snap the ball when the QB physically signals for it or they are at the end of the playclock and either take a TO or eat a delay penalty

I watched some of this game, but listened to a lot of it driving around

The Bears feed was pretty good and that was surprising..... Not a polished production, but good.

Better than the game.

It looked and sounded like the Packers spent a lot of time in dime and also played around with lineman stances, etc.

With that I'm surprised that Chicago didn't really try to run the ball.... They played their offense into exactly what the defense was trying to take away - which was odd

They also decided to take a low chance conversion instead of attempting a 50 yd FG, which would have cut the lead to 7-6

On one series they were backed up, had 2 successful running plays to bring up 3rd and very short. Their OL was making room and they have an attic athletic QB that should be able to convert a sneak...... So they put him in shotgun and he's sacked on the passing play

I think the coaching may be a problem for the Bears

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NFL as a whole cannot be pleased with that being the opening to their 100th season. Just proof that preseason games do have some value. Unless, of course, everyone is ok with watching crap football for 2-3 more weeks. Watching Trubisky brought back memories of Tom Tupa, Max Hall, and Stan Gelbaugh.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For a storied & long tenured franchise, have the Bears ever had a great QB?

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Trubiski sucks but Nagy’s play calling isn’t much better. That 3rd and 1 with Patterson was right out of the Wilks/McCoy playbook. Pace should call Miami and offer a 7th for Rosen.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The NFL as a whole cannot be pleased with that being the opening to their 100th season. Just proof that preseason games do have some value. Unless, of course, everyone is ok with watching crap football for 2-3 more weeks. Watching Trubisky brought back memories of Tom Tupa, Max Hall, and Stan Gelbaugh.
Last night's game wasn't any worse or hard to watch, than the Pats and Rams Superbowl...the last game played that counted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Sure but teams don't really play their starters in preseason

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For a storied & long tenured franchise, have the Bears ever had a great QB?
Got to go back to the 40s and Sid Luckman. Their top 5 all time passing leaders, Cutler, Luckman, Harbaugh, McMahon, Kramer.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He threw to my fantasy guy for over 100 yds. A TD would have been nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk