Week 1: Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-0) Pregame thread. 08/30/19-09/07/2019

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
9/4/19, 3:43 PM
Kyler Murray said his dad is "probably more anxious than me" about Murray's first game "Just knowing how much time and work was put in getting to this point. And, he knows it's always been a dream of mine. So, I'm sure he's just excited for me to get out there and play."

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
9/4/19, 3:37 PM
The best-case scenario for the Cardinals offensively is to have a balanced run-pass attack of 50-50, Kingsbury said.

That's the best-case scenario for almost every team in the NFL. The problem is that the Cardinals are a notoriously slow starting team that ends up in catch up pass mode. We need to come out of the tunnel with a nastier attitude on both sides of the ball.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the in the eff is Michael Crabtree ahead of Keesean Johnson I the depth chart... Don’t care about his draft hype from 8 years ago or the money they are paying him. That’s insanity. KJ has earned it and got pushed to the bench for a guy that wasn’t very good last year and has some of the worst hands in football.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My prediction is 14-30, but closer than it looks from the score. I'd imagine we go in tied at the half and fail to adjust in the second half.

But, I have my plane tickets! I'll be up at about 4:30 AM Sunday to make the trip and watch this whole thing unfold in person. Go Cards!

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How the in the eff is Michael Crabtree ahead of Keesean Johnson I the depth chart... Don’t care about his draft hype from 8 years ago or the money they are paying him. That’s insanity. KJ has earned it and got pushed to the bench for a guy that wasn’t very good last year and has some of the worst hands in football.

I'll try to answer as best I can , Crabtree earned his stripes in an Air Raid offence that made him a 1;st rnd . pick at TTU width Mike Leach at HC Grahmn at QB , his prowess there made him the 10th pick in the draft ! Did he have limited success when he was no longer in an Air-Raid offence ? Yes . Uhh . He's back in the Air - Raid now !

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like most posters, I have no idea how we'll do on Sunday. Especially on offense. But I'm looking forward to seeing how we'll do. But on defense, our success will be based on how the following four guys do:
Suggs, Jones, Hicks, and Reddick/Walker.

In order for the CB's to survive, a good pass rush is essential. And the ILB's have to play a big part in stopping the run. So I think it comes down to our four LB's. JMO.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vegas has us pegged to score 21 in this game. If we score 21 or more I will consider it progress win or lose. No clue if we fall flat on our faces or light it up or somewhere in the middle.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just found out that I am going to miss the second half due to me attending my nephews surprise birthday party.
Here's to blowing the Lions out in the first half.:cheers:
Viva la Air Raid.