OT- cuts by other teams that intrigue you. Yah! or nah!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
guys I’d pickup right now are TE Luke Wilson, WR Keeland Doss & OLB Shane Ray
Loved Shane Ray coming out of Mizzou. IIRC, Denver took him right after the Cards passed on him, or something like that.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Loved Shane Ray coming out of Mizzou. IIRC, Denver took him right after the Cards passed on him, or something like that.

i think they took him just ahead, and may even have traded up

something isnt right with Ray -- pass rushers get many chances and this will be team 3 for him

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s not gonna helps the DT or CB room or OL
Begs the question: When scanning the bottom of the waiver wire, do you use it to plug roster holes? Or do you follow the drafting philosophy of signing BPA's?

Discuss.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Begs the question: When scanning the bottom of the waiver wire, do you use it to plug roster holes? Or do you follow the drafting philosophy of signing BPA's?

Discuss.
I would say a little of both and the numbers. If we currently have 10 o- lineman and we can claim a player that improves the ILB position then our 10 th lineman could be expendable.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score

Discuss.
At this point to fill router holes. The season is starting - this is desperation mode.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i think they took him just ahead, and may even have traded up

something isnt right with Ray -- pass rushers get many chances and this will be team 3 for him
Correct, DEN traded up to the spot ahead of ARZ and took him. I really wanted Bud Dupree that year but he was taken right before Ray by PIT at #22 and we in my opinion had to go with Humphries as a fall back option. Had Dupree or Ray been there at #24 I don't think DJ is a Cardinal.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Correct, DEN traded up to the spot ahead of ARZ and took him. I really wanted Bud Dupree that year but he was taken right before Ray by PIT at #22 and we in my opinion had to go with Humphries as a fall back option. Had Dupree or Ray been there at #24 I don't think DJ is a Cardinal.

Then we could be blaming Keim for not being able to pick a LB in the first round, vs complaining that he can't pick an OT. :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Then we could be blaming Keim for not being able to pick a LB in the first round, vs complaining that he can't pick an OT. :)
Dupree has been solid albeit not spectacular for PIT (20 sacks in 4 years), he would be more of an impact player than Humphries has been.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. When healthy, DJ is a more valuable player than Depree.
Key is when he is on field, he hasn’t been consistently the last 4 years. He’s played in 27 of a possible 64 games. I would take 5.5 sacks a year over someone who is hardly on the field. Plus not having DJ as their justification maybe Keim could have gotten a better one in FA. Humphries will not be the LT in 2020 and most likely won’t be re-signed unless something takes ARZ out of Andrew Thomas / Walker Little range but I think we are picking in Top 3 next year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Key is when he is on field, he hasn’t been consistently the last 4 years. He’s played in 27 of a possible 64 games. I would take 5.5 sacks a year over someone who is hardly on the field. Plus not having DJ as their justification maybe Keim could have gotten a better one in FA. Humphries will not be the LT in 2020 and most likely won’t be re-signed unless something takes ARZ out of Andrew Thomas / Walker Little range but I think we are picking in Top 3 next year.
Walker Little is not a top 20 prospect.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are so many cut players to sift through... Keim & staff have their hands full trying to watch film on guys to claim.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...g-as-all-32-teams-cut-down-to-their-final-53/

There are a few vested veterans that could potentially help us (hopefully cheaply):

CB - Captain Munnerlyn (released by the Bills)
CB - Marcus Cooper (Jets)
CB - Orlando Scandrick (Eagles)
DE/OLB - Sam Acho (Bills)
LB - Brandon Marshall (Raiders, formerly Denver)
OL - Stefen Wisniewski (Eagles)

Waiver?
DE - John Franklin-Meyers (Rams)
ILB - Stephone Anthony (Jets) - I don't know if this guy ever played well in the NFL, but he was a high draft pick a few years ago.
LB - Eli Harold (Eagles) - same as above
CB - De'Vante Harris (Tampa Bay) ?
OT - Will Holden (Seattle) - Better than Miles?

Practice Squad QBs that could be better than Anderson/Kanoff:
QB - Kyle Lauletta (Giants)
QB - Deshone Kizer (Packers)
QB - Manny Wilkins (Packers)
QB - Paxton Lynch (Seattle)
QB - Geno Smith (Seattle)
Paxton Lynch not so much.

Broncos fan I work with was all over him .. just never got it