Quick Thoughts on the New Guys

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Bullard - some draft gurus had him late 1 or early 2. He’s a good athlete with excellent quickness. His lack of strength was a big consideration as blockers tied him up too easily. With good coaching he might be something. He looked decent in middle and outside on D-Line.

Murray - another quick guy who makes you question if he wants to put forth the effort. He can handle speed rushers okay in pass protection but is too easily beaten by a bull rusher. Can the Cards get him to do the weight room time to be a player? So far he’s passed.

Peterson - smallish corner in height and power. He has difficulty handling big receivers and very fast receivers. He is adept at playing in zone. He’s a bit of a ball hawk and does read the QB well. He’s no better than the Cards starters who I rate as weak. He’s probably best in nickel or dime zone.

Jones - a real head scratcher. Another weak guy physically. He’s a decent athlete but power rushers run over him. He can pass block a little but useless as a run blocker.

Sloter - he was a tough cut and fan favorite. He has that knack of making key plays. He won’t impress you with his raw talent but often finds a way to keep plays alive and move the sticks.

LT Toth - a real deal talent with likely a military reserve requirement to fulfill. The government has gone in circles on military academy athletes pursuing professional careers. He can run block though Army used unusual formations. He’ll have to be re-educated, but that’s likely not a problem for a nuclear engineer. Not surprisingly he’s a talented athlete who with some polishing might be a gem. Has the best upside of any of these guys.

Washington - at least this guy’s fast. He’s primarily played special teams but he was a decent defender at Fresno and could blitz a little. He played some safety in college and was a solid tackler. Perhaps they’re thinking gunner with Williams cut.

Marsh - this is a good player who plays faster than he times. He diagnoses plays well and has a good motor always plying until the whistle. He’s shown a knack for penetration but lacks a closing burst. Nonetheless he disrupts plays and causes fumbles. He’s a little of an odd fit as he seems more suited to a 4-3 DE. As an OLB he’ll struggle in pass coverage and if they flood his zone. He does bring energy to the field and is very solid on special teams.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for your insights on these players. I like the signing of Marsh. I think he can contribute.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We did what we did. You're not going to win the Lombardi Trophy on the waiver wire. I simply want Michael Bidwill to find reason to invest confidence in Kingsbury regardless of the record and be protective and supportive of Murray because the kid really can operate past just a Air Raid offense... and I said it early that Keesean is better than the rest of the rooks and actually Kirk is a dang good WR who could fulfill a number one, and when Murray takes off in his second year, do not be surprise that freaking Crabtree takes the role of Fitz (though I doubt the dude retires if he sees the potential in Kyler) :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jones was pretty good at ASU.

I was curious that the Cardinals didn't go after Christian Westerman who has been good when he's played.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL What's confusing about releasing Anderson? They're bringing in Sloter who looked much better.

3 slots open after Sloter, if I were a betting man, they are making another active roster move, and hoping to push someone down to the PS

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He’d be PS eligible and that would seem best spot. Not sure a decisions been made.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 slots open after Sloter, if I were a betting man, they are making another active roster move, and hoping to push someone down to the PS
Sounds logical.Of course, they could always re-sign Logan, Robertson and or Vallejo (if they remain unsigned) to fill out the PS

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
kinda weird

on one hand, taking 5 players off the cutdown suggests says the Cards roster needs help

on the other, four guys they waived were picked up (and another was traded for)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This has been an interesting off season for sure. Keim is like the little Dutch boy poking his fingers in the holes in the dyke and hoping it holds.

This team is in trouble again this year I'm afraid. Hopefully, they can make some moves next year when they are out of cap hell...oh, nevermind...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has been an interesting off season for sure. Keim is like the little Dutch boy poking his fingers in the holes in the dyke and hoping it holds.

This team is in trouble again this year I'm afraid. Hopefully, they can make some moves next year when they are out of cap hell...oh, nevermind...

Did you expect him to perform a miracle? This is more than a one year rebuild for any GM, and it looks like we actually have a good draft class for once.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you expect him to perform a miracle? This is more than a one year rebuild for any GM, and it looks like we actually have a good draft class for once.

Nope, didn't expect a miracle. Thanks for your response/observation.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’ get this rebuild stuff. SK has been the GM since 2013. The cap hell we are in now and weak roster is his fault.

Otherwise SK mortgaged the team’s future for the futile run in 16 and 17
This. I can’t say kiem isn’t capable of getting this right but he decisions over the pryor two years have lead us to this valley... no pun intended.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kinda weird

on one hand, taking 5 players off the cutdown suggests says the Cards roster needs help

on the other, four guys they waived were picked up (and another was traded for)
How about - in terms of roster-needs on a player to player basis - The FO felt each cut and signing represented a net gain in talent.

Of course the roster needs help or else we'd be in the Super Bowl.

Virtually every team juggles the bottom of their roster to improve their team's overall quality. (Some teams are better at this than others).

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’ get this rebuild stuff. SK has been the GM since 2013. The cap hell we are in now and weak roster is his fault.

Otherwise SK mortgaged the team’s future for the futile run in 16 and 17
Then again, Bill Bilichick likes to say that each year, he starts from scratch and rebuilds his team differently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You act like it’s Keim’s first year as gm. He built this mess.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson