Brett Toth... elite according to PFF

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

Has solid grades but being on the army team means playing vs lesser talent than the big schools.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Toth has a great work ethic and is very bright. He will pick up the nuisances of OT play but he still needs to get stronger and coming from Arby's triple read option offense, he will take a little longer to acclimate to more traditional pass blocking. He's a force in run blocking technique though

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toth has a great work ethic and is very bright. He will pick up the nuisances of OT play but he still needs to get stronger and coming from Arby's triple read option offense, he will take a little longer to acclimate to more traditional pass blocking. He's a force in run blocking technique though

Don't sell the triple read short...they have the meats

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure if they come out with a major in engineering, but, I think they do, at least, come out with a minor in it.

JustVisiting

Reaction score
Not sure if they come out with a major in engineering, but, I think they do, at least, come out with a minor in it.

Jumping in way late here to say that USMA cadets can major in lots of stuff other than engineering, and many (probably the vast majority) don't have a minor. My major was Mathematical Science and I didn't have a minor.

All cadets, regardless of major, take core courses + an engineering sequence -- the Academy calls this the "professional major." The declared major (Nuclear Engineering for Toth) is the "academic major."

Core courses include what you might expect -- 2-4 semesters of English, math, history, etc., and some that wouldn't be considered core courses elsewhere like 2 semesters each of chemistry AND physics (there is no "take at least one physical science" thing at West Point), 2 semesters each of history and military history, a semester of law, .... The engineering sequence is 4 semester classes in one of several engineering disciplines like civil, mechanical, nuclear, .... , or even cyber.

All of that required math and science means that even our English majors graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree rather than a Bachelor of Arts.