K1 at the OU opener tonight.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do.

You gotta remember. These guys gotta have no lives.

NFL, NFL, & NFL must only be on their minds.

Screw everything else.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I didn’t have a problem with it until I read the Cards have practice tomorrow morning, that is cutting it close.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It concerns me. I would rather he be studying the Lions' defense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watching the guy that replaced him have a better statistical game in his first outing than he did his entire career had to suck. And Hurts did it with four new starters on the offensive line.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Watching the guy that replaced him have a better statistical game in his first outing than he did his entire career had to suck. And Hurts did it with four new starters on the offensive line.

He can cry into those 100 dollar bills that are piled up on his California King bed in his recently purchased multi-million dollar home.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jalen Hurts about to go #1. Already put up better stats in his first game than Kyler ever did at OU.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Jalen Hurts about to go #1. Already put up better stats in his first game than Kyler ever did at OU.

Would be quite interesting if there ended up being a Hurts/Tua debate at #1 given the history there. That being said, if I'm running a franchise that needs a long-term answer in QB, I'm already starting to figure out now how to set my team up and stock pile assets over this year and next to ensure I get Trevor Lawrence over any of this upcoming year's draft guys (big wild card will be if Trevor actually decides to stay 4 years).

Oh, and this thread is 100% much ado about nothing.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is anyone concerned with that? A good friend, who’s a Browns fan, said he’s shocked by that. I basically said that K1 isn’t a douchebag like Mayfield & Manziel.
I guess everybody that attended the game should be fired from their jobs Tuesday. JEEZ get a life

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess everybody that attended the game should be fired from their jobs Tuesday. JEEZ get a life

Understand that I have no problem with K1 being there. An old school Cleveland fan friend was surprised that I wasn't concerned. I like Jalen, and I'm happy for him, but I'll still take K1.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Understand that I have no problem with K1 being there. An old school Cleveland fan friend was surprised that I wasn't concerned. I like Jalen, and I'm happy for him, but I'll still take K1.

Agreed on Hurts...good for him. Would be an amazing story if he were to beat Alabama this year for national title.

Hurts is good but nothing sticks out to me so far that says he is elite. He is big and his running style will get him "hurt" for sure. His arm is good but not great IMO. Most of his completions were within 10 yards (several WR screens).

How awesome is Oklahoma's system and Lincoln Riley?

Side note - Trevor Lawrence didn't look very good this week.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed on Hurts...good for him. Would be an amazing story if he were to beat Alabama this year for national title.

Hurts is good but nothing sticks out to me so far that says he is elite. He is big and his running style will get him "hurt" for sure. His arm is good but not great IMO. Most of his completions were within 10 yards (several WR screens).

How awesome is Oklahoma's system and Lincoln Riley?

Side note - Trevor Lawrence didn't look very good this week.

The biggest improvement I saw with OU was their D. I believe they fired their previous DC, which was completely necessary. That D put pressure on the OU offense last year to score literally every time they touched the ball. If that D is better, and it would appear they are much better, OU will be a threat to win the NC.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The biggest improvement I saw with OU was their D. I believe they fired their previous DC, which was completely necessary. That D put pressure on the OU offense last year to score literally every time they touched the ball. If that D is better, and it would appear they are much better, OU will be a threat to win the NC.

Agree generally about the D, but still too early to draw many conclusions PACardsFan. Let's see how OU does in conference play, particularity against their arch-rival Texas. That will be OU's litmus test this year.

Also, there's an OU LB you guys should keep an eye on. Kenneth Murray. Still a junior, but he might come out after this year. 6-3 240 and probably runs a 4.5 - 4.6. He's got the size and speed you need to dominate in the NFL, and his technique is finally catching up with his measurables.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

97% sure you're joking. You're too sharp to give so much weight to one game, and plus HOU's defense is terrible.

If anything stops Hurts, it might be OU's offensive line, which looked a little shaky at times last night (four new starters). Hopefully they'll stay healthy, and Bedenbough will get them playing well enough for us to win our fifth straight Big XII championship.

Nice to see Murray staying engaged with OU, and I think it speaks well of his character (to some degree). It shows he values the relationships he developed during his time there. That he can build connections, and that he has some loyalty.

As for time away from Hardy Drive? At least he's staying around football, and he's involving his ARZ teammates. Pretty healthy I'd say.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hurts doesn't have the "wow" factor of Mayfield, Murray and Tagovailoa. His deficiencies throwing the football blind people to what he can do which is to win games. It is easy to see an errant pass but not always easy to see leadership.