Waiver and FA rumors 9/1/2019

OE_Thunder

Rookie
Reaction score
Looks like we got a total of 5 players.

Cardinals and Dolphins were most active -- Each was awarded 5 players on waivers. Miami got DE Trent Harris, LB Deon Lacey, DE Avery Moss, CBs Steve Parker and Ken Webster. AZ got DE Jonathan Bullard, OTs Justin Murray and Brett Toth, DBs Charles Washington and Kevin Peterson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer

Cardinals and Dolphins were most active -- Each was awarded 5 players on waivers. Miami got DE Trent Harris, LB Deon Lacey, DE Avery Moss, CBs Steve Parker and Ken Webster. AZ got DE Jonathan Bullard, OTs Justin Murray and Brett Toth, DBs Charles Washington and Kevin Peterson.

9:44 AM - 1 Sep 2019

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Former Seahawks’ DE Cassius Marsh, a casualty in Seattle from the Jadeveon Clowney deal, is now expected to stay in the NFC West and sign with the Cardinals, per source. Marsh had 5.5 sacks and 14 QB hits last year. Would play in a rotation with Terrell Suggs and Chandler Jones.

9:25 AM - 1 Sep 2019

Good signing, solid vet for the rotation.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like we got a total of 5 players.

That means 3 players need to be cut. Who?

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
So that’s 4 claimed players and 1 signed so far? Gardeck has to be one of the first ones cut since we currently have 6 ILBS.

EDIT: 6 claimed players. With Peterson and Alford getting off the roster we have 50 players I believe.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dunno who Miguel Santana is. Could word of Polite claim be bogus?

Also - It seems like 6 or so dudes were claimed by Cards with no one new leaving. Once again - the numbers don't square.

My lame math? Or is it bogus info?

OE_Thunder

Rookie
Reaction score
Dunno who Pete Santana is. Could word of Polite claiming be bogus?

Also - It seems like 6 or so dudes were claimed by Cards with no one new leaving. Once again - the numbers don't square.

Polite claiming is bogus. Someone tweeted that he went unclaimed.

Also, no word on who has been cut yet. It will come, just take some time.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
[
Dunno who Miguel Santana is. Could word of Polite claim be bogus?

No, Cards will announce more cuts later today.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most up to date info suggests we claimed 2 OLs, a DE and 2 DBs with an edge rushing ex-Seahawk likely to be signed.

That makes 6. Someone indicated that when we adjust for Peterson, Lford etc., we'll be down to 50 and need to drop 3 more players. Gardeck (too slow) figures to be one of them. That leaves 2 to go and I don't have a clue as to whom.

Anyone know anything about the 2 DBs we claimed?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looks like if ARZ is interested in Brandon Marshall they may have some competition from NYG and BAL from what I've read. ARZ would have an advantage I feel with Joseph his former HC as his DC. Question is doe money become an issue for ARZ with cap space?

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most up to date info suggests we claimed 2 OLs, a DE and 2 DBs with an edge rushing ex-Seahawk likely to be signed.

That makes 6. Someone indicated that when we adjust for Peterson, Lford etc., we'll be down to 50 and need to drop 3 more players. Gardeck (too slow) figures to be one of them. That leaves 2 to go and I don't have a clue as to whom.

Anyone know anything about the 2 DBs we claimed?
Kevin Peterson was out last year with torn ACL. This is encouraging though - “He stood out in the Rams’ season finale in 2017, picking off Jimmy Garoppolo twice in the Rams’ loss.”
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/12/nfl-rams-kevin-peterson-torn-acl-injury-season-ending/

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Liking the Polite pick, don’t know about the others yet.

What position will Polite play in our D?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Per Darren Urban, 5 waiver claims - Jonathan Bullard (DE) and two OTs and two CBs I'm not very familiar with

edit: the OTs and Justin Murray and Brett Toth
The CBs are Charles Washington and Kevin Peterson, who it looks like have been discused above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk