Cardinals Roster Cuts [Mods]

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two human beings are out of a job and have had their dreams crushed . I don't think yay should be the word. In the light of what happened in Indy I hope these reactions happen less.
This is absolutely myself included, I am not a Rosen fan for an example but in no way should I ever hope he professionally fails and wish that despair that comes with it on him.
Of course you are right, but I have to admit to breathing a sigh of relief about no longer haviing to worry about whether RS-J would drop an easy one or have the ball stripped away or whether that Williams fella would say "Olay!" as he let still another receiver run by him.

Pro football is a harsh reality show.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Two human beings are out of a job and have had their dreams crushed . I don't think yay should be the word. In the light of what happened in Indy I hope these reactions happen less.
This is absolutely myself included, I am not a Rosen fan for an example but in no way should I ever hope he professionally fails and wish that despair that comes with it on him.

I definitely feel bad for Chad. I think Brandon has had enough time to put money aside for himself if he were smart with it.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

I think we forget these are real people with real lives and not Madden characters.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Meh.

Part of the job.

Its sports, its entertainment.

People being out of work happens every day.

Let fans be fans.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think we forget these are real people with real lives and not Madden characters.
You can say that in a lot of places in life.

Its sports, and it is talk on a message board.

These are athletes.

Yes, there hopes and dreams are dashed and need to go find work elsewhere....join the club. Now go find a job best of luck to them.

I like when players I do not like get cut.

But to each his own. I get the other opinion, just do not agree.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These are twenty something year old kids who were fortunate to realize their dream of playing professional football. They made more money that most kids their age so I don't feel sorry for them as human beings. The reason they are no longer in NFL is their own doing, they just weren't good enough. Now like all human beings they need to move on and find a career. It's not like they are in their 80's and lost their pension or can't earn a living for themselves because they can't work.

To put it in prospective, at your job you have employees or co-workers that were not doing their job, collecting a pay check but not really deserving their salary, while you and others were earning your salaries for doing your job well. Those people get let go, chances are your saying good riddance or make sure we hire someone who can pull their own weight.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cuts prove we have a trash roster. Cutting down to 51 shows it is. I have generally been of the thought that Keim is average...this is another reason I am now doubting that belief. A really bad look imo.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cutting two former third-round picks in one day is a significant demerit on Keim’s resume.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only keeping 3 corners is a concern. I know we will add another 1 or 2 in the next couple days, and Budda can always slide down to play nickle, but we might have the weakest group of corners in the league for the first 6 weeks.

It looks like we are really testing the strength in numbers theory at ILB, too. The 4 ILBs behind Hicks and Reddick would have a tough time cracking a lot of rosters.

On the brighter side, the receiver room actually looks pretty strong, and we finally have some returners on the team.

Overall, this looks like a roster severely impacted by poor drafts and way too much dead cap space. Hopefully the 2019 draft class is the start of the turnaround.
They ended up keeping 10 out of the 12 draft picks so maybe it is a good sign?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Let's hope they were smart enough to walk out of college with their degree in hand. If not they should go back and finish up and earn the degree.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Only keeping 3 corners is a concern. I know we will add another 1 or 2 in the next couple days, and Budda can always slide down to play nickle, but we might have the weakest group of corners in the league for the first 6 weeks.

It looks like we are really testing the strength in numbers theory at ILB, too. The 4 ILBs behind Hicks and Reddick would have a tough time cracking a lot of rosters.

On the brighter side, the receiver room actually looks pretty strong, and we finally have some returners on the team.

Overall, this looks like a roster severely impacted by poor drafts and way too much dead cap space. Hopefully the 2019 draft class is the start of the turnaround.

Guess I should be starting Golladay on my fantasy team this week.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Meh.

Part of the job.

Its sports, its entertainment.

People being out of work happens every day.

Let fans be fans.

Meh

That’s what Andrew Luck should think to season ticket holders who cry about his “bad timing” in deciding to retire.

I don’t agree with taking joy in someone else bad fortune.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do we digress from cuts to huge debates? If you feel that compelled to make a statement start a new thread.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
How do we digress from cuts to huge debates? If you feel that compelled to make a statement start a new thread.

Mine wasn’t the original post taking pleasure in cuts.

Making a response to the thread already started

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Meh

That’s what Andrew Luck should think to season ticket holders who cry about his “bad timing” in deciding to retire.

I don’t agree with taking joy in someone else bad fortune.
He probably does. Probably thought that before he retired, too.

Players do not care about fans.....just thier money.

Which is fine, I have no issues with that, its a business.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Commented on someone's judgement of other posters.

We digress because people call out other posters and fans instead of talking about a topic.

I guess people feel good about themselves when they do it? I have no idea.

I think the cuts for the team are done anyway.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surprise why did seals get cut? I liked him as a receving te could of helped in air raid...

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bad blocker and can't catch, useless

I would have said lack of consistency, especially for a third year player. It looks like KK will value consistency over potential, which makes me happy.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surprise why did seals get cut? I liked him as a receving te could of helped in air raid...
Rewatch the Denver game.

One signature play - Seals-Jones grabs a short pass on a seam route down the middle and drags defenders well past the first down marker where...a pursuer strips the ball for a take-away. Bundle this with S-J's propensity for "dropping the easy ones" and you begin to pick up a disturbing pattern that, sooner or later, will cost you games.