Cardinals Cuts

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Curious find me another GM that picked a David Johnson Tyrann and John Brown.

And Mason Cole who almost won the starting C spot and Zach Allen who’s looked great so far in pre season.

No one bats .1000 and like usual you guys talk just to talk
Like to talk on a sports message board!!

For shame!

Sorry officer won't happen again. Lol.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Is this a fans forum for the Cards? Cause im starting to feel like im on a opposing teams forum. The negativity and absolute dumping on this team is kinda sad. I for one am excited for the season and think we will have a good year.
It an opinion.

If you do not like it, use the ignore button.

But please add something besides your opinions of the posters on the board cause it is getting old.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm a bully LOL

And you just say whatever negative thing you want.

Borderline bully, yes.

You start most your posts with an insult or some sort of snide remark that goes after the person posting an not the subject matter.

Not to mention, you can be a dog with a bone and just do not let stuff go.

But, that be said, be you. Its a free board, use it as you please.

I just look past the insult and read your points.

At least you bring good points to the table.

Others just insult posters and bring nothing. Thank goodness for the ignore button in those cases.

I do not need to hear how so and so is a poopy head because he said the bad things about player X, or situation Y.

And you just say whatever negative thing you want.

YES! He gets to say whatever he wants!!!!! Its a public message board!!!

Holy Moly. GET A GRIP!

I get it, it is the offseason, hope springs eternal.

I do not see it, but just an opinion and could be wrong. But I will state my opinion, and others will too.

Seriously, deal with it. We all deal with the the positive posts that we feel are wrong, and do not tell people that cannot post it when they want.

Maybe step away from the keyboard, calm down a little cause that statement up there is just crazy.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fitz is an anomaly and why he will have a gold jacket one day because he seems to grow in significance the more you feed him the ball and age be damn. He's our catalyst because he leads by his actions and we finally have a QB capable of scrambling for a first down which really can take the wind out of defense on third and long :)

Top to bottom, on the field & off, the greatest Cardinal of all time. No one is close & IMO, no one ever will be. In recent years, friends who know I'm a Cardinal fan, approach me to gush about Fitz the player, and Fitz the person. Let's enjoy the player part for whatever time he has left & let's pray that he stays close to the franchise after his retirement. We are very fortunate to have had him on our team. If he had Montana & Young throwing to him his entire career, he'd have ALL the records securely tucked away.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with sdscard4 that this forum reeks of negativism.

But the homerism evident in his post is equally frustrating.

How to walk the tightrope? I'll give it a shot:

No problem calling it as you see it when it comes to team deficiencies, but after taking a legitimate shot at Keim or the coaches or specific players, there's no reason to beat dead horses. We get it. You don't like them.

But it's equally tacky to soak ourselves in Kool-Aid and confuse "fact" with "hope" because it confuses fact with reality.

That leaves me excited and hopeful about this year's Cardinals, but skeptical and cautious about how far we'll go this year.

That said - we live in a democracy, and everybody is entitled to an opinion. Just realize, though, that when you throw mudball after mudball at the team, it doesn't build anything. All it does is drag ithe team down. I dunno. Maybe the negative commentary could be best saved for the post season.

Oh well, back to football. Go Rutgers!

It's a fan forum. It's ok to have negativity at times. It's also ok to have homerism. Thick skin my friends. It's important to develop it in life. Go Cards!!!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Crazy? no. ludicrous? No

Ignorant? yes. You ignore facts that many who watched Swearinger in Washington said he had a great year after good performances with the Cardinals.

90 PFF grade last year. Ignorant? Absolutely.

Man, Krang, I just stopped responding to cheese's posts because he was so rude and unreasonable. It's too frustrating to try discuss anything with him.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man, Krang, I just stopped responding to cheese's posts because he was so rude and unreasonable. It's too frustrating to try discuss anything with him.
What in the world is happening here? This whole thing happened over massive hyperbole that Swearinger is "one of the best players on the team." He's probably an above average player, but if true, that is a bad team. The amount of time people spend defending their hyperbole lately is bizarre.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are a bad team? Well we did win THREE games last year. I'm confident that KM will make us better, but in fairness we're probably a year away from NOT being a bad team.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This is a 5 win team and nothing has made me feel different. Haven’t seen any movement on the offensive side of the ball and our defense looks worse than last year. We will see and I’ll be watching, hope I’m wrong and all this crappy play is all just smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We will flash & K1 will keep us excited this season. But, I don't think our weaknesses in the trenches will result in a playoff run. At least not this season. I hope I'm wrong & K1's abilities offset some of the O-Line issues. It's the D without both starting CB's that scares the hell out of me.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What in the world is happening here? This whole thing happened over massive hyperbole that Swearinger is "one of the best players on the team." He's probably an above average player, but if true, that is a bad team. The amount of time people spend defending their hyperbole lately is bizarre.

Not commenting on the merits of either position sir, only on the manner in which viewpoints are expressed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For sure!

Daryl Washington sucks guys! Get over yourself.

Daryl Washington was overrated by this board, had one great season and washed out of the NFL. My thoughts on Daryl Washington was a leader turned out to be prescient. Keim was unwise to choose Washington over Dansby in his prime.

LOL waving Daryl Washington around proudly. Hilarious.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw this thread had 8 pages and thought maybe we cut the whole team. Instead, I found grown men calling other grown men bullies over internet comments. Lol. No wonder our country can’t win a war and our youth need safe spaces and time outs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Borderline bully, yes.

You start most your posts with an insult or some sort of snide remark that goes after the person posting an not the subject matter.

Not to mention, you can be a dog with a bone and just do not let stuff go.

But, that be said, be you. Its a free board, use it as you please.

I just look past the insult and read your points.

At least you bring good points to the table.

Others just insult posters and bring nothing. Thank goodness for the ignore button in those cases.

I do not need to hear how so and so is a poopy head because he said the bad things about player X, or situation Y.

YES! He gets to say whatever he wants!!!!! Its a public message board!!!

Holy Moly. GET A GRIP!

I get it, it is the offseason, hope springs eternal.

I do not see it, but just an opinion and could be wrong. But I will state my opinion, and others will too.

Seriously, deal with it. We all deal with the the positive posts that we feel are wrong, and do not tell people that cannot post it when they want.

Maybe step away from the keyboard, calm down a little cause that statement up there is just crazy.

Saying a post is ignorant isn't insulting.

There are topics I am ignorant about. If you bring up the Philadelphia Flyers, I'd be pretty damn ignorant.

I believe a number of posters on this board ARE ignorant in regards to Swearinger. PFF grade of 90. Pro Bowl alternate. Real good player, they say he is average, but two facts demonstrate otherwise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I saw this thread had 8 pages and thought maybe we cut the whole team. Instead, I found grown men calling other grown men bullies over internet comments. Lol. No wonder our country can’t win a war and our youth need safe spaces and time outs.

LOL we can win wars, but we don't want to fight a war where depopulation is the only winning method.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Too bad we don't have a Hall of Shame. This thread belongs in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Definitely makes sense to have a new thread.

That said, there's nothing more annoying than the people who are uncomfortable with anyone saying bad things about the team. Go look at the record prediction thread... most of us don't think we're going to do anything. Most of the media says we're bad. I'm honestly not sure what to tell the people who just want us to crap sunshine and rainbows when we're coming off the worst season we've ever had. Maybe create a "positive thoughts only" thread? I wouldn't post in it, but I would read it, with the hope the lightsiders are right.

No one here wants this team to be bad. But short of going to Twitter and ranting to ourselves/the Cardinals account/Kent Somers, where are we supposed to voice our frustrations?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

That said, there's nothing more annoying than the people who are uncomfortable with anyone saying bad things about the team. Go look at the record prediction thread... most of us don't think we're going to do anything. Most of the media says we're bad. I'm honestly not sure what to tell the people who just want us to crap sunshine and rainbows when we're coming off the worst season we've ever had. Maybe create a "positive thoughts only" thread? I wouldn't post in it, but I would read it, with the hope the lightsiders are right.

No one here wants this team to be bad. But short of going to Twitter and ranting to ourselves/the Cardinals account/Kent Somers, where are we supposed to voice our frustrations?

I don't disagree, but my point was that there ARE good players on this team.

Swearinger is objectively a good player. And some are saying he is average. They are just being pessimists.

The Cardinals WILL struggle to go 6-10, but Swearinger is part of the solution, not part of the problem.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I also think it’s annoying than the people who are uncomfortable with anyone saying good things about the team. Having to give their “but” input on absolutely everything.

A middle ground is good. That’s how I am or at least want to be.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but my point was that there ARE good players on this team.

Swearinger is objectively a good player. And some are saying he is average. They are just being pessimists.

The Cardinals WILL struggle to go 6-10, but Swearinger is part of the solution, not part of the problem.
I agree on Swearinger. He's not an all-star, but certainly the last thing I'm looking to complain about on the roster.

I also think it’s annoying than the people who are uncomfortable with anyone saying good things about the team. Having to give their “but” input on absolutely everything.

A middle ground is good. That’s how I am or at least want to be.
You and I have had our battles over the past few months. You don't stand out to me as someone with too many incredibly hot takes though.

I only "but" on things I think are extreme stances and too wildly optimistic. To me there's a large difference between "this team is going to the playoffs" and "I hope this team is going to the playoffs." A lot of the Kyler hyperbole has softened in the past few weeks, along with some of the expectations, which has made it a lot more of an enjoyable experience for me, and a lot less likely to want to argue with anyone. It seems like most of us are ready to weather a bit of a storm but look for positives throughout, which is all I personally wanted as a "darksider."

(Also only continuing this conversation under the assumption we have all realized this thread isn't about cuts anymore, haha.)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 interceptions as a strong safety is an impact player.

for ONE SEASON, as opposed to being average the entirety of the rest of his career where he's been on 5 different teams in 5 years.

If the NFL only started existing in 2018, you'd be right. But you're completely ignoring the rest of the guy's career where he's been deemed expendable repeatedly after one season by numerous teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose