Jadeveon Clowney

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cant do it with our current cap situation and he's going to command a boatload of money.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Is that Jonathan Cooper?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a horrible freaking pick

Again. Right pick to make, considered a blue chip can’t miss prospect one of the safer picks to make in that whole draft. One of the best guards to come out in years. Hindsight is 20/20.

Look at the guys drafted in back of him. They all sucked. One of the worst drafts I’ve ever seen at the top

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Again. Right pick to make, considered a blue chip can’t miss prospect one of the safer picks to make in that whole draft. One of the best guards to come out in years. Hindsight is 20/20.

Look at the guys drafted in back of him. They all sucked. One of the worst drafts I’ve ever seen at the top

I bet he would have been a killer pick if he just didn't break his leg in preseason.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cant do it with our current cap situation and he's going to command a boatload of money.

Right now you are right, but tomorrow (or in an hour for that matter) you could be wrong. It is very easy to free up cap space, especially with this CBA, where they are working with a “soft cap” which basically means that the amount of free cap space goes up a great deal every year. In the last six year the available cap space has risen with more than 10 millions every year, and all in all it has risen more 68 million since this CBA-period started. This means that teams can plan around the expectation that the cap number increases.

There is at least two full seasons before a new CBA is agreed upon, and it is almost unthinkable that they will suddenly decrease the amount of cap space available – in other words, contracts agreed upon now will not be much of a problem at that time.

Cap space is way overrated. It has not been a problem for many years, and it is not a problem now.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Texans have spoken with 5 teams regarding Clowney. Cards not one of them. I would like to see him go to the Jets

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Harry says the Cardinals can't afford him.

However lets not over pay for a player who doesn't love to play football. I could see this cat cashing in and just mailing it in for the rest of his career.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now you are right, but tomorrow (or in an hour for that matter) you could be wrong. It is very easy to free up cap space, especially with this CBA, where they are working with a “soft cap” which basically means that the amount of free cap space goes up a great deal every year. In the last six year the available cap space has risen with more than 10 millions every year, and all in all it has risen more 68 million since this CBA-period started. This means that teams can plan around the expectation that the cap number increases.

There is at least two full seasons before a new CBA is agreed upon, and it is almost unthinkable that they will suddenly decrease the amount of cap space available – in other words, contracts agreed upon now will not be much of a problem at that time.

Cap space is way overrated. It has not been a problem for many years, and it is not a problem now.

He is making almost $16M this year in pure salary. The Cardinals have maybe $3M in cap space. There is no way they could make this work and keep him happy. He is not going to play for peanuts this year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isnt he a 3-4 OLB?

I mean, he would be a longer term answer than suggs but I dont see why we would go drop tons of money bolstering a bolstered position when we have major deficiencies.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And when we traded David, WE'D need a RB.

Key issue - has D Johnson been misused but can be straightened out?

Or is he "over?"

To give up too early on him would be an example of roster-malpractice.

I agree. I just posted on a whim because the thought crossed my mind and it was bright and shiny...I forgot it pretty quick when the next bright and shiny thingy came along...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave