O-line Answer

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
A couple people have asked for an early impression of next year’s O-line draft prospects. I think it will be stronger at tackle than the pundits are saying. I currently see 5 guys who could go round 1.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A couple people have asked for an early impression of next year’s O-line draft prospects. I think it will be stronger at tackle than the pundits are saying. I currently see 5 guys who could go round 1.

The pundits are saying this is the best oline draft in probably over a decade. :shrug:

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The pundits are saying this is the best oline draft in probably over a decade. :shrug:

CBS has 2 OTs in round 1 and only 1 more in the top 50.
Walter Football has 2 in round 1
Bleacher Report has 3
I haven’t seen every mock out there, but 2-3 is the typical number. I’m saying 5. There may be someone else saying 5 but the majority with whom I’ve talked say average round 1

Which pundits are calling this the best O-line draft in a decade? I’m not saying some aren’t, I’m just not hearing as much enthusiasm as I have.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bleacher Report has 3
I haven’t seen every mock out there, but 2-3 is the typical number. I’m saying 5. There may be someone else saying 5 but the majority with whom I’ve talked say average round 1

Which pundits are calling this the best O-line draft in a decade? I’m not saying some aren’t, I’m just not hearing as much enthusiasm as I have.
I tend to agree with you. If two guys are good enough to go early in round one then teams will get desperate to draft an OT before the talent pool gets too thin. That means guys will go in round one who would normally go in two or three...... and thats just OT's... some guard will shoot up draft boards before april and some team seems to always take a center early these days.
could see five or six olinemen going in round one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bleacher Report has 3

Matt Miller I think was that if I remember correctly. Trey Adams is like the 3rd or 4th best tackle in this draft and his linemate McGary was just a 1st rounder and Adams is significantly better than he is.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I would put that on top of the list of Card's needs.
The defense and offensive lines should have been number 1 for years now. The fancy Qb, Wr, and Rb positions are absolutely nothing without the big uglies up front

Likewise the Lb, and secondary are a lot less without good or dominant D linemen up front

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The defense and offensive lines should have been number 1 for years now the fancy Qb, Wr, and Rb positions are absolutely nothing without the big uglies up front

Likewise the Lb, and secondary are a lot less without good or dominant D linemen up front
I'm with ya, On-line at our number 6 pick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave