OT - Andrew Luck retires

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow that is shocking.... ive always liked luck shame on injuries

Colts fans are clasless bunch of losers with no heart booing luck lets see then get hit and hit and injured and still have the passion to play....

Wish best of luck to luck lol and if he decides to return next yr hope he gets on a better team.

Lol in my money lg my bro drafted luck.... he is beyond pisseed right now but he does have rivers and Murray lol.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the game here when the fans CHEERED Kent Graham getting injured because Plummer would play. Fans treating players badly for getting hurt is as low as it gets. How many times is Luck supposed to take the needle and get back out there?

Andrew Luck especially. He has a lot to offer the world beyond football. Lots of NFL guys, football is their only talent. Luck is literally genius IQ.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Pot meet kettle. If the savior km went back into baseball after a couple of unsuccessful years here, you’d have the same reaction here.
If KM has a couple unsuccessful years here, he’d be booed long before leaving for baseball.

Luck excelled though awful conditions in Indy, including leading the second-biggest comeback in playoff history. Booing a great player off the field when he makes a personal choice is classless.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IND's OL is actually pretty good.

LT - Costanzo
LG - Nelson
C - Kelly
RG - Glowinski
RT - Smith

Nelson & Smith made All Rookie First Team, Glowinski had a breakout year, Kelly and Costanzo solidify the 2 most important OL positions (LT & C).

Now it is should have been 5 years ago. Like I said to little to late the damage has been done

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Pot meet kettle. If the savior km went back into baseball after a couple of unsuccessful years here, you’d have the same reaction here.
If km Had the type of injuries that Andrew luck has had... I wouldn't blame him at all for going to baseball. Having a couple unsuccessful years in the NFL, but not injury plagued, would give me a different reaction if he decided to go to baseball. You can't compare the two.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If KM has a couple unsuccessful years here, he’d be booed long before leaving for baseball.

Luck excelled though awful conditions in Indy, including leading the second-biggest comeback in playoff history. Booing a great player off the field when he makes a personal choice is classless.

Quitting 2 weeks before a season after working class people have already shelled out thousands of dollars for tickets is pretty classless as well. I don’t care how nice the guy is or how badly hes been screwed by an inept front office. I absolutely feel for his injuries and I actually have zero issue with the decision to retire, but the timing is aloof at best. Andrew Luck had more money than most fans who paid his salary before he even stepped onto an NFL field. He is the epitome of privilege. He is by all accounts a great human being but the fans have every right to be pissed when these guys aren’t richer than god without them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Quitting 2 weeks before a season after working class people have already shelled out thousands of dollars for tickets is pretty classless as well. I don’t care how nice the guy is or how badly hes been screwed by an inept front office. I absolutely feel for his injuries and I actually have zero issue with the decision to retire, but the timing is aloof at best. Andrew Luck had more money than most fans who paid his salary before he even stepped onto an NFL field. He is the epitome of privilege. He is by all accounts a great human being but the fans have every right to be pissed when these guys aren’t richer than god without them.

His health is on the line.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He’s physically and mentally done. I think it would’ve been more selfish had he not said anything and gone thru the motions until next offseason. When it’s time it’s time.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His health is on the line.

So what? He knew that at the end of last season. He knew it before the draft. He knew it before free agency. Most importantly he knew it before fans spent thousands of dollars to see him play. Like I said the decision makes sense, the timing is absolutely awful. I suppose there could be something he isn’t disclosing health wise but frankly I don’t see him as someone who would hide something.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s physically and mentally done. I think it would’ve been more selfish had he not said anything and gone thru the motions until next offseason. When it’s time it’s time.

Yeah I suppose that is a fair point, but I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that he waited until he got this close to the season. It’s crazy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So what? He knew that at the end of last season. He knew it before the draft. He knew it before free agency. Most importantly he knew it before fans spent thousands of dollars to see him play. Like I said the decision makes sense, the timing is absolutely awful. I suppose there could be something he isn’t disclosing health wise but frankly I don’t see him as someone who would hide something.
And he was probably willing to just tough it out up until the point where he finally made the call to retire. Being in constant pain for 4 years now finally caught up to him and it just so happened to be 2 weeks before the season that he had finally had enough. I highly doubt the timing was intentional.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug Gottlieb on twitter called Luck retiring because rehabbing was too hard "the most milennial thing ever."

And Torrey Smith responded "you stole credit cards because working was too hard."

Its' like Gottlieb just forgets every now and then and needs to be bitch slapped by people. The guy at Notre Dame stole credit cards from a guy living in the same dorm(not the same room) as him, and USED them. He bought stuff at a sporting goods store. He got expelled but ND kept it quiet(Privacy) so Gottlieb then publicly told the LA Times he transferred because ND couldn't offer him what he wanted. Some student at ND got tired of him bashing them so he wrote a story revealing the truth, got in trouble, but then Gottlieb went radio silent for awhile before issuing an apology.

Everytime someone calls him on it he has a tantrum, that was years ago I've apologized, move on, and then he trashes another athlete.

Thank you Torrey Smith, the NFL should give you part of Luck's remaining salary as bonus for putting Gottlieb in his place

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose that is a fair point, but I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that he waited until he got this close to the season. It’s crazy.

Luck said he was going to address the team tomorrow. My guess is someone with the Colts was butthurt and leaked it to Shefter during a game where he was on the sideline. Then he’s forced to say a few words when he didn’t expect to. You can’t put it past Jim Irsay.

Luck being in and out of the lineup throughout the year would’ve been tough as well. Just a crappy situation all around.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Doug Gottlieb on twitter called Luck retiring because rehabbing was too hard "the most milennial thing ever."

And Torrey Smith responded "you stole credit cards because working was too hard."

Its' like Gottlieb just forgets every now and then and needs to be bitch slapped by people. The guy at Notre Dame stole credit cards from a guy living in the same dorm(not the same room) as him, and USED them. He bought stuff at a sporting goods store. He got expelled but ND kept it quiet(Privacy) so Gottlieb then publicly told the LA Times he transferred because ND couldn't offer him what he wanted. Some student at ND got tired of him bashing them so he wrote a story revealing the truth, got in trouble, but then Gottlieb went radio silent for awhile before issuing an apology.

Everytime someone calls him on it he has a tantrum, that was years ago I've apologized, move on, and then he trashes another athlete.

Thank you Torrey Smith, the NFL should give you part of Luck's remaining salary as bonus for putting Gottlieb in his place

He tried playing it off on sarcasm but he should know better than that. Gottlieb was already un-likable and basically Cowherd’s mini-me. Colin has his moments but he’s smarter than doing something like that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't buy the sarcasm bit at all. I think he legitimately forgets he did one of the most embarassing and ******* things, got caught, lied about it, got caught lying about it and he just can't seem to grasp why people still don't like him.

Stop taking cheap shots at athletes for doing things that pale in comparison from a scholarship athlete from a wealthy family stealing from a fellow college athlete.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
They should have immediately bet the under once the news broke. That could have been their hedge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oh, won’t someone think of the FANS (who booed him off the field)????

Give me a break.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So those working class people only care about 1 of the 53? That's a lame argument. They were fans before Luck and will surely be fans after.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luck has way more to offer the world than playing in the NFL. he is turning down 10s of millions of dollars. It ain't coming out of the working man's pocket. Yes, he got a lot of guaranteed money in his last deal. If you know anything about NFL economics that is largely TV money and nothing from the working man.

Luck doesn't owe those fans a damn thing. He seriously broke his body for them. They did nothing but cheer and clap. He owes them NOTHING.

if Fitz retires tonight, I will say exactly the same thing.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL fans should be grateful for guys like Fitz and Luck playing this game. Period. Instead of all the ho' slapping, drug taking and idiot morons, who cant think their way out of a paper sack, selfish, self glorifying douche bags who tend to be the face of the NFL.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally , I hope the Colts fans have to wander for 40 years in a playoff-less desert for how they reacted.

I hope they are plagued with a barren desert of quality free agent signings for how they reacted.

Any fans of any other NFL teams who are critical of a man placing his own health and well being above the game of football...well I won't say what I hope for you because, quite frankly, it is mean spirited at best and downright evil at worst.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose