The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isaiah Canaan signs with China team.

Keith Smith‏Verified account @KeithSmithNBA

Isaiah Canaan has signed with Shandong in China. Canaan played for the Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns last season.

2:08 PM - 22 Aug 2019

So he really isn't nba material, i wonder who kept him around the Suns org and even had him starting for us??? Seriously thank you James Jones for turning the roster over.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sources: Lakers planning individual workouts to evaluate centers Joakim Noah, Dwight Howard and Mo Speights this week in Los Angeles. Another consideration currently overseas: Marcin Gortat.

2013 called, they want their journeyman centers back.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA and Kings have finished their investigation into the sexual assault allegations involving Luke Walton. They say there is insufficient evidence to act on it. The victim held a press conference today and is suing Walton.

Here is a link to the NBA's comments about insufficient evidence.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/stor...ton-kings-investigation-insufficient-evidence

And here is a link to the accuser's story and press conference.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lake...exual-assault-allegations-20190423-story.html

She said she never reported the assault to her employers or the police. This seems sketchy all around but she's pressing on anyway.

Here's a link to a story mentioning that the police were never alerted of this "assault".

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...nta-monica-police-20190423-story.html#getslug

This isn't something I'd want hanging over our head coach going into the season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Australia beats team USA 98-94.

For the first time in nearly 13 years, a U.S. roster of NBA players played an international game -- and lost. Patty Mills scored 30 points, and Australia rallied from a 10-point deficit in the second half to stun the Americans 98-94 and snap a 78-game U.S. winning streak that started with the bronze-medal game at the 2006 world championships.

Aron Baynes left the floor with his head back, screaming in celebration as he slapped hands with delirious countrymen. Ingles and Andrew Bogut grabbed their kids and brought them onto the floor for a look.

Bogut scored 16 points, Ingles had 15 and Baynes scored 13 for the Australians.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/baske...australia-stuns-team-usa-snaps-78-game-streak

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grizzlies recoup $2.6 million by Howard signing with Lakers. This works out well for Memphis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuzma will miss the FIBA World Cup due to reported left ankle injury.

The roster is finalized at 12 players:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27453179/team-usa-loses-kuzma-ankle-finalizes-roster

This is one of the weakest U.S. rosters I can remember.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuzma will miss the FIBA World Cup due to reported left ankle injury.

The roster is finalized at 12 players:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27453179/team-usa-loses-kuzma-ankle-finalizes-roster

This is one of the weakest U.S. rosters I can remember.

It does look like a team though. They were chosen by Popovich also. I know on paper they aren't going to scare anyone but I look to forward to seeing some games that matter. Popovich will need to make more adjustments than he did against Australia. I think he might have been glad they lost that one though. It allows him to push his system and message a little more.

Another thing I think we'll see is how Boston will look this year. Kemba buying into Pop's system will be an indicator of how he will look in Stevens system and with Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Marcus Smart, they will almost be able to run a full Celtics lineup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does look like a team though. They were chosen by Popovich also. I know on paper they aren't going to scare anyone but I look to forward to seeing some games that matter. Popovich will need to make more adjustments than he did against Australia. I think he might have been glad they lost that one though. It allows him to push his system and message a little more.

Another thing I think we'll see is how Boston will look this year. Kemba buying into Pop's system will be an indicator of how he will look in Stevens system and with Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Marcus Smart, they will almost be able to run a full Celtics lineup.

If any coach can win the FIBA World Cup with this team, Popovich can.

However, it's disconcerting that the U.S. was not able to assemble more top talent for the team not taking anything away from the players on the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caris LaVert agrees to 3 year, $52.5 million extension with Nets.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Brooklyn Nets guard Caris LeVert has agreed to a three-year, $52.5 million contract extension, league sources tell ESPN. LeVert turns 25 today.

7:53 PM - 25 Aug 2019

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In a redraft, where would he be taken (was 20th)? 4th, behind Simmons, Murray, and Brown? Would Ingram still go ahead of him?

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Siakam and Brogdan were both in that draft, they’d be top 4.

I think Ingram sucks.
Oh, I missed Siakam! Definitely after him. Not so sure about Brogdan - we'll see how he does with a bigger role.
I too think Ingram is quite overrated, or "over-perceived".

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bobby Marks
@BobbyMarks42

·
4m

The contract that Dwight Howard will sign in LAL is called a “summer contract” because it has $0 salary protection (comparable to Anthony Bennett in Houston). Howard will earn $14,490 for every day he is on the roster. The per day clock will start on Oct. 21.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure. Wilt was a load. That also takes away the endurance, hard work, and touch that Kareem put into his career. Hakeem was super gifted, too!

I was a huge fan of Kareem and Hakeem as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA