I have a question for you

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Isabella was drafted in the sixth round, who would win the roster spot right now, Byrd or Isabella? Probably Byrd, and this is why I am completely digging Keesean Johnson for taking control of his own destiny

And that Isabella pick was loved by pretty much everyone at the time. The draft is a flat out crap shoot anyone who tells you different is full of it.

Now it’s way way to early to give up on Isabella

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And that Isabella pick was loved by pretty much everyone at the time. The draft is a flat out crap shoot anyone who tells you different is full of it.

Now it’s way way to early to give up on Isabella

I was scratching my head big time with that pick but I agree it's too early to give up on him

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Why would you scratch your head big time at getting your new QB some weapons and probably the best take the top off WR in the draft?

I did not a see a guy who looked like a one trick pony vertical threat from a small school as what I would risk a second round pick is why

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Let's be clear, I do not hate the pick but how early the pick was taken made me ponder these guys trying to get a roster spot. Byrd has outplayed him as a complete WR and Byrd has the speed to take the top off a defense too. Just made me think how some guys do not have much room for error while some guys drafted early get the benefit of the doubt

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did not a see a guy who looked like a one trick pony vertical threat from a small school as what I would risk a second round pick is why

He went to UMASS. I wouldn’t call that a small school at all.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If Isabella was drafted in the sixth round, who would win the roster spot right now, Byrd or Isabella? Probably Byrd, and this is why I am completely digging Keesean Johnson for taking control of his own destiny

Wow. Tough question.

This is Byrd's fourth year in the league, he's been coached up a lot, where as Isabella has not, and that's what would really make me think long and hard about sending Andy packing.

Dammit Jetstream. We need a legit home run threat, and AI's got the speed. He's not JJ Nelson #2 yet!

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Jesus. Can't even get a chance when he got injured and catching up in pre season in his rookie year and had a great touchdown already

Will give a fair assessment of him when the season actually starts

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Wow. Tough question.

This is Byrd's fourth year in the league, he's been coached up a lot, where as Isabella has not, and that's what would really make me think long and hard about sending Andy packing.

Dammit Jetstream. We need a legit home run threat, and AI's got the speed. He's not JJ Nelson #2 yet!
:)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
From Senior Bowl week. Isabella's issues are not new. Is not a natural hands catcher. Was not efficient in his movement in his routes. Dude is fast. Dude is small. The only reason I don't absolutely hate the pick is that elite speed is good to have on a roster and Isabella has it.

Pass on Isabella. Hart is showing out so far.

If you want a nice mid round steal for the o line, look at Chuma Edoga USC. He reminds me a ton of Terron Armstead when the Saints took him in round 3. Smooth athlete with good size who just needed to add a bit of physicality to his game at LT.

I have watched, and even if someone liked his effort while getting beat like a drum, Bradbury isn't a top performer on the week. It is a good thing Isabella didn't get it, it would have bounced right off his hands.

Isabella is getting more hype than he really has earned at the Senior Bowl. Hart has shown that he does what Isabella does, but way better. That doesn't mean Isabella is a bad player, but his grade should not be impacted by his performance this week.

There are 15 WRs in this draft I like better than Isabella.

He looks like him but he is not nearly as efficient as a mover as Welker, and has not shown me the hands. Can he play...probably. Would I take him in the top 100...nope.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus. Can't even get a chance when he got injured and catching up in pre season in his rookie year and had a great touchdown already

Will give a fair assessment of him when the season actually starts

Hey hey hey that kind of logic has no place here.

The kid is obviously a bum another wasted pick by our drunk GM.

See that? Be more like that. Everybody is such in a rush to be right or get the chance to say I told you so the second you see a rookie even think about struggling it just jumps to extremes.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why is this already a decision? Why are you guys already saying "not giving up on him yet"? He had a great touchdown last game and was wide open for another(was over thrown) today. Not sure why this was posted...

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wasnt he the pick we got for overthrosen? Hes already more NFL ready than him. I think we will be having lots of wow moments with this kid.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Why is this already a decision? Why are you guys already saying "not giving up on him yet"? He had a great touchdown last game and was wide open for another(was over thrown) today. Not sure why this was posted...

I am skeptical of his early selection in the 2nd round more than his actual drafting, but that is not the basis of the contemplation but what that can entail. This post I think is relevant about how draft position affords a player more time at the expense of maybe another player by the value of draft position for better or worse. Sometimes the gamble pays off and sometimes it does not. It's about looking towards the degree of patience a team has with a guy, especially when a position group as our WRs is loaded with prospects with potential but you also have a more developed prospect like Byrd when production is crucial for a giving a young QB a chance to become a franchise QB
Take Butler who is drafted mid round and not really a disposable round, where a slight injury might be an excuse to IR him a whole season to adhere to the value you thought you had on him. The Keesean Johnsons of the league do not have that advantage and when guys like that do not produce early to buffer their chances, they like Isabella might too have been great if they where privy to the same approach or have to fight like hell like UFA's like Trent Shefield to have success
It's not about giving up on Isabella, as much as giving up on other players due to where a team drafts a guy and how even fans then defend their viability... would that lone TD of Isabella be enough to make the team if he was drafted round six or not drafted at all

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The reasons Isabella is going to make the team are because he’s a second round pick and a part of the Josh Rosen trade.

That’s it.

Byrd has considerably outplayed him and I’m not sure Byrd is going to make the team.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Saw that Butler's injury is being diagnosed as a slight injury. I'm not a doctor, but I've read that a slight injury is one that happens to someone else.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose