Preseason week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings GameDay Thread. 08/24/19

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The ripping is deserved. This team hasn't been successful in any one on one matchups. They're gonna need to rely heavily on scheme, to have a shot of winning anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Game planning or not...scheming or not...the Cards have simply been getting dominated at the point of attack since 2017. Time to man up.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I tell you what I would do today if I was the coach of the Cardinals on offense, I would leave David Johnson out there for one series and then pull him and put in Strickland or Hills to run with the first team. I would tell DJ it's a smart precaution to keep him healthy for the regular season, but what my intent really would be is lighting a fire under his ass, because those two backs are bangers who might get more yards than him at the moment with the way he has been running nonchalantly. Strickland or Hills will not care if the OL sucks, they could get yards on pure aggression... let Johnson see that, let him know he's not all that till he shows it again

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tell you what I would do today if I was the coach of the Cardinals on offense, I would leave David Johnson out there for one series and then pull him and put in Strickland or Hills to run with the first team. I would tell DJ it's a smart precaution to keep him healthy for the regular season, but what my intent really would be is lighting a fire under his ass, because those two backs are bangers who might get more yards than him at the moment with the way he has been running nonchalantly. Strickland or Hills will not care if the OL sucks, they could get yards on pure aggression... let Johnson see that, let him know he's not all that till he shows it again

Instead of lying to him and telling him it is a precaution, how about we treat him like a man, tell him his running has been for crap and we are auditioning other backs with the first team?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
That's a nice stadium...not as nice as ours...but it is nice

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nice stadium but there are shadows all over the field.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m getting a little worried we can’t move the ball downfield . Other rookie QBs like Daniel Jones have been moving the ball up and down the field . Im not saying it’s Kylers fault but damn come on...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I’m getting a little worried we can’t move the ball downfield . Other rookie QBs like Daniel Jones have been moving the ball up and down the field . Im not saying it’s Kylers fault but damn come on...
This team may be just as bad as last season.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This whole, “we’re not going to show anything” is just an accurate description of their current performance. It BS to me, you can’t just work the offense when season starts...get something going now.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's a nice stadium...not as nice as ours...but it is nice

We went to the regular season game there last year, and in the flesh, I was disappointed. The concourses are WAY too narrow, with choke points everywhere, and also there were not nearly enough restrooms. Long lines for all food & drink too. Otherwise, looks fabulous - but functionally, some real head scratcher design decisions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose