Brandon Williams Has a Chance to Make the Roster

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Housler was a Graves pick.

I remember local radio after the draft had (IIRC)Howard Schnellenberger (FAU's HC at the time) to talk about Housler

usually college HCs gush over their guys. Instead, Howard was pretty non-committal on Rob -- stuff like "he has a chance to develop into a player"

im thinking -- chance to develop?!?! Oh no...…...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were Niklas and Adams drafted the same year? Same pool of available talent? Same position strengths and weakneses on both teams? Two dudes have parallel injury tendencies?

They are listed in draft order. We took Niklas and the next pick is a superstar.

It's has actually happened with a startling frequency with the Cardinals when you look at their draft history.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point made, but there have literally been thousands of similar comparisons in the NFL that could be made over my tenure as a Cardinal fan.

It's probably just my bias as a Cardinals fan thinking we have a larger amount of issues like this than other teams.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that would make you feel better/different. Graves wasn’t from a scouting background; he was a league insider type.

Keim prides himself on his scouting acumen. It’s one of the reasons he has the job—the credit he got/took for the Fitz draft class that propelled us to the Super Bowl plus wanting Cutler over Leinart.
Has anyone put together a comparison of each team's hits, misses and meh batting averages for, say 5 years' worth of drafts.

What I'm driving at is: Everyone is pot-shotting Keim for drafting a bust at such or such spot in the draft. Fair enough, but how does that stack up against the League Average, our division rivals, 5-best drafting teams etc.?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose