OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
GM Steve Keim: Kyler Murray Needs To Play, But Keep Him Safe
Steve Keim was blunt Friday morning. The General Manager has a number of things he wants to see out of rookie quarterback Kyler Murray Saturday in Minnesota, and he knows Murray will play the most he'll play in the preseason. But does Keim want to see Murray come out after halftime and play a series in the third quarter?

"No," Keim said with a chuckle during his appearance on the "Doug and Wolf" show on 98.7, Arizona's Sports Station. Also, Keim said, "I prefer he not run a lot."

There are no official limitations on Murray (such as "don't run ever") in preseason. Still, there is a hold-the-breath angle to all this, underscored when Keim and everyone else say Panthers quarterback Cam Newton go down with an injury on a sack Friday night (early reports say Newton sprained an ankle.) That's what the Cardinals can't afford to have happen. "But you've also got to play football," Keim acknowledged, and for Murray, who is still learning the game, he is not experienced enough in the NFL to afford to sit out the preseason. So the Cards will get him his needed reps, and hope nothing bad happens.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/gm-steve-keim-kyler-murray-needs-to-play-but-keep-him-safe

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Urban thought today was Saaturday. He mentioned the Cam injury happened "Friday night" and the SK quote as "Friday morning". I doubt SK already spoke to the press this morning.

And I was getting ready for the game to start in an hour. :D

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ESPN’s Barnwell watching potential success of Air Raid, Murphy in Arizona
The Arizona Cardinals’ expectations are in a weird spot for the 2019 season.

With concerns mounting by the day on the play of key units like the offensive line, defensive line and secondary, the Cardinals appear to be trending toward being on the worst teams in the league for the second year in a row.

But don’t let that confuse you with the insurmountable buzz around the team and excitement to see No. 1 overall pick Kyler Murray in Kliff Kingsbury’s system.
https://arizonasports.com/story/205...ential-success-of-air-raid-murphy-in-arizona/

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Urban thought today was Saaturday. He mentioned the Cam injury happened "Friday night" and the SK quote as "Friday morning". I doubt SK already spoke to the press this morning.

Keim did talk about Cam injury at 8am on Doug & Wolf. Cam injury happened Thursday night obviously so that's where he messed up