Devin Booker off season 2019

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker looks healthy, for a change. He looks like he's handling the ball better and his footwork is on point. He had problems with both of those things last year because of his hand and hamstring. Even with those injuries he managed to average 26 a game. We could see him drop 30 ppg without much issue if he's able to stay healthy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker looks healthy, for a change. He looks like he's handling the ball better and his footwork is on point. He had problems with both of those things last year because of his hand and hamstring. Even with those injuries he managed to average 26 a game. We could see him drop 30 ppg without much issue if he's able to stay healthy.

I hope this is something he's doing off and on during the summer and he isn't going hard, IMO a part of his injury problems is how hard he pushes himself in the off season. He has no recovery time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker led the league in double teams faced last season, seeing doubles 11.9% of the time. #2 was Damian Lillard with 11.3%, and Harden at 3 with 8.8%. I'm not that surprised Booker led but I am surprised by the margin in which he led, seeing doubles a good amount more than Harden and everyone not named Damian Lillard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Booker led the league in double teams faced last season, seeing doubles 11.9% of the time. #2 was Damian Lillard with 11.3%, and Harden at 3 with 8.8%. I'm not that surprised Booker led but I am surprised by the margin in which he led, seeing doubles a good amount more than Harden and everyone not named Damian Lillard.

I wasn't really surprised because he was our full-time Point Guard
AND our best Shooting Guard. On a last place team with no real
offensive threat around him. Who else did they have to worry
about guarding?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

James Jones has done almost everything he can to ensure Booker doesn't face as many double teams again this season with the addition of shooters and much improved point guard play.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the numbers booker has been putting up now with a better supporting cast, I can only hope he's more efficient. More efficient leading to less wear and tear, translating to more scoring and better health for the season. I love the attitude though.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Funny the haters did not notice his comment about playing hard because he had not made the playoffs yet.....

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

If he’s dropping 30 ppg, the suns aren’t winning...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
If he’s dropping 30 ppg, the suns aren’t winning...
If he does it as a Shooting Guard, that's what
he's getting paid to do.

If he does it running the Point, you're right.

There is no reason for Book running the point.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Booker averaged closed to 27 points per game. Rubio (an actual NBA point guard) will allow him to take a few more catch and shoot threes as opposed to pull-up threes, which should bump his average up a bit. Surrounding him with actual NBA players in general will likely cause fewer double-team situations, which should get him another shot or two. It's perfectly reasonable to expect Booker to score three or four more points per game through increased efficiency, better shots, etc. I don't see how the Suns can't win if he is averaging 30 points. It's not like the Suns are loaded with scorers. While they added a lot of NBA-level support cast, it's not like there are any volume scorers on the team outside of Booker.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess the focus of this article is that Booker will finally have a legitimate head coach in Monty Williams to groom him into stardom. With this I agree.

However, Booker will not lack on the court running mates this season in an improved Ayton, Oubre for a full season, an actual point guard in Rubio, second year Mikal Bridges and a supporting cast of actual NBA players.

The cupboard is not bare beyond Booker although he should be the leader as the Suns take the next step.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I guess the focus of this article is that Booker will finally have a legitimate head coach in Monty Williams to groom him into stardom. With this I agree.

However, Booker will not lack on the court running mates this season in an improved Ayton, Oubre for a full season, an actual point guard in Rubio, second year Mikal Bridges and a supporting cast of actual NBA players.

The cupboard is not bare beyond Booker although he should be the leader as the Suns take the next step.
I wish for the Suns a successful season . . . and a fun season for us to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave