Not For Long. Cardinals Release WR Kevin White

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well shoot was kind of looking forward to seeing Wright....

Cards are probably going to sign crabtree now i mean neaither wr is gamechanging but was hoping good things for wright..

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was hoping he would defy the odds and break out in this offense, but it always seemed like a longshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was as well. Thinking he may finally get over his injuries here & played in the "Air Raid" was a win win for us? As soon as I saw where he was injured in training camp all that went out the window.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If you want to try to put a positive spin on it, you could say that our WR corp is deep enough so that a marginal NFL player like white isn't needed.

Top four WRs will be Fitz, Kirk, Isabella and Sherfield. Plus Johnson from the back field.

Not terrifying, but better than last year. (Fitz, Kirk, Chad Williams and Sherfield). Plus Johnson from the backfield.

Hmmm....

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you want to try to put a positive spin on it, you could say that our WR corp is deep enough so that a marginal NFL player like white isn't needed.

Top four WRs will be Fitz, Kirk, Isabella and Sherfield. Plus Johnson from the back field.

Not terrifying, but better than last year. (Fitz, Kirk, Chad Williams and Sherfield). Plus Johnson from the backfield.

Hmmm....
Isabella starting depends on how well he plays in these next 2 preseason games imo? Not sure he has beat out KJ for the job yet? We can definitely use Isabella as a go route decoy on many plays & when the defense falls asleep covering the underneath routes, hit him for a long one. He will play alot though. Doesn't really matter to me who starts between the 2, they will both play alot of snaps. The "Air Raid" requires depth at WR because of all the routes ran, depth at WR is a must in this offense. I'm surprised they don't keep 8 WR's? 2 deep at every position.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Chad William's not beating out Cooper or Byrd. If that happens, Keim should commit seppuku with a butter knife.

Edit: My bad, misread & thought u said Chad William's was staying on roster. However, Keim still needs butter knife if he is on roster come week 1

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Find a way through the cap space, and there always is, which should not be major and freaking sign Crabtree already, instead of waiting for another team to take him. Yes, he's older and never was great but he's the perfect freaking vet fit for this style of offense... and no, he will not be that magical playoff qualifying elixir (there are none for this current state of our DL/OL) but he will go a long way in helping Murray progress!

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Crabtree? Dude has skillet hands, worse than Troy Niklas. Jesus Murphy.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So now our top four are:

1. Fitz
2. Kirk
3. Crabtree
4. Sherfield/Isabella/K. Johnson?

I was thinking last night that we're still going to need more draft capital for the WR position, since Fitz leaving will again leave us short-handed.

I know Larry is kind of a sacred cow, but don't you guys think that at some point, he needs to step aside so that we can bring some more speed/play-making at that position?

In 2018 he had 69 catches, and averaged 10.2 yards-per-catch (6 TDs). Granted it was in a terrible offense, but I wonder how that ranks vs. teams other #1s?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Chad William's not beating out Cooper or Byrd. If that happens, Keim should commit seppuku with a butter knife.

Edit: My bad, misread & thought u said Chad William's was staying on roster. However, Keim still needs butter knife if he is on roster come week 1

Another big miss by SK on C. Williams. 3rd round pick from Grambling St.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well shoot was kind of looking forward to seeing Wright....

Cards are probably going to sign crabtree now i mean neaither wr is gamechanging but was hoping good things for wright..
Just guessing, but it seems like the Cards are making a cost-benefit decision on the two WR's and feel, with Crabtree, they net out a bit ahead with a little more more talent at slightly higher cost

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So now our top four are:

1. Fitz
2. Kirk
3. Crabtree
4. Sherfield/Isabella/K. Johnson?

I was thinking last night that we're still going to need more draft capital for the WR position, since Fitz leaving will again leave us short-handed.

I know Larry is kind of a sacred cow, but don't you guys think that at some point, he needs to step aside so that we can bring some more speed/play-making at that position?

In 2018 he had 69 catches, and averaged 10.2 yards-per-catch (6 TDs). Granted it was in a terrible offense, but I wonder how that ranks vs. teams other #1s?

If Johnson and Isabella work out, we will not need to draft any more receivers next year.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If Johnson and Isabella work out, we will not need to draft any more receivers next year.

Maybe. But Fitz is going to need a replacement soon, and I don't see any of the guys we have on the roster right now being a true #1 receiver (based on my understanding of what #1 receiver should be).

Your #1 should strike a little fear into the hearts of your opponents correct? Like a julio jones, or DeAndre Hopkins?

I guess maybe that could be Kirk. We'll see.