The Boys (Amazon)

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see Starlight getting her due and I think I might be the only one who thinks Maeve > Starlight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So, I finished this in two days. One early saturday watching 5 in a row and then watching the final 3 last night. Absolutely loved it. Fun, violent, sexy, everything.

The final episode, the interactions between homelander and the Vought CEO chick, super super creepy. Loved it.

No idea where it turns with Butcher right now. Seems like Homelander is purposely trolling him at the end.

Starlight is omg dreamy
Did the baby get blown up? Seems unnecessary.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show was bad ass. I can't believe they're ending the season that way!!! :thud:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I see Starlight getting her due and I think I might be the only one who thinks Maeve > Starlight.

Oh, for hotness, for SURE. I mean, that isn't even close :) Starlight's a better character, though.

Did the baby get blown up? Seems unnecessary.

I think this was exactly what Homelander wanted and planned when he brought the baby downstairs.

Man, is this a fantastic show! I giggled my ass off in the 1st episode, but it turned out not just to be a fun, dark show; it also has heart. Great stuff.

And the Deep gets gill raped. Classic! [\spoiler]

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, for hotness, for SURE. I mean, that isn't even close :) Starlight's a better character, though.

I think this was exactly what Homelander wanted and planned when he brought the baby downstairs.

Man, is this a fantastic show! I giggled my ass off in the 1st episode, but it turned out not just to be a fun, dark show; it also has heart. Great stuff.

And the Deep gets gill raped. Classic! [\spoiler]

that spoiler was weird as hell

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just finished it last night. This show is good. Homelander is an evil POS. Excited to see where they go in season two.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The season 2 trailer/teaser is out. All it says about a release date is it's coming in 2020.

Fair warning, this is one of the goriest trailers I've seen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for this to be back on already!!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just binged this recently. Great show.

Can't wait for Season 2 and cannot believe how different Antony Starr looks and sounds.

What a transformation.

Lucas Hood (Banshee)

You must be registered for see images attach

Homelander (The Boys)

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just binged this recently. Great show.

Can't wait for Season 2 and cannot believe how different Antony Starr looks and sounds.

What a transformation.

I started watching Banshee because of The Boys. I'm kind of glad I didn't make it very far before because no being familiar with him at all helped make Homelander an even bigger a-hole.

I just hope I didn't ruin Banshee now because I'll be seeing him as Homelander in it. I'm only 2 episodes into Banshee and I like it but this is also as far as I made it live when it started years ago.

For anyone interested, Banshee is available OnDemand from Cinemax.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started watching Banshee because of The Boys. I'm kind of glad I didn't make it very far before because no being familiar with him at all helped make Homelander an even bigger a-hole.

I just hope I didn't ruin Banshee now because I'll be seeing him as Homelander in it. I'm only 2 episodes into Banshee and I like it but this is also as far as I made it live when it started years ago.

It's on Amazon Prime now, too. I have seen it already, but am giving it a rewatch.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first image of Stormfront has been released. She'll be a primary villain in season 2. Stormfront was a guy in the comics but they've switched that up for the show. Her powers are similar to Homelanders, she's at least on his level but she's also a nazi. She'll be played by Aya Cash, who was in the FX series "You're The Worst". I enjoyed her in that, hopefully she kills it here as well.

Here's a link to the piece from EW that released the image.

There will be a panel on March 15th with Eric Kripke and the cast at PaleyFest in LA. Hopefully they'll announce a release date for season 2. I think with official releases and panels like that, we shouldn't have to wait that much longer for next season. The first season was released in July and there's a chance they don't drop season 2 before July this year but I hope we get it in May or June.

I'm a little surprised that it's kept my interest like it has because I was experiencing some real superhero fatigue before season 1 came out but this show basically wiped that out. I've been anxious for season 2 ever since I finished the first season.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some good news regarding The Boys. It has been renewed for a 3rd season prior to it's 2nd season premiere. They had season 2 picked up just before season 1 aired also but season 1 had the benefit of showing some early episodes to fans at Comic Con and South By SouthWest so they were able to gauge fan interest early on. Of course season 1 was incredible and knowing they have 2 more seasons on the way is good.

Still no word on the release date for season 2 but the episode names have leaked online at this point. Season 1 debuted in mid-July but the way they've hyped season 2 made it seem like it wouldn't be a full year wait for this season but it looks like it'll be close to a full year wait at this point.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-boys-reportedly-renewed-for-season-3-amazon/

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh. ive probably forgotten 90% of the show by now but I do remember that I loved it!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Banshee is one of my all-time favs.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/banshee-cinemax.191300/

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm almost finished with season 1 of Banshee. I've enjoyed it but haven't been able to binge it. I watch an episode about every week, which works. It reminds of old action flicks from the 80's and early 90's told in a long form episodic manner. It's similar to other Cinemax series in that regard, like Strike Back, Quarry, and Jett. Not something that will draw in a ton of viewers but a well made series worth your time.

Can't wait for season 2 of The Boys. I figure we'll hear something soon about a premiere date. I know shooting finished well before the pandemic so there shouldn't be any delays for this season. The first season premiered in mid July so I would imagine we won't have to wait any longer than that for season 2.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not really into the whole superhero genre, but we tried this out last night at the urging of our son and I was pleasantly surprised. Kind of fun to have the "superheros" being the corrupt "bad guys". Looking forward to see how this plays out.