OT: Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dumbest argument ever.

Cam has a full body of work at the NFL level including leading a team to the super bowl. Accomplished more at this juncture? 100% right.
Whatever guy. If I say the sky is blue you'd answer that. Look, genius, there isn't a large enough sample size to compare the 2. Mayfield is coming off of his rookie year. Newton's going into his 9th season so of course he's accomplished more in the NFL. But the statement was that Newton accomplished more including college and that simply is false. I'd love to hear someone argue it because looking at Mayfield's body of work in college, Newton couldn't carry his jock.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You missed the whole joke of my Post, you're so angry lol
Oh, pardon me for not having a sense of humor with my mother dying and all. This whole freaking board is filled with a bunch of know it all ********. You all can kiss my ass.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whatever guy. If I say the sky is blue you'd answer that. Look, genius, there isn't a large enough sample size to compare the 2. Mayfield is coming off of his rookie year. Newton's going into his 9th season so of course he's accomplished more in the NFL. But the statement was that Newton accomplished more including college and that simply is false. I'd love to hear someone argue it because looking at Mayfield's body of work in college, Newton couldn't carry his jock.
What’s the ultimate measurement of success, particularly for a QB? CHAMPIONSHIP.

Game

Set

Match

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, pardon me for not having a sense of humor with my mother dying and all. This whole ******* board is filled with a bunch of know it all ********. You all can kiss my ass.

Sorry to hear about your mom. If you need anything let us know. Seriously, ASFN is family.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Stat wise it isn't even close. Newton started 1 year in college and his numbers were above average at best(66% comp.%, 2,854 yards, 30 TD, 7 INT) compared to Mayfield's senior year(70.5 comp %, 4,627, 43 TD, 6 INT). Of course you're going to throw out the fact that Newton won a national championship but last I looked football is a team sport and it's glaringly obvious that Mayfield did his part. And if you want to compare rookie seasons their numbers are fairly similar with both winning 6 games but Mayfield helped a team that won zero games the previous season win 6 games. That counts for something. So to imply that Newton accomplished more would be intellectually dishonest.
How many players Cam played with that were drafted? What was Auburn’s record the following season after Cam?

How many players Baker played with that were drafted? What was Oklahoma’s record the following season after Baker?

Gotta love how you left out Cam’s rushing TDs out of the comparison. 50 total TDs > 48, especially compared to the defenses they played against.

Yea, Baker taking a team with 0 wins before is a lot bigger than Cam taking one with 2. Big woo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How many players Cam played with that were drafted? What was Auburn’s record the following season after Cam?

How many players Baker played with that were drafted? What was Oklahoma’s record the following season after Baker?

Gotta love how you left out Cam’s rushing TDs out of the comparison. 50 total TDs > 48, especially compared to the defenses they played against.

Yea, Baker taking a team with 0 wins before is a lot bigger than Cam taking one with 2. Big woo.

Cam was a transcendent player in college football.

Baker was very good, but the guy who followed him played just as well, if not better if you add rushing numbers :p

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I cant wait to hear what Mayfield has to say when the Cardinals and Browns play. Hes going to go off on Kingsbury.
"We knew they couldn't stop the run but even we weren't expecting to have 8 rushing touchdowns".....lol

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam was a transcendent player in college football.

Baker was very good, but the guy who followed him played just as well, if not better if you add rushing numbers :p
Says a lot that it took 1 year of Cam to win the Heisman AND championship while it took Baker 3 years at OU to win just 1 of those things.

This is while Baker is playing with a lot more NFL players than Cam.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Says a lot that it took 1 year of Cam to win the Heisman AND championship while it took Baker 3 years at OU to win just 1 of those things.

This is while Baker is playing with a lot more NFL players than Cam.

Cam and that DT WILLED Auburn to a National Championship.

I wanted Cam that year or Robert Quinn. Liked Peterson, but really wanted a pass rusher.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam is close to the most unlikeable player in the league... But I do give him his props when he was healthy he was a monster… But his press conferences wreak of total douche. His pouting gets unbearably old!

But even through all that no comparison between him and mayfield to this points ITS ALL CAM!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Everyone in the world was shocked....even Jones himself said he was shocked. Baker is right....why is anyone shocked he said it....it's no different than if he said the sun is yellow.
Again everyone was shocked
on a side note Baker was amazing as a rook last year...now he's got all those weapons....LOOK OUT boys and girls....Cleveland's gonna rock
If you got a fantasy team....pick him up

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Cam is close to the most unlikeable player in the league... But I do give him his props when he was healthy he was a monster… But his press conferences wreak of total douche. His pouting gets unbearably old!

But even through all that no comprising between him and mayfield to this points ITS ALL CAM!

Cam has never approached Baker level of douche.

Grabbing his crotch at KU fans?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And Cam acted like a petulant child after getting schooled in the Super Bowl. If you're going to dance and dab and call yourself Superman when you're playing well then you have to fess up and take it like a man when you lose. He showed everyone that he's nothing but a big baby by storming off during his post SB presser.
Showed that he's a big baby after that SB loss. Don't really care for his shirt tearing superman pose & don't really care for BM either. Flag planting at Ohio State & running his mouth now with the Browns has caused me to not care for him.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But even through all that no comprising between him and mayfield to this points ITS ALL CAM!
I can easily name 10 more unlikable players than Cam.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Showed that he's a big baby after that SB loss. Don't really care for his shirt tearing superman pose & don't really care for BM either. Flag planting at Ohio State & running his mouth now with the Browns has caused me to not care for him.

whoa, whoa, whoa Cardsfaninklouky..

Do you know what Baker did the flag plant thing at OSU? Maybe you should before you pass judgement sir...