Logan (aka Wolverine III)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good and proof positive that Marvel can handle the dramatic rated-R superhero movie -- since they proved they could do it with the comedic one, it's nice to see them succeed so well at the dramatic side.

This was Marvel in licensing only... same as Deadpool. FOX runs the show on all X-Men and hasn't done co-pro with Marvel yet the way Sony has with Spidey.

All of which is surprising because FOX has been pretty hit or miss
With their Marvel superheroes, with a completely inconsistent X-Men series and awful Fantastic 4 flicks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only gripe with the movie is the villain was just nothing. There was no inner motivation for the blonde guy. Yay... he had a gold tooth! But what made him want to track them down so bad? Were they responsible for his arm... what was the point of his metal arm? And the doctor was pretty weak also.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My only gripe with the movie is the villain was just nothing. There was no inner motivation for the blonde guy. Yay... he had a gold tooth! But what made him want to track them down so bad? Were they responsible for his arm... what was the point of his metal arm? And the doctor was pretty weak also.
Again, another weak Marvel villain. I know you differentiate non-Disney Marvel and Disney Marvel as being different entities, but we're seeing more and more that there is a continuity of different aspects of these movies.

Seems to me they went the right way and decided to not have rogue mutants work for the people who want to get rid of mutants. The problem there is that mutants will usually always beat humans, so what do they do? Give the humans something that would "enhance" them without being human. While the CGI was good, there was very little advantage any of the humans had with their metal arms. Could see why the writers did it, but they didn't do anything with it after they had it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I hardly think it is a conclusion! Just look at Spider Man. When you want to make another movie, just slap a new actor into the role, change up the story a bit, and viola another Wolverine! :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Logan

Release date: March 3, 2017 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: James Mangold
MPAA Rating: R (for strong brutal violence and language throughout, and for brief nudity)
Screenwriters: David James Kelly, Michael Green
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Boyd Holbrook, Richard E. Grant, Stephen Merchant, Eriq La Salle, Elise Neal, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Dafne Keen

Plot Summary: In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hideout on the Mexican border. But Logan’s attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it yet, but am looking forward to it.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So what, that's it, Wolverine is dead? No more Wolverine movies?

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what, that's it, Wolverine is dead? No more Wolverine movies?

Pretty much true. But if they choose to do more, remember that this film takes place in 2024, so there is some time to do more if they so choose.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty much true. But if they choose to do more, remember that this film takes place in 2024, so there is some time to do more if they so choose.

I figured as much.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought this was ok. Although I was super confused. What happened? How did we get here? Did I miss a Wolverine movie somewhere?

It was definitely the violent, gory action more like Deadpool. The kid was awesome, but I really felt lost.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was ok. Although I was super confused. What happened? How did we get here? Did I miss a Wolverine movie somewhere?

It was definitely the violent, gory action more like Deadpool. The kid was awesome, but I really felt lost.

I think this has been out long enough that I'm ok not using spoiler tags. The incident mentioned on the radio and also in passing with Calisto and Logan regarding Charles was that he had a psychotic break and ended up responsible for killing the X-Men and a bunch of bystanders in Westchester, post Days of Future Past ending. There was a scene that was originally scripted that would have shown that but they decided to scrap it and only make reference to it. In the comic Old Man Logan, Wolverine falls victim to mind control and kills all of the X-Men. It's not known if Xavier caused Wolverine to kill everyone somehow or if he did so himself directly but I picked up on that when I watched it with the references to the "Westchester Incident". You can find more by googling that.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think this has been out long enough that I'm ok not using spoiler tags. The incident mentioned on the radio and also in passing with Calisto and Logan regarding Charles was that he had a psychotic break and ended up responsible for killing the X-Men and a bunch of bystanders in Westchester, post Days of Future Past ending. There was a scene that was originally scripted that would have shown that but they decided to scrap it and only make reference to it. In the comic Old Man Logan, Wolverine falls victim to mind control and kills all of the X-Men. It's not known if Xavier caused Wolverine to kill everyone somehow or if he did so himself directly but I picked up on that when I watched it with the references to the "Westchester Incident". You can find more by googling that.

See, for the non comic book fanatics like myself, it would have been hard to figure all that without knowing what happened in the comics. Wish they didn't scrap that scene, unless they wanted to keep that all up in the air for future movies..

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nah it was just father time taking his toll on Logan and the Adamantiam poising him. I liked the movie except the end. Even in his elder age his body can regenerate, but maybe at a slower pace. Having him impaled on a log was just kinda lame. The didn't even try to take the spike out. Maybe his body would have healed. Dunno, just seemed kinda blah for his ending. Getting torn up by his doppelganger would have been better, imo

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nah it was just father time taking his toll on Logan and the Adamantiam poising him. I liked the movie except the end. Even in his elder age his body can regenerate, but maybe at a slower pace. Having him impaled on a log was just kinda lame. The didn't even try to take the spike out. Maybe his body would have healed. Dunno, just seemed kinda blah for his ending. Getting torn up by his doppelganger would have been better, imo
Considering how graphic it was to begin with, bad wolverine should of torn him to shreads. But then you wouldn't have had his pretty face for the final scene. If he would have been a B list actor, that probably would have happened.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the movie. Seemed like a fitting end. I read an interview where both actors (Patrick and Hugh) were sitting together and agreed this was it for both of them. I don't think we see Patrick Stewart again and seriously doubt we see Hugh outside a quick cameo). This appears to be all she wrote and I am happy about how they handled it.

The little girl in the movie was uber badass.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Logan': Black and White Version Coming to Theaters in May

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/logan-black-white-version-coming-theaters-may-998565

Logan will be seen in a new light next month.

Director James Mangold has revealed a black and white version of the film will be hitting theaters May 16.

"Suggestion. Hard core B&W loving LOGAN fans should not make any plans on the evening of May 16th," Mangold tweeted. "Won't be on a TV. And the answer is no. To make a great B&W version of a film, the whole thing's gotta be regraded & timed shot by shot," he added.

Mangold also revealed that a black and white version will be available on the home entertainment release, but confirmed it will also be in theaters: "Yes, but it will be on big screens on the 16th."

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mad Max Fury Road did a B&W re-release also, which was neat but they didn't try selling it as being recut or shot in a way to accurately display black and white. While I think it's neat and I understand hyping it up for it's rerelease, I think trying to say it needs to be shot a certain way and timed properly. I've never heard anyone try to justify a B&W version in that way before.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Black and white? Why is this a big deal?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
That's a PHENOMENAL trailer!

Great use of the Hurt cover by Johnny Cash.

Indeed. Using that song in a trailer can make any dark movie look awesome.

Loved this film. Logan is the only X-Men character I've really cared about and this was an awesome way for him to finish up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA