Could Devin Booker be a future trade candidate?

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
Lol! Bookers like 22.. our first pick is older than him. Maybe in two years if he stagnates, but it’s not worth discussing now. Suns have had plenty of garbage picks. Let this guy keep growing into his role.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wow..... even I think this thread is crazy talk. You don’t trade Booker...... only Booker wanting out could trade booker.

And that was my prediction. In 18 months..... Book is going to want out. We still shouldn’t trade him..... but he damn sure will want out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Wow..... even I think this thread is crazy talk. You don’t trade Booker...... only Booker wanting out could trade booker.

And that was my prediction. In 18 months..... Book is going to want out. We still shouldn’t trade him..... but he damn sure will want out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you suggesting that he will want out no matter what or are you suggesting that he will want out if the team doesn’t show some significant improvement? The obvious hope is that they do significantly improve over that time.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that he will want out no matter what or are you suggesting that he will want out if the team doesn’t show some significant improvement? The obvious hope is that they do significantly improve over that time.
We will and he won't (want out).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thread is/was intended only for discussion.

I think the source and context of the speculation needs to be reviewed.

Former Atlanta Hawks general manager Wes Wilcox appeared on NBA TV on Monday and discussed six players who could be traded now, later this season and in the future.

The list included Oklahoma City point guard Chris Paul, Cleveland Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love, Washington Wizard shooting guard Bradley Beal, Minnesota Timberwolves small forward Andrew Wiggins, Memphis Grizzlies small forward Andre Iguodala and Booker.

Wilcox put Booker and Wiggins in the "future" category.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ns-could-move-devin-booker-future/1991723001/

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could we all make a gentlemen's agreement to stop all "Booker is going to want out" talk? I am appealing, please. The national media is doing it all the time, and there is a reason. They want Booker to want out because most of them reside in LA or the NY area and they want Booker close to them. They want Book to hear it over and over until he wants it too. Let's not speak it into existence.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could we all make a gentlemen's agreement to stop all "Booker is going to want out" talk? I am appealing, please. ... Let's not speak it into existence.

I think it might be too late for that, it has too much momentum to be silenced now. That doesn't mean we'll lose him (and I still don't believe we will) but the opportunity for someone to steal him away has increased IMO. People always say that perception is reality but they ignore it when they initiate or even participate in this kind of conversation. They help create the perception that Booker should and will want out.

I'll always believe it was fans, mostly, that drove Dice away the first time. All those sports show call-in's asking the same question about Ainge's treatment of Dice helped create the perception that he was being mistreated (playing time).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could we all make a gentlemen's agreement to stop all "Booker is going to want out" talk? I am appealing, please. The national media is doing it all the time, and there is a reason. They want Booker to want out because most of them reside in LA or the NY area and they want Booker close to them. They want Book to hear it over and over until he wants it too. Let's not speak it into existence.

It was a story. It was covered, now we should move on.

However, I do not believe we should take a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" philosophy when it comes to a discussion forum.

IMO, this will be a non-story by the end of the season or next summer. I really believe the Suns will turn the corner that soon.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a story. It was covered, now we should move on.

However, I do not believe we should take a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" philosophy when it comes to a discussion forum.

IMO, this will be a non-story by the end of the season or next summer. I really believe the Suns will turn the corner that soon.

I agree with you, once it was covered nationally, it's almost a must-have conversation. I think the problem started a couple years ago when disgruntled Suns fans started the ball rolling on the idea that Booker is going to abandon ship.

It would have been better for us as Suns fans if that conversation never got started but when you lose like we did and show the potential that Booker has shown, it was always going to happen eventually (the conversation). I look at it like running up the score; I get pissed and would rather the other team not beat us senseless but I'm also aware who is really responsible for the beating (the losers, of course).

Superbone

Reaction score
The thread is/was intended only for discussion.

I think the source and context of the speculation needs to be reviewed.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ns-could-move-devin-booker-future/1991723001/
I'm sorry but I don't agree with the whole premise. It's not necessary to discuss every yahoo's statements. I understand it's the middle of the dead season but I'd rather talk about almost anything else. Continued talk in this line is going to turn this into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The latter.

We will and he won't (want out).

I can see that happening. But I would put my money on two more 30ish win seasons and him going all AD on us. Especially if he becomes a 2nd or 3rd team all-NBA player.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I agree with you, once it was covered nationally, it's almost a must-have conversation. I think the problem started a couple years ago when disgruntled Suns fans started the ball rolling on the idea that Booker is going to abandon ship.
Did anyone say that Booker "is" going to abandon ship?

Or would want to if he doesn't see improvement?

Happily, Sarver has stopped meddling, the roster
is much more balanced and there is hope that we
will finally move up.

Perhaps the potential threat of Booker taking it
for only so long (as well as the fans) led to it.

That makes it a good thing!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't agree with the whole premise. It's not necessary to discuss every yahoo's statements.

I don't think responding to this post serves any greater good but I feel I must because some things that you said lack fairness.

The source information in this thread is well documented. It's from a former GM, NBA TV and azcentral. I'm not sure why you are referencing " yahoo's statements." I rarely use this as a source for information and I didn't use it here.

I understand it's the middle of the dead season but I'd rather talk about almost anything else. Continued talk in this line is going to turn this into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you really wanted to talk about something else you would. By talking about it you perpetuate it. As it is already a national topic I doubt if talking about it on the Suns forum will make it any more likelier to happen.

Let's move on to different topics.

Superbone

Reaction score
I don't think responding to this post serves any greater good but I feel I must because some things that you said lack fairness.

The source information in this thread is well documented. It's from a former GM, NBA TV and azcentral. I'm not sure why you are referencing " yahoo's statements." I rarely use this as a source for information and I didn't use it here.

If you really wanted to talk about something else you would. By talking about it you perpetuate it. As it is already a national topic I doubt if talking about it on the Suns forum will make it any more likelier to happen.

Let's move on to different topics.
I wasn't referring to Yahoo with a capitol 'Y'. See meaning two below:

Yahoo | Definition of Yahoo by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/yahoo

Definition of yahoo. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 capitalized : a member of a race of brutes in Swift's Gulliver's Travels who have the form and all the vices of humans. 2 [ influenced by 2yahoo ] : a boorish, crass, or stupid person.

I will do my part and promise not to respond to this thread any further.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You have to find a trade partner though. What state is willing to trade for you?

And what would they be willing to give up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Heck, I want out too but I’ve lived here since 1969.
I was out shopping various stores today in 111° temperature looking for a particular item.

With the humidity at 10%, I didn't even break a sweat. I wouldn't trade Phoenix for anywhere.

BTW, I finally found what I wanted online on Amazon. And, with my AmEx points, it didn't cost me a penny.

What a country! :)