• 2017 4th Round OG Dorian Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My last thread prompted me to poll everyone about who their least favorite Keim draft pick is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brandon.

Outside of Chad, I see why those players were picked where they were.

Chad would’ve been a 5th-6th rounder if we didn’t draft him, but Brandon for sure would’ve been a UDFA. Extremely massive reach. Called it the time it happened too.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The Reddick and Williams (chad and Brandon) picks were both amateur hour status...no rhyme or reason to take them that soon. All the others were decent logical picks that just didn’t work out.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Haasan Reddick

This was the day I realized Keim had peaked and lost his mind.

.......was he the GM when we drafted Michael Floyd? Edit: Nope.

Deone Bucanon.... I liked the pick, as a safety, but as a LB.

......both picks are examples of a GM picking a DE and a Safety to play ILB.

How about drafting linebacker?

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
At first I thought Keim was a good drafter, thought his first draft was solid at the time. First time I really questioned his ability was Logan Thomas. No rational football mind thought he was worth a 4th. Next was Brandon William's in the 3rd. Horrible reach, no real CB skills, pure projection =late rounder and we burned a 3rd on him. Hassan Reddick, converting a DE who only has to read the tackle, to ILB which is probably the most instinctive position on defense...and with the 13th pick. Not a position I want to take a gamble on with a mid first round pick. If you're going to take him to make him a pure WLB chase LB with a defined role, sure I guess, but we threw him in at ILB.

Unfortunately there are plenty of gaffes to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I might be the only one that didn’t hate the Reddick pick at all.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haasan Reddick

This was the day I realized Keim had peaked and lost his mind.

.......was he the GM when we drafted Michael Floyd? Edit: Nope.

Deone Bucanon.... I liked the pick, as a safety, but as a LB.

......both picks are examples of a GM picking a DE and a Safety to play ILB.

How about drafting linebacker?

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

That was on BA. The GM drafts the player if BA wants them to change positions then that’s on him.

So everyone is just gonna act like BA had no role in any of this?

The second the Bucs picked Sean Bunting a small school DB who wasn’t even on the radar in the second round that was when I knew who had influence over our last few drafts.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO, when you're talking about poor picks, it should always be a 1st rounder & an early 1st rounder at that. Those are the picks that make or break you. I'll go with Cooper. Talked like Jane, played like Jane.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Chad Williams is the worst pick IMO. He didn’t deserve a 3rd round spot, he was UDRFA material, and it’s showing constantly.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
OMFG there are so many worthy choices...:jawdrop: How do you choose just one....Cooper was 7 overall and was just putrid. Ill go with him..

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The law firm of Cooper, Williams, & Nkemdiche

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dropthafoos

Reaction score
A lot of those picks hurt.. Gotta give more credit to the 1st rounders though, split between Cooper/Nkemdiche.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For me, it's Kneediche by a long shot. The first time I heard him interviewed he sounded like he just got done doing a bong rip. I thought are you kidding me? So Mike B personally vetted this guy with his crackerjack prosecutorial instincts? Every time I heard him interviewed, the dumb poo that came out of his mouth, Wolfley lapping it up, it made me angrier every time.

Bucannon didn't bother me so much because we parlayed John Brown out of the trade back. You kind of have to lump them together. Sure Brown didn't work out in the long run, but it was a great pick, nobody could have known he would come down with sickle cell. The Cardinals have definitely been snake bitten. I feel the same way about Cooper. He looked like their best OL that year until he broke his leg, then was never the same.

But yeah, so many to choose from.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For me, it's Kneediche by a long shot. The first time I heard him interviewed he sounded like he just got done doing a bong rip. I thought are you kidding me? So Mike B personally vetted this guy with his crackerjack prosecutorial instincts? Every time I heard him interviewed, the dumb **** that came out of his mouth, Wolfley lapping it up, it made me angrier every time.

Bucannon didn't bother me so much betcause we parlayed John Brown out of the trade back. You kind of have to lump them together. Sure Brown didn't work out in the long run, but it was a great pick, nobody could have known he would come down with sickle cell. The Cardinals have definitely been snake bitten. I feel the same way about Cooper. He looked like their best OL that year until he broke his leg, then was never the same.

But yeah, so many to choose from.

Yes, Nkemdiche was awful, but there was some value in drafting a guy like that late in the 1st round. The Cooper pick early in the 1st round was by far a more devastating choice. When you draft an O-linemen that early, be better be one nasty SOB. Just listening to the tone of his voice, you knew otherwise.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The draft is a tricky proposition and a degree of luck. Keim has stated that the talent piece to the equation is far easier than measuring a player's heart/desire.

That's why I hate the Diche pick.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with Riddick but it was a dead heat with Nkemdiche. Actually I wanted to vote for all of them tbh

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Nkemdiche was risky but at the very end of Rd1...not a horrible gamble. It just didn't pay off.

I didn't like the Cooper pick but it was a need and he got injured...not sure if that is on Keim (analysis) or on Cooper.

I forgot about Minter...he was horrible and a reach.

Hassan Reddick has to be the worst. #13 pick, reach, changing positions, and lack of results.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Not understanding why RNK has so many votes. He was not chosen in the top 10, the reasons for him falling were well known to all, making it a risk to draft him, period. Jonathan Cooper pick was a much bigger swing and miss. Housler over Justin Houston also is sickening...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose