Shameless (US)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only two episodes in so far on the season. But this is DAMN DAMN good TV so far. It is witty, funny and well acted. Oh yea in the 2nd picture below. That is Emmy Rossum who plays the oldest daughter of William H. Macy! SMOKING HOTTT! :D

http://www.sho.com/site/shameless/home.do

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else watch this yet?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I might watch it after I watch the original British show which is on its 8th season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i've enjoyed it. though i want to kick most of the characters' asses. somehow i still enjoy it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've enjoyed it. though i want to kick most of the characters' asses. somehow i still enjoy it.

Dude I was laughing so freaking hard I was crying in that scene with Joan Cusack cuffing William H. Macy and using the ***** on him. :shock:

Then watching him walk down the stairs. I was dying!

:lmao:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I really enjoy this show .... didn't know there was a british version, but figured as much when I saw channel 4 on the production credits

down to the last episode - I really enjoy this

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy this show .... didn't know there was a british version, but figured as much when I saw channel 4 on the production credits

down to the last episode - I really enjoy this

Me too. Really really like it. VERY funny show and well acted.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like this show a lot also and would probably love it save for William H. Macy's atrocious over-acting throughout.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I enjoy the over-acting ..... especially the long winded, very dramatic rants that he goes on ..... reminds me of a lot of drunks I know when they get going

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched the first 5 episodes last night. I like it, but probably don't love it. I'd rather see larger story arc throughout, I think.

I think Macy does a bang-up job of playing a 24/7 drunk. It's like he followed my ex brother in law around to get the character down (who's name also happens to be Frank). Seriously, it's uncanny. He even looks like him a little.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yes, Fiona is uber-hot (in a girl-next-door kinda way...which is nice, it's not hollywood over-the-top sexy).

...wow. That sentence employs a lot of hyphens.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nitpick, but the one thing that bothered me was Fiona's occasional accent. It's like she just had some generic tough-girl accent that was more east coast (Baltimore or even Pittsburgh, maybe) than Chicago.

Being from the South Side myself, I wish they'd made the city more of a "character" in the stories.

Great show, though.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shameless

Been on a 3 day marathon with this highly disfunctional show. Pretty wild, set in Chi-town, some of the writing is awesome.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My 9-month-old daughter got cast to be a character for one of the episodes in Season 10. Can’t give too much info, but it’s pretty funny

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My 9-month-old daughter got cast to be a character for one of the episodes in Season 10. Can’t give too much info, but it’s pretty funny
That's awesome. I just finished Season 9, started from Season 1 a month ago, very binge worthy series.

TJ

Reaction score

This is her with Christian Isaiah. He was awesome on set. Played with her in between takes and fed her. She also got William H Macy to play her the ukulele. Very awesome cast.

TJ

Reaction score
Guys, shameless plug (no pun intended), but my daughter will be on next weekend and the following weekend’s episodes

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love this show...... It's not nearly as good as the first 4 or 5 seasons but this has always been near the top of my DVR.

Lip and his arc the first four or five seasons was magic. And the professor he had an affair with in college? wowsers. Super WOW

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Fiona is sorely missed by me.
Her character was a bit too nuts for me the last few years.

In the beginning it was her and Lip. Loved both stories.

Then it was Carl...... I love Carl.

Big Kev and V have been great the whole time as well!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Her character was a bit too nuts for me the last few years.

In the beginning it was her and Lip. Loved both stories.

Then it was Carl...... I love Carl.

Big Kev and V have been great the whole time as well!
I think writers made her character into a bitch knowing she wasn't going to stay on much longer, so it made an exit for her to leave claiming she was going to do something for herself for a change. Deb as the matriarch of the family doesn't work in my opinion.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The Shameless series finale didn’t exactly nail the landing... which isn’t that much of a surprise considering the downward spiral of the last few season. I still had a little bit of what ended up being misplaced hope though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Shameless series finale didn’t exactly nail the landing... which isn’t that much of a surprise considering the downward spiral of the last few season. I still had a little bit of what ended up being misplaced hope though.
I think the great finale is rare for all shows. How do you adequately wrap up years and sometimes a decade or longer adequately in 30 minutes or an hour? Tough job writing that script.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it was on a downward spiral with Fiona her last couple seasons but it was a complete crash and burn the second she was gone for me. Tried to watch the first episode without her and was done within fifteen minutes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose