Quick Reactions - Preseason Game 2

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This thread should be called "Quick Over-reactions" Holy ****!
Would you rather me say that I was encouraged by Kyler’s 3/8 passing, 12 yards, two penalties, no drives beyond the 40 yard line, and a safety that should’ve never happened?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to see what the Cardinals new offense will look like without seeing the up tempo (Murray-Up Offense™) that is an integral part of the Air Raid offense. We won't know for sure until week one against the Lions.
I totally agree. When our up tempo prevents them from changing players and they get a little gassed things will loosen up. Of course no matter what we do it’s not going to work if we have 3 penalties every drive.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Would you rather me say that I was encouraged by Kyler’s 3/8 passing, 12 yards, two penalties, no drives beyond the 40 yard line, and a safety that should’ve never happened?
Wait until the first failed drive or play in the opening regular season game like the doom and gloomers usually do before pushing the eject button. Do I wish all three phases of the ball looked better? Sure, but if Larry isnt worried and the coaching staff isnt freaking out then why should we? Its a FN glorified practice game. They havent shown any first team scripted plays yet. The tempo isnt the same of whats planned according to Larry nor any of the plays so I suggest before anybody else loses their $hit over a preseason game, cool your jets until the first few reg games. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, knock yourself out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda liken our offense as a boxer sparing but can only move to his left and throw jabs.

Keim should just keep his tapper shut. Putting player on point threatening them is silly. He should know more than anybody what the plan is this preseason. And he should take a look in the mirror. He’s the one the put this ensemble together.

I’m not freaking out yet. If they truly believe in what their doing I hope they are not worried about impressing us. We’ll see.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wait until the first failed drive or play in the opening regular season game like the doom and gloomers usually do before pushing the eject button. Do I wish all three phases of the ball looked better? Sure, but if Larry isnt worried and the coaching staff isnt freaking out then why should we? Its a FN glorified practice game. They havent shown any first team scripted plays yet. The tempo isnt the same of whats planned according to Larry nor any of the plays so I suggest before anybody else loses their $hit over a preseason game, cool your jets until the first few reg games. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, knock yourself out.
Last year Larry wasn't worried, and while they looked clueless, the coaching staff didn't look worried either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Last year Larry wasn't worried, and while they looked clueless, the coaching staff didn't look worried either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They didn't look clueless in the preseason. This time last year, people were predicting that the Cardinals would fall a bit short of the playoffs.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

The bolded excuse is tiring. People were selling KK and KM as a match made in heaven that would provide immediate ROI. We were sold on KM being a generational talent and a plug-and-play guy. So far, we have five drives of KM/KK and nothing to show for it except for two false start penalties & an ill-advised safety. With the same plays, Hundley, Anderson, and Kanoff have led TD drives.

I’d feel a hell of a lot better if Murray at least got us into field goal range. As it stands, there’s nothing that makes KM look like a #1 draft pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The bolded excuse is tiring. People were selling KK and KM as a match made in heaven that would provide immediate ROI. We were sold on KM being a generational talent and a plug-and-play guy. So far, we have five drives of KM/KK and nothing to show for it except for two false start penalties & an ill-advised safety. With the same plays, Hundley, Anderson, and Kanoff have led TD drives.

I’d feel a hell of a lot better if Murray at least got us into field goal range. As it stands, there’s nothing that makes KM look like a #1 draft pick.

I think that it's a tempo thing right now. The way Larry was reacting and Kyler makes me thinks so.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As Prisco said, he’ll figure it out, but if he hits the receiver in the middle in stride, that changes a lot of the narrative from Thursday

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To me the team looked unprepared.

The Raiders looked prepared. They game planned for the game, the Cardinals didn't much.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could be, but at the end, Joyner is a talker. Many know that many air raid concepts are already in the NFL, you can't stop that, even if you kick KK out, so at the end, if the Raiders would have lost, his comment would have looked silly at best.

But again, we are in preseason and we only know for sure what we have by around game 3, maybe even later. But at the moment, it doesn't look that rosy.
Only way to shut Joyner up is to outplay him on the field. And by the way, Carr didn't win many popularity contests with Cardinal fans with his cocky demeanor on the sidelines (Maybe it was unintentional, but that's the way it came off).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In game 2 I did not see a hungry team that executed. Some of this can be corrected.

As Keim points out there will be new players coming in once teams make final cuts.

I'm particularly concerned about the defense especially with Alford out.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread should be called "Quick Over-reactions" Holy ****!
Kinda. But not totally (When you suck you suck).

To put it another way: "Rape is inevitable." But that doesn't mean we should relax and enjoy it.

We dug ourselves a hole. Realistically, we'll have to dig our way out with sound fundamentals and good football decisions.

Pushing the panic button and making stupid decisions = "Overreaction."

But denying that we've got a lot of work to do = football mgt "malpractice."

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Cool your jets? Dont lose your poo?
What the actual fudge dude??
It's pre season for us too man. How are we supposed to have our bitching and moaning in top form for the regular season if we dont take advantage of every opportunity the pre season affords us? Last season was such a disaster many of us didnt even bitch beyond week 3 so we have an entire year of rust to shake off.

So let us bitch..blow our tops...completely melt down....we are gonna need the practice....this season is gonna be demanding on the darksiders

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Cool your jets? Dont lose your ****?
What the actual **** dude??
It's pre season for us too man. How are we supposed to have our bitching and moaning in top form for the regular season if we dont take advantage of every opportunity the pre season affords us? Last season was such a disaster many of us didnt even bitch beyond week 3 so we have an entire year of rust to shake off.

So let us bitch..blow our tops...completely melt down....we are gonna need the practice....this season is gonna be demanding on the darksiders
You do you brother. I save my $hit for when it counts. lol

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems like when we win in the preseason, we have a bad regular season, and when we lose in the preseason, we do better in the regular season. So, I'm hoping and looking for the good regular season. :).
That's the positive I'm taking from that beat down Thursday. :D

Now, I have not seen the game, yet. (don't know if I want to) (I've recorded both espn and fox - which is the easiest to listen to?)

Under BA our preseasons were mostly decent regardless of record with positives on both sides of the ball. Last year there wasn't much to get excited about for the most part and the trend continued to the regular season. Regardless of score, if our starters on both sides of the ball do not start flashing by the last game my expectations going into the regular season will not be high.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Under BA our preseasons were mostly decent regardless of record with positives on both sides of the ball. Last year there wasn't much to get excited about for the most part and the trend continued to the regular season. Regardless of score, if our starters on both sides of the ball do not start flashing by the last game my expectations going into the regular season will not be high.

Didnt we sport something like 10 turnovers last year? We were looking like our defense could win all on its own....
Turned out to be fools gold

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didnt we sport something like 10 turnovers last year? We were looking like our defense could win all on its own....
Turned out to be fools gold
This is a good point. Hope the preseason performance so far this year is also fools gold.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, Peter King has been told that Cardinals offense is hidden away completely until regular season starts. Interesting..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ls-antonio-brown-raiders-fmia-nfl-peter-king/

"Thursday night against Oakland, you saw a bunch of two-tight-end plays, three on a couple of snaps. There were 76 snaps played by Arizona tight ends in all, conservative and slow … stuff you won’t see when the season starts and Kingsbury is calling his offense. It’s ridiculous to ask people to pay for what is nothing but a faux dress rehearsal, but that’s what the Cardinals have put out when the games begin. Here, in the practices, that’s when Kingsbury can mold the real offense.

“The games, we’re trying to keep it close to the vest, obviously,” Kingsbury told me, sitting on a golf cart before practice. “We’re trying to get our players used to playing with each other. But … it’s interesting for me, because this is the NFL, and I’ve never called a game in my life where I wasn’t in straight attack mode. Kyler and I are adjusting to that.”

“So what can you do that’s just not going through the motions?” I asked.

“That’s a great question,” said Kingsbury, choosing his words carefully now. “For us, it’s operations. Getting guys lined up. Proper footwork. Things like that. It’s a challenge for Kyler. He wants to play. He wants to have success right away. He wants to light up every field he gets on. He’s been trying to get more put in to these game plans. ‘Are we game-planning this week? Are we game-planning? Can we do what we do?’ That’s been fun to see. He wants to go out and shine. He always has been the best, wherever he’s played. He expects to be the best. That’s what drives him.”

"

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Somebody that looks like me has been begging for establishing and maintaining a run game for years- freaking tired of watching this BS every year - Kyler is going to get killed for the same reason kurt got killed - and the hoard of QBs since - olives ain’t got a chance to compete passing at 66% - call me a turd and roll me in butter - but it has never worked and I have always been right.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eek-2-winners-losers-redskins-qb-saga-worsens

Trending down:

The Cardinals' defense: It's not a big deal that Kliff Kingsbury's offense struggled against the Raiders. Any offense Kingsbury shows in the preseason isn't going to look remotely like what it will be in September, although the lingering offensive line injuries are problematic. It is a big deal, however, that the Cardinals have lost two starters from a defense that was already perilously thin.

Starting cornerback Robert Alford is expected to miss half the season, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, after suffering an injury in practice last week. And before that, the Cardinals released defensive lineman Darius Philon following his assault arrest, eating $5 million in guaranteed money in the process. Bad teams don't have quality backups and there was no worse team in 2018 than the Cardinals, so perhaps it is no surprise the depth chart is thin in terms of replacements for Alford and Philon, with Patrick Peterson also set to miss games thanks to a six-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA