OT: Rosen behind Ryan Fitzpatrick on Dolphins' depth chart

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Get back to me when/if Rosen shows to be a good NFL QB. Until then it seems completely pointless to talk about him on these boards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Wilks his call or MB's call?

doesn't matter. he's still the one who went out and made a trio of atrocious QB moves that off-season, drafted like crap and I believe it was his idea to bring in McCoy... plus the extreme DUI. If he follows that atrocious performance up with a disastrous one this year, he's should be updating his resume.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get back to me when/if Rosen shows to be a good NFL QB. Until then it seems completely pointless to talk about him on these boards.

I wish Rosen the best. Biggest thing he has got going against him is that Steve Keim drafted him in the first round.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Wilks his call or MB's call?

You might as well quit your job if you're the GM of a football team and you just sat there and let your owner bring in a coach with a questionable OC and a desire to completely change out the one positive on your team - a top-ranked defense. Last year was a complete disaster and regardless of who made the decision to bring in Wilks and his crew there is no way Keim escapes any blame.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might as well quit your job if you're the GM of a football team and you just sat there and let your owner bring in a coach with a questionable OC and a desire to completely change out the one positive on your team - a top-ranked defense. Last year was a complete disaster and regardless of who made the decision to bring in Wilks and his crew there is no way Keim escapes any blame.

right. and again, even if the HC wasn't his call, his player personnel decisions were atrocious. We cut starting RT and QB after THREE GAMES. Note... the RT/QB didn't get demoted. They were straight CUT.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
right. and again, even if the HC wasn't his call, his player personnel decisions were atrocious. We cut starting RT and QB after THREE GAMES. Note... the RT/QB didn't get demoted. They were straight CUT.
This leads me to believe that the free agency signings were more influenced by Arians than Keim. And IIRC Bradford wasn't cut after 3 weeks. He was made inactive after the 3rd game but wasn't released until after the 8th game.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You should make a whole new thread about how Murray looked terrible last night and update us on what the QB that doesn't play for our team is up to now.

Or maybe a thread about the other QB we let go for Murray that shredded our terrible looking defense last night.

Rosen looked terrible during the season, let’s see how Murray does during the season . Knowing what we do now , I’d still take Murray over Rosen any day

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen looked terrible during the season, let’s see how Murray does during the season . Knowing what we do now , I’d still take Murray over Rosen any day

this thread is about Rosens performance and depth chart rankings in preseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This leads me to believe that the free agency signings were more influenced by Arians than Keim.

well, if that's the case and all he was responsible were the drafts, then he was atrocious there as well. and Arians had nothing to do with last seasons awful batch of FA.

And IIRC Bradford wasn't cut after 3 weeks. He was made inactive after the 3rd game but wasn't released until after the 8th game.

a world of difference there.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well, if that's the case and all he was responsible were the drafts, then he was atrocious there as well. and Arians had nothing to do with last seasons awful batch of FA.

a world of difference there.
Not to mention that Bradford got $15 million for 3 games. That is on Keim. And didn't Glennon get $5 million? I haven't seen that much money spent on garbage since Solyndra.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Rosen 10/18 108 with no TD or picks running as the starter. Looks like he’s being given a chance to start. Sounds like Fitz will start game 3 and they will judge who played better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMF1991

Reaction score
I can't imagine Fitz being the starter after 6 games or so. Rosen will get his chance, and once he does I don't think Miami will look back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Miami knows rosen is not an answer as starter. They are basically tanking.

I think Rosen is going to be a career backup.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim fleeced the Dolphins.

LOL @ Keim being smart enough to fleece anyone.

Dolphins got Josh for cheap and it really doesn't matter to them if he pans out in the long run. Low risk and low investment. Great if it works out but not devastating if it doesn't.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It only becomes somewhat of a win if Rosen leads them to constant 7-9 purgatory, making them not good enough to make the playoffs nor not being bad enough to get a high draft pick without trading up.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m just glad we could get something for him . Anyone watching us last year could just see he just didn’t seem to have that “it” factor .

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just glad we could get something for him . Anyone watching us last year could just see he just didn’t seem to have that “it” factor .

There's a lot of pressure on you to under-perform when Steve Keim drafts you in the first round of the NFL draft. ;)

Hopefully, Rosen breaks free from that in another setting. He did lead the Dolphins on a 99-yard TD drive this preseason. Didn't see our current first round QB do that here (meaning a TD drive of any length).

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of pressure on you to under-perform when Steve Keim drafts you in the first round of the NFL draft. ;)

Hopefully, Rosen breaks free from that in another setting. He did lead the Dolphins on a 99-yard TD drive this preseason. Didn't see our current first round QB do that here (meaning a TD drive of any length).

lol

yeah

preseason