Keim's Response

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I can’t think of any candidates to replace him with, but it is time to find a new gm.

Give Nick Caserio all the money the bidwills have so when he leaves the pats next year he doesn’t just go right to Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean he didn’t rip himself and resign on air? These are weekly interviews and like last year he’s going to go thru the motions when speaking to the media.

I don't think it is "going through the motions" when you threaten all but 4 players on the team on the radio. You talk about firing people who make mistakes but then at the same time excusing your mistake with Philon.

It's reactionary and the opposite of what a top level leader should do.

Top level leaders don't rant to their customers about their crappy product

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It kind of seemed like Gruden didn't want to look like a fool against a rookie QB on a national stage. So I think he might have game planned some for Murray. It sure seemed like they were coming after Murray and then when Hundley came in the Raiders defense went back to being Vanilla.

Yes I thought this as well but I am glad he did.

I am glad that Kyler Murray got his ass kicked last night because all off season we have heard "But what will he do when he fails? He has never failed"

Well he was drenched in failure last night. Now let's see how he reacts.

So thank you Gruden for serving this dose of humility to Murray in the preseason instead of him having an easy couple series in the preseason against vanilla defenses and then getting blown up game 1.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Lmao a bad pre season game. Oh I’m sorry did you think this team was going to go from worst team in the nfl to the playoffs?

I swear this board is nuts

Dibs on Brazilian!

Delicious

You must be registered for see images attach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lmao a bad pre season game. Oh I’m sorry did you think this team was going to go from worst team in the nfl to the playoffs?

I swear this board is nuts

That was more than a bad preseason game. It was inexcusably bad - especially on defense.

The starters looked worse than the Wilk's led team for most of their games - that is no easy accomplishment, as they were one of the worst teams of the last few decades.

If they don't look much better next game we are in for a very bad season again.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was more than a bad preseason game. It was inexcusably bad - especially on defense.

The starters looked worse than the Wilk's led team for most of their games - that is no easy accomplishment, as they were one of the worst teams of the last few decades.

If they don't look much better next game we are in for a very bad season again.

You were in for a bad season anyway.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The blame starts at the top.

Keim brought in this bunch of trash.

Yet, after saying that.......this team's talent level is trash.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
hey *******... if you need to claim 15 guys off the waiver wire because your roster sucks, that ain't the players fault... IT'S YOURS.

Man, this guy just rubs me the wrong way.
I'm sick of him

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's to making a run at Ozzie Newsome in 2020. He said he will never leave BAL but I hope he reconsiders and Bidwill makes him an offer he can't refuse. Newsome would be the 1 guy I think can turn this franchise around. Keim is gone at the end of the year.
Dreaming is free

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't think it is "going through the motions" when you threaten all but 4 players on the team on the radio. You talk about firing people who make mistakes but then at the same time excusing your mistake with Philon.

It's reactionary and the opposite of what a top level leader should do.

Top level leaders don't rant to their customers about their crappy product

What I should’ve said is I just don’t care about his interviews. If he says something dramatic it’s going to sound bad. If he says the same generic crap every week it’s going to sound bad. Whatever he says is going to sound bad if we’re a terrible football team.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
We will see if these comments will actually lead to something tangible. Both lines need an infusion of talent and depth. Claiming a bunch of waiver wire cuts will not help this team or address any of the indicators we have seen through practice or preseason.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He is the architect of this entire mess. If guys aren't trying hard enough, it's because he brought in guys with questionable work ethic. Yet he sounds nothing like someone who has any real fear about his job security.

Also, has any team ever been so proud to be first on the waiver wire? The FO seems to talk about it every chance they get like it's some badge of honor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still think Gruden wanted to send a message along several fronts. Old employer ESPN, national audience, new head coach across the field wanting to stick it to the new young gun, that he probably thinks shouldn’t be in the league as a head coach. Factor in hard knocks show as well. Gruden knows the cameras will be on him and he made sure that his team took this game way more seriously than we did. He is an egomaniac and did not want to be shown up by Kliff, hence all the blitzing by their defense.
Yes all great reasons our team sucked ass. :rolleyes:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Also, has any team ever been so proud to be first on the waiver wire? The FO seems to talk about it every chance they get like it's some badge of honor.
Right? It’s ridiculous that they wear it as a badge of honor. I mean, has it netted them anything if value?!?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the architect of this entire mess. If guys aren't trying hard enough, it's because he brought in guys with questionable work ethic. Yet he sounds nothing like someone who has any real fear about his job security.

it is beyond weird.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am sure Suggs, Budda Baker, and Peterson love hearing this

The general manager read a short-list of players he considers Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Chandler Jones and Murray will be on the 53-man roster come the regular season.
I'm sure he didn't leave those players out on purpose, at least I hope not? One of those things where he just mentioned players off the top of his head.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a stunning lack of self reflection of himself and his coach. It's just fuel to fan frustration.

https://arizonasports.com/story/204...rdinals-gm-steve-keim-puts-players-on-notice/

Preseason or not, Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim isn’t happy with his team.

At the least, he’s feigning concern and using a 33-26 loss Thursday to the Oakland Raiders as an opportunity to pull urgency out of Arizona’s players.

The Cardinals were outgained in yardage 231-12 by the time the first-string offense led by rookie quarterback Kyler Murray left the field in the second game of the preseason. Arizona fell behind 26-0 after Murray took a sack for a safety midway through the second quarter.

And Murray, who went 3-of-8 for 12 yards, wasn’t the focus of Keim’s concern.

“I think the biggest concern would be when the takeaway … the best thing I saw all night was my daughter Sloane, who did a fantastic job with the junior cheer (team) at halftime,” Keim said Friday while joining Doug & Wolf on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station. “She looked good out there.

“The mindset I have, and I think our players need to adopt this even a little more, is we’re not the Arizona Cardinals right now. We’re 90 men who are trying to win a job.”

The general manager read a short-list of players he considers Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Chandler Jones and Murray will be on the 53-man roster come the regular season.

Until then, Arizona’s players had best be flying around like their job is on the line.

“There are a number of players that maybe in my mind have gotten too comfortable or think they’re going to make this team, maybe aren’t playing with the level of urgency that I would like to see,” Keim said, reminding that the Cardinals are first in the waiver-wire priority order.

“If we have to claim 15 guys and replace those players, we’ll do what we got to do.”

Keim added that Arizona’s attention to detail is lacking. It showed Thursday as Arizona was flagged 14 times for 108 yards.

But the general manager also saw bad habits in the form of players standing too tall, ending up in the wrong gaps or lacking urgency.

The game might have been a carry-over from Arizona’s last practice, an intense outdoor session Tuesday that saw Murray struggle, according to the GM.

“I thought it was our worst practice of the preseason. I thought we looked sloppy. I thought it was Kyler’s worst day,” Keim said. “Really I think the way we practiced Tuesday was the way we played last night.”

EXTRA POINTS
— Keim addressed the release of defensive end Darius Philon, an offseason signing who was cut after he was arrested on assault charges last weekend.

“The one thing about Darius — and I’ll leave it at that — is that prior to coming here, there was no history of off-the-field issues,” the GM said.

— Confirming a report that Arizona was interested in free agent defensive tackle Corey Liuget, Keim clarified that the former Charger will visit with the team on Saturday.
If he sees defensive linemen standing too tall, ending up in the wrong gaps & not playing with a sense of urgency, then he should get in VJ's ass & tell him what needs to be fixed. I understand it's a fine line between doing his job & not stepping on the toes of position coaches trying to do theirs, but if it's broken, do whatever required to fix it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with what he said. I didn't see much from anyone last night that had me excited. It was pretty much a lack luster effort on both sides of the ball. Especially on the defense.

Jobs are on the line, including Keim's. This is a 3-13 team. Not many players should be feeling comfortable right now. If you are here just to collect a paycheck I'd rather not have you on the team.
I agree with everything you said, only I thought these players looked pretty good last night. Hundley, Cooper, Sherfield & Turner. I was excited to see the long Isabella TD also. I don't care if the players are starters or not, they performed & looked good on several plays.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't leave those players out on purpose, at least I hope not? One of those things where he just mentioned players off the top of his head.

To avoid any misinterpretation, maybe the meathead shouldn't have uttered any names and left it open ended?

Or you say even Fitz, Murray, Jones and Kirk haven't secured their spots so they better step up and they lead by example?