OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've long been a Keim supporter... even through his DUI believing that we all make mistakes. But, watching this team thus far, coupled with his sophomoric comments this morning, I am not so sure anymore... I have serious doubts about him as a GM, and even as a person/leader. What he said this morning, while accurate, should not have been said in a radio interview. If he truly feels this way - and I hope he truly does - it would've been more appropriate for him to first speak these words while looking in a mirror, as HE is the one who chose these players (and coaches). After he were done self-reflecting, he then could've gathered the coaches - and maybe even the team - and shared these feelings... But on the radio? Delivering this type of message indirectly through the media?? Seriously Keim??? :rolleyes:

100% what I am saying.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
All this show of anger seems poorly placed to me. It’s a little late to decide these aren’t the right guys. Keim has somehow managed to put the shallowest team on the field that I think I have ever seen.

Keim had a good idea several years ago with his “prove it” contracts. Like everything else in the NFL teams immediately copied it. That was his last quality idea. Now that he can no longer just grab veteran plugs for holes he now has weaknesses everywhere. He’s drafts poorly especially in early rounds. He signed mediocre QBs to absurd contracts. He’s not been successful at signing front line free agents. Somehow I don’t see any of the current players as afraid he can replace them.

Once you decide that you're going to take on $30 million in dead money, there isn't much you can do to create depth. The team is going to squander at least one year of Kyler Murray's cost control being able to help the rest of the roster.

I think ti's hard to underrate the impact of All or Nothing and the Cards' current Facebook TV show. When you have a camera in your face 100% of the time, you start thinking that you have to perform 100% of the time, and you stop being a real person.

There is no causal overlap between being good on TV and being a good GM. I wonder if some of Michael Bidwill's pet projects would get quashed by a strong and legit GM.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The “its preseason” vibe comments and feel from the team is one I will let ride for the next two weeks. We will have a good idea of who we really are by game 3. I do expect growing pains, but also expect this team to get better each week and be competitive. If they are not, then Keim needs to go. I don’t think he will, cuz this experiment with K1 and K2 buys him at least 2-3 years. We will have close to $100m in cap space next year. That’s good and bad pending your view of the organization and who makes the decisions

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The “its preseason” vibe comments and feel from the team is one I will let ride for the next two weeks. We will have a good idea of who we really are by game 3. I do expect growing pains, but also expect this team to get better each week and be competitive. If they are not, then Keim needs to go. I don’t think he will, cuz this experiment with K1 and K2 buys him at least 2-3 years. We will have close to $100m in cap space next year. That’s good and bad pending your view of the organization and who makes the decisions
The hundred mil is great but will there be a hundred mil worth of guys who can help the team?
We dont need cap space we need talent.
Just a couple years back we had a deep team. Now our ones cant even get in field goal range.
Any ideas on who will be available that can help us

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a 2 year rebuild for me. This year is to be competitive as much as possible. Next year build along both lines of scrimmage and take the step to push for a playoff contender. Bidwill, Arians, and Keim rolled the dice on getting a ring during the Palmer days. Now it’s a rebuild and I will give him 2 years. If We still suck, then he goes

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You mean he didn’t rip himself and resign on air? These are weekly interviews and like last year he’s going to go thru the motions when speaking to the media.

Help me, I am digging deep here to come up with more positivies. Looks like I reached an end here.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

6 wins or he’s gone. No way Bidwill can bring him back and allow him pick top 5 and blow $100 million overpaying for any stiff he thinks he can plug a hole with.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you guys but if/when we let Keim go, we are likely bringing in his disciple Adrian Wilson as his replacement.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“If we have to claim 15 guys and replace those players, we’ll do what we got to do.”

hey *******... if you need to claim 15 guys off the waiver wire because your roster sucks, that ain't the players fault... IT'S YOURS.

Man, this guy just rubs me the wrong way.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing he said surprised me.

Whether it has the affect SK wants it to have is for members of the Cardinal family to decide.

That said - no matter how SK deals with these crappy times, it will be panned by most of the fan-base. Either SK said what had to be said or it will be accepted as "insincere" or "unfair."

Bleep happens. Losing sucks Losing big time sucks big time. SK stepped in it and either he figures out how to dig his way out or he'll probably be toast. The danger is that everyone associated with the Cardinals will act hysterically and do dumb things.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the bigger problem. If this Air Raid experiment fails and Keim gets fired. What happens with KK and K1? Do the Cards just start from scratch a third year in a row? New GM, New Coach and new QB?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's to making a run at Ozzie Newsome in 2020. He said he will never leave BAL but I hope he reconsiders and Bidwill makes him an offer he can't refuse. Newsome would be the 1 guy I think can turn this franchise around. Keim is gone at the end of the year.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just believe like Keim that the Air Raid won't fail and cross that bridge next year.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's to making a run at Ozzie Newsome in 2020. He said he will never leave BAL but I hope he reconsiders and Bidwill makes him an offer he can't refuse. Newsome would be the 1 guy I think can turn this franchise around. Keim is gone at the end of the year.
Going to have to talk Ozzie out of retirement.;)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've long been a Keim supporter... even through his DUI believing that we all make mistakes. But, watching this team thus far, coupled with his sophomoric comments this morning, I am not so sure anymore... I have serious doubts about him as a GM, and even as a person/leader. What he said this morning, while accurate, should not have been said in a radio interview. If he truly feels this way - and I hope he truly does - it would've been more appropriate for him to first speak these words while looking in a mirror, as HE is the one who chose these players (and coaches). After he were done self-reflecting, he then could've gathered the coaches - and maybe even the team - and shared these feelings... But on the radio? Delivering this type of message indirectly through the media?? Seriously Keim??? :rolleyes:
THIS. ALL DAY THIS.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the bigger problem. If this Air Raid experiment fails and Keim gets fired. What happens with KK and K1? Do the Cards just start from scratch a third year in a row? New GM, New Coach and new QB?

unfortunately, i think they HAVE to give Keim two years here because of that very question. You can't bring in a new GM and saddle him with a coach and QB he didn't choose. Which is why with a boatload of cap space and the first pick I banged so hard for Keim to get the boot last off-season. The Cardinals just went total Ryan McDonough here with what could be another Suns-like disaster.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree, we should have started over with a new GM. Now we're stuck with Keim who I'm afraid is doing long term damage.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Not suggesting he couldn't have taken some blame, but it's not like he is wrong in suggesting that a lot of the players didn't come to play. It definitely seemed like there was a lot of just kind of going through the motions out there by quite a few guys.

On the other hand Gruden seem to have his team playing hard last night. I bet Gruden probably doesn't have cell phone breaks either.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lmao a bad pre season game. Oh I’m sorry did you think this team was going to go from worst team in the nfl to the playoffs?

I swear this board is nuts

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I still think Gruden wanted to send a message along several fronts. Old employer ESPN, national audience, new head coach across the field wanting to stick it to the new young gun, that he probably thinks shouldn’t be in the league as a head coach. Factor in hard knocks show as well. Gruden knows the cameras will be on him and he made sure that his team took this game way more seriously than we did. He is an egomaniac and did not want to be shown up by Kliff, hence all the blitzing by their defense.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the other hand Gruden seem to have his team playing hard last night. I bet Gruden probably doesn't have cell phone breaks either.

It kind of seemed like Gruden didn't want to look like a fool against a rookie QB on a national stage. So I think he might have game planned some for Murray. It sure seemed like they were coming after Murray and then when Hundley came in the Raiders defense went back to being Vanilla.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
MCD I completely agree. Gruden wanted to make a statement last night. After Murray went out, the raiders were not nearly as aggressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson