Preseason Week 2: Oakland Raiders @ Arizona Cardinals GameDay Thread. 08/15/19

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Hundley is playing against the 2nd string defense and is under considerably less pressure.

Maybe so but he's looked capable nonetheless and it wouldn't hurt in case Kyler isn't ready or god forbid he gets injured. Reminds me of when Glennon came in after Rosen was struggling last season and led the offense to a nice TD drive.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have consistently horrible drafts. The holes have been covered up by players from pre-Keim drafts, "Keim Time" signings and a couple of good trades, but none of that is sustainable. If you whiff on nearly all of your early draft picks, you are going to have a bad team.

Keim's free agency decisions have also been low-key terrible for awhile now. Hicks looked slow and confused tonight. Gilbert looks kind of done. Philon isn't even on the team. Really tough to believe that Keim still has a job.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Preseason means nothing.
From a macro standpoint, yes. But you’d like to see a semblance of competence on both sides of the field. So far, there hasn’t been an outstanding play outside of the Hundley/Sherfield TD pass

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
From a macro standpoint, yes. But you’d like to see a semblance of competence on both sides of the field. So far, there hasn’t been an outstanding play outside of the Hundley/Sherfield TD pass
I still stand by statement. We will be better in real games. Gotta believe.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sort of agree, but then I remembered our starters played well last preseason only to win as many regular season games as we did preseason games.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Preseason means nothing.

Cough, cough confidence - preseason should be the preparation to put the best product on the field opening day, but yea this might help not hurt. High risk offense and qb - disrespect for opposing defense and teams - will be exposed

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Murray get another opportunity to open the 2nd half.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I hope the announcer is right about teams treating this as our actual offense and copy the Raiders... and thank you for the other announcer saying he is holding 'a lot' back while we dish out vanilla and Gruden is playing Rocky Road with caramel on top

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this game was a wakeup call. The point of these games is to see what's broken. Well, there's a lot broken.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave